All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Wait until after tomorrow and we hear even MORE of what this ship is going to offer. With airfare going prices going crazy, he may actually be happy that you want to change.

That was the main reason I started thinking about changing. I figured that by the time we can book our flights, San Juan will be outrageous. You wouldn't believe what we are paying to fly to Hawaii this December! :eek:

And with the developments, it looks like the ports for Oasis will pretty darn good. Especially if Antiqua really is one of them. That port got dropped from the Serenade itinerary and we were going to do the most awesome speed boat tour. We may still have that chance. I will be at my computer tomorrow morning (since I am in CA) just waiting for the announcements to roll in.

If you look back at some of my older posts you might even catch me saying that I had NO DESIRE to board a ship this big. My how things change. :D :p I learned a long time ago to never say never.

RCI? If your paying attention to this thread, once everything is revealed tomorrow (no more secrets), please consider asking the shipyard to install a webcam so we can all view the progress being made during construction. I am sure the majority of us would love to have something like that available to us. What do you say guys and gals?

DrB

I love this photo.

http://rcigenesis.googlepages.com/construx-may3.jpg/construx-may3-full;init:.jpg

Really shows just how big the Oasis is going to be.

Wow! With the people to give it perspective, you can really see how large this ship is! :eek:

My niece will be there in NYC tomorrow (ChristieNJ), and I can't wait to hear all of the details from her, as well as checking in here on Cruise Critic!!! :cool: This is the first time that I've ever had plans to cruise on a brand-new class of ship, and it's pretty exciting, waiting to hear all of the details. I told ChristieNJ that if she finds out tomorrow which dates the first booking period will cover, she needs to send me a text message right from the theater. LOL I'm hoping to be able to book our cruise right away when bookings open. :D

Here is some new information that I dug up through press releases that have not been posted here yet, or I have not seen it yet. Sorry if some of this has already been posted:

Boardwalk Info:

The Zip-Line will be 82 feet long

Johnny Rockets and the "Seafood Shack" will be on the Boardwalk

Expected to be the center of kid activity

There will be a store for teens called the "Star Pier"

There will be a store for kids.

There will be six AquaTheater Suites, 221 Boardwalk-view balcony staterooms, and eight Boardwalk-view window staterooms

Royal Prom Info:

The Royal Promenade will serve as the entry point for all guests embarking on Oasis of the Seas, rather than the traditional lower decks. A vast tree sculpture by international artist Larry Kirkland will serve as an impressive welcoming spot.

There will only be 18 staterooms this time

A giant copper globe will “crack open” as part of its unique construction and extend over the Royal Promenade as a bridge platform.

8 Stores and 9 Restruants

New coffee bar called "Mondo Coffee Bar"

Not offically a Neighborhood as of right now.

New AquaTheater Info:

Fitted with three stage machinery devices, the pool’s depth will rise or fall to meet the needs of each performance and for its various functions throughout the day

Three custom lifts built into the pool will allow for intricate and multilevel performances

Underwater cameras will film performers and project images onto two giant Barco® LED screens that will flank the stage

Throughout the evenings, the AquaTheater pool will come alive with beautiful choreographed fountain shows, amid hundreds of water nozzles – some with capabilities of shooting water 65 feet (20 meters) high – programmed to music and lights

A giant trampoline will be centered between two diving towers allowing gymnasts and aerialists to flip and dismount into the pool

The diving tower will include two spring boards and two 10-meter high dive platforms

A bridge connects the two high dive boards which can support an entire row of divers. On the underbelly of this bridge will be lights and nozzles that allow for water to fall like a curtain down into the pool below

A trapeze will hang behind the high dive boards to give the appearance that trapeze artists are climbing the curtain of water

Contrary to the new video, the AquaTheater is being billed as an extension of the Boardwalk on the Oasis of the Seas website, and not it's own neighborhood.

Other general new Oasis info:

37 categories of accommodation options many with views unique to Oasis of the Seas.

no news about deck plans or when reservations will be starting? I thought that was supposed to come out today..

No deck plans, but there is a TON of information out today regarding the various types of cabins http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2653

Bookings will open up on September 3, 2008.

Maybe a little earlier for Crown & Anchor members?? :confused:

The thing that puzzles me, is where is the dining room going to be? I've studies the exterior pics and don't seems to see where a large dining room or rooms could go?

Maybe they forgot to add the dining room? ;) :p

We thought Freedom was Awesome...Oasis is going to be the BOMB!!!!

Who is going to have time to eat?

CCC you said it!!!!

take a looksee...

Here are some links to get some stuff in one place....

May 15, 2008: Oasis of the Seas: Central Park Neighborhood

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2514

June 18, 2008: Oasis of the Seas: Boardwalk

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2654

June 18, 2008: Oasis of the Seas: New Cabins details

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2655

June 18, 2008: Oasis of the Seas: Itinerary

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2650

June 18, 2008: Oasis of the Seas:Royal Promenade on Oasis Will Be Bigger and Better

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2656

June 18, 2008: Oasis of the Seas:Royal Caribbean Raises Curtain on Oasis AquaTheater

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2652

Quickly checking in from this expensive internet at the hotel at LAX. WOW is all I can say and that I am hyperventilating about all that I have read. Do not have time to digest it all.

Well Done RCI..well done... the sky is the limit.:D

I am going to need days to read all the info and posts.

IMO,they need to make the oasis sailings at least 9 nights long, because how are we supposed to experience all the ship has to offer within 7 nights, especially if you go ashore at the port stops:eek:

of course,a B2B would be the ultimate,but many people,myself included, cannot afford that:o

oh well ,we shall see

dave

Quickly checking in from this expensive internet at the hotel at LAX. WOW is all I can say and that I am hyperventilating about all that I have read. Do not have time to digest it all.

Well Done RCI..well done... the sky is the limit.:D

I am going to need days to read all the info and posts.

hi Emmy!!

have a great trip, and congrats on your new son in law...

IMO,they need to make the oasis sailings at least 9 nights long, because how are we supposed to experience all the ship has to offer within 7 nights, especially if you go ashore at the port stops:eek:

They did cut out one port day for this exact reason.... :) I agree though, when we do end up booking this ship - it may need to be an alternating B2B. We have never done one of those before and this seems to be the ship to do it. :D

Seriously though - they could make this a 7 day CTN and you would never get bored! :p

Yeah...a B2B is what I'm thinking is best for this one...so I may wait to sail her when she's been out a while then the prices will go down or I may sail once during inaugural season and then plan the B2B later...don't know if I can wait too long once she's out to get onboard...:D

Whew!!! Oasis is AWESOME!!!!

IluvCruisin'

I see you are going to Europe this summer..we were on the Emerald Princess last June, Venice to Barcelona, 5 days pre cuise in Venice, 3 days post in Barcelona..incredible..where are you staying in Venice? We were at Locanda Orseolo, all I can say is WOW!!

I just read on Seatrader that RCI is working closely with the ports on making sure that they are ready for the Oasis.

St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau will all dredge so that the ship will have no problems in docking along with the new pier in St. Maarten.

Cozumel is going to widen the pier to accommodate the Oasis and Labadee is also building a pier and will also build a Alpine Coaster and add fast boat tours.

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=14534

Archived