Hi from the Sun!

LouLou28

Hi everyone! Just a quick checkin!

All going well on-board! A bit windy leaving yesterday ... but has been lovely since. Seas are quite calm today (although my nephew is suffering the effects of sea sickness ... he really should have taken another KWELLS last night before going to bed - he had been fine up till then, although he's coming good now!).

Beautifully sunny day today - with that blue blue sea (you all know what I mean).

Have sen a few other CC's on board .... which has been great!

Off now ... lunch is on!:p

Hey Hey Lou Lou,

Ms Minx and I are sitting here madly trying to type, so that it does not cost us too much. Jo cant get her computer to work ( i think it is a bit of a minxy moment.)

We are all going great. I am not sick yet, which must be a good thing. Have fun everyone. Cause we are.

Cheers,

Kirsten and Ian

Hi again ... just sailing away from Isle of Pines (am sitting on the window sill just outside the Churchill Library doing my emails!)

Noumea yesterday .... was typically Noumea (although I thought it looked better than last time we were there) --- my nephew, however, doesn't think he'll be setting foot on land there again (not terribly impressed)!

Isle of Pines today ... was stunning. Beautifully sunny morning, cool breeze, warm water (you all know what I'm talking about!) ... it was great.

Sea day tomorrow then onto Suva! (Could be interesting for my nephew after Noumea!!!):)

Everything else going well --- full update when we return!

Linda, if your nephew didn't like Noumea, tell him not to bother getting off the ship in Suva:rolleyes: .

Actually, I don't mean that. It's always good to go somewhere you have never been before and decide for yourself.

Karen

Hi again ... just sailing away from Isle of Pines (am sitting on the window sill just outside the Churchill Library doing my emails!)

Noumea yesterday .... was typically Noumea (although I thought it looked better than last time we were there) --- my nephew, however, doesn't think he'll be setting foot on land there again (not terribly impressed)!

Isle of Pines today ... was stunning. Beautifully sunny morning, cool breeze, warm water (you all know what I'm talking about!) ... it was great.

Sea day tomorrow then onto Suva! (Could be interesting for my nephew after Noumea!!!):)

Everything else going well --- full update when we return!

Good to hear from you again Linda.

It is amazing that IOP and Noumea are so close together on the map.

Good to hear from you again Linda.

It is amazing that IOP and Noumea are so close together on the map.

Geoff, that reminds me of when we were on our cruise in November. Suva one day:eek: and Yasawa-I-Rara the next:) & that place was paradise. When we were on the tender going back to the ship I commented to our travellling companions that it seemed unbelievable that Yasawa & Suva were in the same country. They truly are worlds apart.

Karen

Geoff, that reminds me of when we were on our cruise in November. Suva one day:eek: and Yasawa-I-Rara the next:) & that place was paradise. When we were on the tender going back to the ship I commented to our travellling companions that it seemed unbelievable that Yasawa & Suva were in the same country. They truly are worlds apart.

Karen

I guess the same applies here. Inner city streets of a major city compared with a Whitsunday Island. At least we have size to spread them apart a bit.

I guess the same applies here. Inner city streets of a major city compared with a Whitsunday Island. At least we have size to spread them apart a bit.

True. But I must say (and I don't mean to sound biased here) that at least if you cruise into Sydney (especially Circular Quay) it is beautiful from the moment you step off the ship.

Karen

Karen

I agree Karen. On our cruise on Pacfic Star in 2006 we went to Yasawa first and then Suva, and had the same thoughts as you.

Sounds like a wonderful time so far on your cruise. Im getting excited for our family first time cruise by reading your daily news. If you have time I have posted a new thread under "cruisey mum" i would love your tips and suggestions as you are there at the moment on the Sun!! Enjoy your time with your faimily and have a safe journey. Hear from you soon :)

Greetings from SavuSavu!!!

Well I had built myself up for the worst in Suva and was surprised. Admitedly we did a tour and got out of town (Naililili Village ... which was FANTASTIC!!!! Recommended to anyone who goes to Suva - more details on our blog http://patonplace1.blogspot.com/). It was a great tour - and Suva wasn't quite a bad as I had expected.

My husband and brother-in-law returned to shore after we came back and got a free shuttle into the city. They were also suprised they weren't harassed or approached by anyone!

SavuSavu today ... absolutely PARADISE! We didn't get on a tour (were waitlisted for Black Pearl Farm ... only 65 get to go ont he tour - so book early if you're ever here).

Another ship was in port yesterday the locals were telling us - we think it was the ASUKA II (which was in port in Noumea when we were there) - don't know too much about it, but no doubt someone here will have filled me in before I get home!:D

Sea day tomorrow then Vila and Champagne bay before heading home!

My husband announced today that he can't wait until 2009 to do another cruise .... so I'm expecting we'll book something before then! (yippeeeee)

Linda I am loving your blog, thanks for taking the time out to write it up:)

I am off to check Minxy's out now, she has SMS me from Noumea and Suve, sounds like they are having a blast:p ........and a few Minxy moments!!

Chez

xx

Hi Linda,

Who is your waiter?

Angel

Hi Angel

Our waiter is Jimmy ... from India -it's his first contract with P&O having worked quite a bit in Dubai ... He was telling us he was not terribly well for the first night or so (being his first time at sea) - but you wouldn't have know it from how he was during dinner .... still excellent service.

Hi Linda,

We did the Naililili Village tour in November and loved it too. Was George Hicks your tour guide? We had him and he was very informative and funny.

When you book again for 2009, book the W909 Dawn cruise which is 17 days and goes to Savu Savu, Suva and on to Samoa. It is on 20th March. :)

We have heaps of CCers on our roll call already. :p (blatant advertising) ;)

Thanks Jen! Will look into that one!!!!!! (Although we would love to do NZ in 2009!) ... but you just never know do you!

Vila today ... great as usualy! Great reaction from the kids when the rat scurried across the floor in Fung Kwei's!!!!!!!:eek:

Archived