Cabin accomodation

We're sailing on the Navigator of the Seas next year and have a family of four (my hubby, myself, my 6yo son and 3 yo daughter). We're also travelling with a large group that includes my parents. We have rooms on deck 6 and my hubby and I want a large OV cabin but it only accomodates two according to our travel agent. My parents are booking an interior cabin on the same deck that accomodates four. It's kind of weird because the interior cabin is smaller than the large OV but it holds more people. If we book our kids into my parents room would it be a problem if once we got on board the kids stayed with us in our OV cabin? We don't mind sharing the bed together but I wonder if the cabin steward would care if he or she were to realize there were four people in there instead of two :confused:

We're sailing on the Navigator of the Seas next year and have a family of four (my hubby, myself, my 6yo son and 3 yo daughter). We're also travelling with a large group that includes my parents. We have rooms on deck 6 and my hubby and I want a large OV cabin but it only accomodates two according to our travel agent. My parents are booking an interior cabin on the same deck that accomodates four. It's kind of weird because the interior cabin is smaller than the large OV but it holds more people. If we book our kids into my parents room would it be a problem if once we got on board the kids stayed with us in our OV cabin? We don't mind sharing the bed together but I wonder if the cabin steward would care if he or she were to realize there were four people in there instead of two :confused:

If the cabin which you have booked can only hold two, that's because there are only TWO BEDS. Where would your kids sleep????????

edited to add: these are NOT large beds. They are slightly smaller than twins, and when pushed together, make up a bed which is about a queen-size.

If the cabin which you have booked can only hold two, that's because there are only TWO BEDS. Where would your kids sleep????????

edited to add: these are NOT large beds. They are slightly smaller than twins, and when pushed together, make up a bed which is about a queen-size.

We've always shared the two twin beds pushed together on previous cruises with the kids in the middle, even when we had a room that accomodates four.

Once you are onboard, no one CARES who sleeps where! So, just book the child into the grandparent's room, and when you board, take her to your room! No big deal. You don't need permission!

That's what I was thinking initially, but then someone pointed out that the auto tips for four people would go to my parents' cabin steward and ours would get tipped for two. Do you think the cabin stewards would say anything about this?

We've always shared the two twin beds pushed together on previous cruises with the kids in the middle, even when we had a room that accomodates four.

If RC says that it will book them into the grandparents' cabin, and you don't mind the sleeping arrangements, no one is going to care. :)

Don't do the "auto-tip" since the tip won't go to the correct person!

We can get the auto tip for our kids removed from our parents cabin but I've heard on other lines that when this happened the steward got questioned about it by their supervisors. I guess we can always say that our kids were supposed to stay with grandma and grandpa but changed their minds once we got on board.

We can get the auto tip for our kids removed from our parents cabin but I've heard on other lines that when this happened the steward got questioned about it by their supervisors. I guess we can always say that our kids were supposed to stay with grandma and grandpa but changed their minds once we got on board.

You are not required to auto-tip. Many many people tip in cash in person and the computers have nothing to do with it. Just take off the auto-tipping for everyone. Or, just say that you wanted to pay the tips and not have your parents do it. Or just pay back your parents.

Archived