Meatloaf

bepsf

Isn't it a shame they are still serving it!! I had hoped with a new executive chef that they would have discontinued the offering. As most have said, this is not a meal choice that is appropriate for a dinner entree on a "Premium" line, especially the last night, as that is the dinner you tend to remember after the cruise! With that and fish and chips offered that night, I felt like they were cutting back the last night, as we'd be off the ship the next day!:eek:

I agree LL - but I think its much, much too soon for the new executive chef to be able to have had much of an effect in the kitchens as of yet.

Discussed this (among other things) w/ the bar-consultant/mixologist who happened to be aboard Amsterdam last week implementing his updated bar/cocktail service program (another part of the Signatures of Excellence...) He's been working for MONTHS on his program and was only on his 3rd or 4th ship training the bar staff and implementing new menus...

I actually tried the meatloaf entree on the Zui last month. It wasn't the greatest meatloaf, but I didn't think it was really bad. That said, I wouldn't order it again.

However, it is a new trend in restaurants, especially at the high-end restaurants, to serve "comfort" food. Meatloaf is now trendy!

When we were aboard the Prinsendam in June, near the end of our 2 week cruise, meatloaf was offered at dinner and by that time, nearly everyone was tired of lobster, shrimp, steak, lamb, crab, etc. 6 of 8 diners at our table ordered meatloaf, and from the 2 large tables nearest us, at least another dozen ordered it as well. Everyone agreed it wasn't the greatest we'd had, but it wasn't the worst, either, and it was, comfort food - like the bread pudding in the Lido at lunch. Would I do it again? Likely!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

When I see these "Meatloaf" posts, always wonder what else was offered?

Don't laugh or make fun ... BUT, BUT, BUT ... some folks with problems chewing might be very happy to see MEATLOAF on the menu!

On our last cruise (Celebrity, not HAL) we had lunch in the dining room with a couple who always had lunch in the dining room BECAUSE there were more options of things they able to eat (chew). Seems at night they were normally limited to pasta and/or fish.

Had they not mentioned this, we'd have never considered that ... just maybe ... having a soft offering at dinner is a good thing.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Chilean Sea Bass

Bouilliabaise

Dover Sole

Paella

Examples of 'soft, easily chewed' foods that I personally would find more palatable than meatloaf. I think it a very poor choice to put on the menu, particularly the last night of a seven day cruise. I'd sooner have the hamburger than meatloaf if they are going to offer chopped meat at dinner.

Next we'll be seeing mac and cheese. :(

Chilean Sea Bass

Bouilliabaise

Dover Sole

Paella

Examples of 'soft, easily chewed' foods that I personally would find more palatable than meatloaf. I think it a very poor choice to put on the menu, particularly the last night of a seven day cruise. I'd sooner have the hamburger than meatloaf if they are going to offer chopped meat at dinner.

Next we'll be seeing mac and cheese. :(

Other entrees for that evening would be Wieners and beans, Chili fries and Chicken nuggets:eek:

Archived