extended balcony ?

cruisebunny40

just looking at my ship deck plans and it looks like cabins 6232 ,6234 and 6281 on the empress deck of the spirit, pride, ledgend and miracle have larger than normal extended balconys. i noticed this on the two deck above also, verandah (7258, 7260, 7303) and panorama (8232, 8234, 8239)

has anyone stayed in these rooms, can you confirm this for me.

thanks in advance

I know there have been a few threads on these cabins. Didn't do a search, so can't point you to them.

What you're referring to aren't the "official" extended balcony. Those have a specific class, depending on the deck. They're about 30% larger than the "regular" balcony.

You're referring to those cabins near the aft that have the "long" balcony, correct?

just looking at my ship deck plans and it looks like cabins 6232 ,6234 and 6281 on the empress deck of the spirit, pride, ledgend and miracle have larger than normal extended balconys. i noticed this on the two deck above also, verandah (7258, 7260, 7303) and panorama (8232, 8234, 8239)

thanks in advance

Yes, all these cabins have bigger balconies, but the ones turned 'sideways' are handicapped cabins so if you book them and then later the cabin is needed for a handicapped person, they can bump you from those cabins.

The cabin we had on the Triumph was wider and longer. I can't remember the cabin #, but is was on the Veranda deck next to the 9A. Quite nice! In fact, so nice that I booked the same on the Valor for our next cruise. Not a handicapped cabin, by the way.

cathyz does that mean that the one cabin in that area that isn't truned sideways is not a handicaped cabin. (hope that makes sence)

don't like that idea of getting bumped to where ever they want to put me. i like to pick my cabin.

Yes, for example 7258 or 6232 which aren't 'sideways' are not handicapped cabins. All the handicapped cabins are sideways to avoid the narrow entranceway in case someone is in a wheelchair.

We stayed in 7258 for our honeymoon. It was not handicapped and did have a spacious balcony. Overall, the room is a normal balcony room that sits by a housekeeping type closet, thus the extended balcony. Overall, very nice though we are trying a 9a for our next cruise!

thanks in advance

We have stayed in Empress 6232 on the Miracle, it does have a much larger balcony than standard and if I remember correctly it is even larger than some of the suite balconies. It is a cabin intended for four, but we only had three. It is not designated handicapped. If you are unable to book that cabin, check into atleast booking one in line with it. You should notice on the deck plans that some of the rooms are set back in to the ship a lil further, those balconies are are deeper,and from experience, it does make a difference. I truely hope whoever ends up with this room has the same cabin steward we did. He is outstanding!!!

Archived