Cabin Category Questions For Constellation

Dave4120

Hello...We ahve cruised RCCL 14 times and are going on Celebrity for the first time this November. I have already booked a CC cabin 9101, but am not sure if we want to switch to a different CC cabin such as the hardly talked about cabins 6135, 6136, 6143, and 6144 that some have said are the best cabins for the money because of there larger room size and huge balconies compared to other CC cabins.

I am not sure if any of these are still available for Nov. but I know 6135 is open for Dec.

My other questions is that in the 2-A category, room 8043 looks big with a larger than normal balcony and in the 2-C category, there are many rooms that look big and bigger balconies such as 7163 and 7166.

The cabin price is not an issue. We are just looking for whatever category that has a good size balcony, besides the Suites. I know you get a few extr perks in the CC class, but we can live without that, IF some of the 2-A and 2-B rooms are similar in size and have the same size or bigger balconies.

Look at the deck charts, it appears that some cabins angle out and that is why some cabins have those larger than normal balconies.

If anyone has experienced any of hte cabin numbers I have listed above, I would love to get your feedback.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Dave

Dave,

Well I have never stayed in cabin 6136 I had friends who did and it's a nice cabin with a huge verenda. They enjoyed breakfast every morning out on the verenda It a cabin that it seems everyone wants. Do a search for the sweet sixteen cabins on this board and you will find the one's which have the bigger verenda's. You will love the Connie and Her crew we will be sailing her again for the third time in October. Hope this helps a little.

Pam

If you can get 6135,36,43,44 I’d go for it. We have had 6143 on 3 of the 4 M-Class ships and 6144 on the other. Cabin 6143 & 6144 are 1’ wider and all of these have about 150’SF balconies with teak decking. The location between the suites and PH means you will likely receive some of the best service.

Dave - I have just completed a cruise on the Connie (Jan. 27 to Feb. 8) in Concierge Cabin 9099 - next door to the one you are considering. Two considerations: Deck 10 overhangs your veranda substantially (at least 12 ft) and thus shuts off good part of the sky above you. Also, since you are immediately below the pool deck you can hear various bangs in the morning (probably from deck chairs being moved around and/or the people fighting over them). In the future we would plan to go at least one deck below. My review of the trip is in the member review section for further info.

Hi Everyone...I want to thank all of you so far, for the fast and informative responses. I am considering going one deck lower than the 9000 numbered cabins after reading the postings.

It would seem that some of those cabins like 6135-36-43 and 44 are the best for the money, if they are open.

I will keep checking to see if anyone knows about the other cabins I mentioned, then make a decision.

Thanks again

Dave4120: We just got off the Connie Feb.18th & were in cabin 7164. We could see a little of the veranda of 7166. It contained 2 chairs & small table same as ours but there may have been a little more room since one side does jut out a little. I don't know if this is any help or not.

We just sailed the Millennium in February in 6143 and a friend of ours was in 6144 (same cabin, other side of ship). Both cabins are larger than regular CC cabins and have huge verandas with two loungers, 2 regular chairs, a large table, and teak decks. We loved the cabins! Probably shouldn't continue to sing the praises of these cabins, want them to be available next time we book!

It's my understanding that 6135 is a connecting cabin with a connecting door which may or may not cause noise issues.

Archived