All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

IMO,they need to make the oasis sailings at least 9 nights long, because how are we supposed to experience all the ship has to offer within 7 nights, especially if you go ashore at the port stops:eek:

of course,a B2B would be the ultimate,but many people,myself included, cannot afford that:o

oh well ,we shall see

dave

7 day cruises make much more sense, financially and scheduling-wise than 9 days. It fits vacationers' schedules better and allows them to carry more passengers over the course of the year. It is the passengers' choice whether or not to get off at ports of call and the fact that the ports have most likely been visited before by most cruisers may make that choice even easier. Besides, the cruiseline would be thrilled if, because you weren't able to experience all that the ship has to offer, you decided to book another cruise on that ship to see the rest of it.:D The addition of a third sea day and the fact that you will dock at each of the ports and not spend time tendering, should give you sufficient time to experience most of what Oasis has to offer, and if not, they are counting on you to book another cruise on her.:)

Now we know about Central Park and Boardwalk...RCI is doing a good job of keeping the public interested. Giving snippets from now to the Inaugural, no doubt. :o

I talked to my TA and she tells me C&A members get the opportunity to book before anyone else. Is that correct? DH & I are hoping to experience Oasis in late March or early April 2010.

We're big fans of DisneyWorld and Las Vegas. Why - because they offer a make-believe environment. We don't go to Disney just because we like Florida, or Las Vegas for the desert. And millions of others do the same. Oasis will provide every fantasy vacation including the basic cruise ship itinerary. :cool:

Meanwhile, this thread will help keep up the enthusiasm...who needs HELP with that??

That information is already weeks old.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Don't say that. You can get yelled at for saying that. :eek: Take it from me. ;)

Actually, yes the info for the inaugural was released on June 18th.

Then in an phone conference with Vicky Freed for TA's, she said that they will allow C&A to book first before Sept 3rd. We just don't know exactly when yet.

Just got word from a little birdie that the Maiden Voyage is set for Dec 12' date=' 2009 and general public reservation date Sept 3, 2008 with C&A early booking date TBA[/b']

That information is already weeks old.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Don't say that. You can get yelled at for saying that. :eek: Take it from me. ;)

Actually, yes the info for the inaugural was released on June 18th.

Then in an phone conference with Vicky Freed for TA's, she said that they will allow C&A to book first before Sept 3rd. We just don't know exactly when yet.

I think that Iluvcruisin's birdie has droopy grey feathers and a combover.

:D

'scuse me y'all..before you get too up on ends...the birdie said to post the info to get everyone excited again as this thread seemed to have gone dead...:p :D...looks like the birdie was right...:cool:post some old info or some miss info and CCers will set you straight :p :D ...thanks for activating the thread....

plus maybe some people don't want to read allll the way back to June 18 or may be they missed it or maybe some of us just needed reminding...

now if she will just tell me what that next neighborhood will be...

This report in from Aker Builder from another site. Please keep in mind that English is not his first language as he lives in Finland but this man has been right on the money thus far with the Oasis and her features. If you look closely at the attached photo, you can see the baby blue hull against the white superstructure of the cabins. Also when he mentions renderings, he is talking about the ones on the Oasisoftheseas.com site.

oasisnewbigpic2.jpg

From Aker Builder

Hello to everyone!Those big holes are indeed only for temporary use while building. We are transporting cabins, pipes etc. into the ship!

Main Dinner Room wil be exactly in same place like Freedo class have Decks 3,4,5 aft of the ship.

Is there gonna be 2,3 or more sittings i'm not shure, but you have to remember Oasis will be significantly wider comparing to Freedom, so it allso gonna contain more seats. So for me its not impossible to have a 2 sittings!

Babyblue is interesting point, i have been waiting when somoene notice that. The ship hull is really painted to babyblue color. On those renderings ship is white but there is everyting white and i think those are made in white to keep in secret future revealings. Allso we use some new secret paint on the bottom of the ship(below water line), it supouset to glide better than old paints are!

Allso we installing some kind of hydraulic lift/lower systems for the funnels.

An interesting thought, but I have always been under the impression that the final paint job was not done until just before the ship moves out of the drydock, so whatever color the hull may be at this time may not be its true color when she sails. I don't believe that a new hull color is among the things yet to be revealed but then again, as long as they don't copy NCL's hull art concept, I can pretty much accept the ship whatever the color of its hull.

At the reveal on June 18th, Richard Fain did mention that the ship would have retractable funnels to allow it to pass under some bridges, so we now have additional confirmation of that fact. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some new construction photos from Royal Caribbean.

Bow area of ship.

17746_28_Oasis_Of_The_Seas.jpg

Promenade level of Rising Tide Bar

17745_23_DK_5_View_to_Vertigo_Bar.jpg

Central Park level of Rising Tide Bar.

17744_29_DK_9_Aft_View_to_Central_p.jpg

More of Central Park. They now have the bridge installed going from one side of the pool deck to the other.

17744_27_DK_9_Fwd_View_to_Central_P.jpg

WOW! Thanks Gordon, It's looking good:D

Carol:)

Carol, These latest pictures really give you the feeling it is taking shape, sure looks big. Good thing I am going on the Independence or I may be in total shock when I see this one. So far the Mariner is the largest ship I have sailed and I will be on her again this Oct. Carol, if you all are bored they have some pretty good rates on that sailing and you all could join me. :p

Other questions.. I dont want a suite.. as it is going to be SKY high for us (there are 6, 4 kids)... I would like a balcony... never had one before! Is there going to be a family OV? Or should be go with a balcony/inside across the hall? Sorry, we wont vacation again until this cruise so plenty of time to save up.. but still need to be practical sailing 2 weeks before Christmas!

Carol, These latest pictures really give you the feeling it is taking shape, sure looks big. Good thing I am going on the Independence or I may be in total shock when I see this one. So far the Mariner is the largest ship I have sailed and I will be on her again this Oct. Carol, if you all are bored they have some pretty good rates on that sailing and you all could join me. :p

Vince, I am going on the Mariner in April:cool: Hay why don't you come:D but I am going to Hawaii in April 2010 check that one out, good price:D

Carol:)

Archived