Bonaire, Grand Turk, Trinidad

Sea and Me

To those of you that have cruised these ports which would be the better islands to visit?? Thanks for your help. I know there is something about each that probably would be interesting. Looking for cruises where we have never been and these islands are among those places.

To those of you that have cruised these ports which would be the better islands to visit?? Thanks for your help. I know there is something about each that probably would be interesting. Looking for cruises where we have never been and these islands are among those places.

Did you try the Ports of Call board. There might be some interesting ideas and places to see and do at those ports.

marilyn

Bonaire or Trinidad. :)

They can keep Grand Turk. :eek:

I tend to differ from Colo . Grand Turk is really an unspoiled gem. Its very undeveloped and offers lots of relaxing beaches the snorkeling is great the drop offs are very deep and provide great variates of fish.

Trinidad is a dump its full of druggies too be careful walking around . Things are really cheap to buy but it reminds me of a dump.

Bonaire never been:D

I tend to differ from Colo . Grand Turk is really an unspoiled gem. Its very undeveloped and offers lots of relaxing beaches the snorkeling is great the drop offs are very deep and provide great variates of fish.

Trinidad is a dump its full of druggies too be careful walking around . Things are really cheap to buy but it reminds me of a dump.

Bonaire is beautiful, good taxi tours and great snorkeling, easy to get around. Trinidad is scary. The day we arrived there was a gun fight in the downtown between the police and a group robbing the bank. Also a few cabbies would not take people on tours to private beaches as they said it was a holiday and too dangerous. The tour we had booked to ASA Wright was cancelled so we just went for a little shop on the dock, without leaving the secured area and went back to the ship.

I agree with the last poster, Trinidad is a dump. Some folks came back to the ship after walking just a little ways and were too scared to go any further.

Can't comment on Grand Turk yet but will be going there in May.

Bonaire and Grand Turk are both great places for snorkeling and scuba diving.

Are you sure your cruise is really going to Trinidad? The itinerary for our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess says that we stop in "Scarborough, Trinidad". Scarborough is in Tobago, a much nicer island than Trinidad. The confusion is probably because the name of the country is Trinidad and Tobago. Eventually we received an email from Princess telling us that we would be stopping in Tobago, not Trinidad. But the itinerary still says "Scarborough, Trinidad".

event.png

image.php?code=0XT13269d6Xk17Xs22XEmerald Princess SCUBA cruise

Bonaire and Grand Turk are both great places for snorkeling and scuba diving.

Are you sure your cruise is really going to Trinidad? The itinerary for our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess says that we stop in "Scarborough, Trinidad". Scarborough is in Tobago, a much nicer island than Trinidad. The confusion is probably because the name of the country is Trinidad and Tobago. Eventually we received an email from Princess telling us that we would be stopping in Tobago, not Trinidad. But the itinerary still says "Scarborough, Trinidad".

event.png

image.php?code=0XT13269d6Xk17Xs22XEmerald Princess SCUBA cruise

Thats funny I thought the same thing about GT.

Been there twice and that was 2 times too many.

Thought the snorkeling was pretty bad. :)

ISLANDWOMAN.....

I think it is Tobago not Trinidad the Island. :)

The itinerary says Trinidad, Trinidad & Tobago, so I guess it is Tobago. We are looking into doing a cruise to places that we haven't visited. It looks like Bonaire is winning so far. The Emerald goes to Bonaire. We want to book this for Fall of '09. Do any of you know when those cruises become available??

Thanks for your input all of your posts are very helpful.

One of the top 2 places I have been snorkeling. I wish we would have been there longer during our Christmas cruise. 7-1 just wasn't enough.

Based upon past years, I would guess May of this year. I'm also looking for summer of '09 or December of '09.

Archived