???s- kid activities, amenities, dress code, etc. on Princess -- Can you please help?

brillohead

This is my fourth cruise, but my first Princess cruise, so I'm posting these questions in the hopes that I can get some real answers from people who have BTDT (been there, done that). We're going to be on the Dawn on 10/24/04 (yes, the last cruise before she limps into drydock -- wish us luck!)

I realize that this list has a WIDE range of subject matter -- please just answer the ones that you have knowledge of, and ignore any that you have no input for. I can hardly expect someone to have first-hand knowledge of ALL of these different items! I really appreciate any help that you can offer!

-------------------------------------------

For once and for all, WHAT IS THE FRIGGIN' DRESS CODE, for both "smart casual" and "formal"?? I've seen ALL KINDS of things posted all over various forums, and I swear they conflict more than they match up!!! I know what things were like on past cruises on different lines, but being new to Princess (and having heard things like "jeans" on some posts and "Princess is more formal than most lines") I really admit to being completely confused right now!

CASUAL: Are jeans totally forbidden in the dining rooms for dinner (assuming a "nice" top, of course -- not a ratty t-shirt!), but OK for breakfast/lunch? Are only "blue-jean-looking-jeans" in this category, or would beige or black jeans (which basically look like "pants" -- not faded, etc.) be acceptable?

Would capri-length pants be acceptable for dinner (not "spandex" type, just regular "Dockers" type pants that are capri length)?

Are shorts/t-shirt acceptable (with shoes, of course!) for breakfast and lunch in regular dining rooms?

Can you do the Horizon Court buffet and/or Pizzeria in a swimsuit and coverup and sandals, or are you restricted to the "grill" right on deck if you're not wearing actual "clothes"?

FORMAL NIGHTS: Would a guy in slacks, dress shirt, tie, and navy blazer be given the Evil Eye on Formal Night?

Do women actually wear the "snazzy" pants (harem pants, flyaway pants, etc.) for formal night, or would I be getting the Catty Eye from a bunch of gussied up women if I wore them?

Is it okay to put regular clothes on after formal night dinner to go to shows/disco/lounge/deck?

Is the room fridge "pre-filled" with stuff they charge you for if you use it, or will it be empty upon arrival? If pre-filled, can we ask them to just remove it all so we can bring our own on board? I was thinking about bringing a case of sodas -- I don't like my kid to drink caffeine or sugar-soda, and so things like Diet Sprite/7-up are preferred but can be hard to find. And I *need* my diet cola fix before leaving the room in the morning.... I don't do coffee! (And from the posts I've read, the coffee really stinks, so I'm better off w/ my diet cola!)

Do we tip the kids club counselors? (either at the beginning OR the end of the cruise) I've seen some people say that you should, and some that don't -- some say that the counselors are well-paid salary-wise, considered the same class employee as a 'ship officer' rather than a room steward or food server, and therefore they aren't the type of employee that would get a tip. I've seen others say that this isn't true and you should tip these people. Can anyone help me out on this one?

How many kids would one expect on the Dawn Princess for a ten-day October sailing? Is my 4yo going to be the only one there, or are there going to be 500 kids, or something more like 50? If I call Princess, would they give me this info?

At the "evening group babysitting" from 10pm-1am, is this a "slumber party" type atmosphere every night? Do the littler kids actually wear their pajamas? (My son is 4yo.) Are some kids up watching a movie while others crash somewhere? (If we brought a pillow and blanket, would our kid be the only one to go crash in a corner somewhere, and would that be acceptable?)

Are there any little-kid activities that you would consider "don't miss" opportunities? I'm guessing our 4yo will probably divide his time about 50/50 between us and the Fun Zone, but if there's anything really special (like meeting the captain, etc.) that I know about ahead of time, I can make sure he's actually participating that day rather than playing in the pool with us.

Does anyone REALLY know how the division of tips works w/ the auto-tipping??? If we give our waiter/steward cash on the side separate from the aut-tipping, do they have to turn it in, or do they only "pool" the money from the autotips?

Does anyone suggest a "down payment" tip of $20 or whatever on that first day when you meet your steward??? Pros/Cons? (Don't want to offend them by having the "down payment" appear to be a bribe, but do want to let them know that we appreciate receiving and like to reward attentive service when we encounter it.)

Are there "rules" for smoking on decks? My son and I *hate* cigarette smoke, and on our last cruise smoking was only allowed on one side of the ship on deck, and NOWHERE inside except for the cigar bar. Hubster, on the other hand, will go out on deck (ALONE!) and smoke a nasty cigar.... are there any rules about where people can/cannot smoke?

Does the Dawn's photo shop have facilities for downloading the pictures off my camera's memory card and burning them onto a CD for $10 each? Can I then double-check the CD right there to make sure it "took" before I erase my memory card? (I've heard of one person who got home to find a blank CD! <gasp>)

Is there a charge for washer/dryer? (I've seen everything mentioned from free washers/dryers to $1/load to $2/load!) What are the best days/times to try to get access (ours will be a 10-day cruise with 4-5 ports, depending on when Grand Cayman is up and running again)?

Anything else I need to know? (I already know about the overdoor shoe organizer pocket thing, power strip, nightlight, post-it notes, highlighters, and air freshener.)

Sorry if this sounds like I'm a control freak -- I just have a tendency to overpack b/c I like to be prepared for any possible event, and if I know AHEAD OF TIME what to expect, then I can leave at least SOME of my stuff at home if I know I won't need it: if I know for sure that I'll be able to find a free washer/dryer easily enough, then I can pack less clothes and just do a load of laundry; if I'm not sure on dress code, I'll pack many different types of clothing just so I'm covered in any event, etc.

Thanks for any help -- these boards are great!

[quote name=brillohead

CASUAL: Are jeans totally forbidden in the dining rooms for dinner (assuming a "nice" top, of course -- not a ratty t-shirt!), but OK for breakfast/lunch? Are only "blue-jean-looking-jeans" in this category, or would beige or black jeans (which basically look like "pants" -- not faded, etc.) be acceptable?

Jeans are not allowed at dinner. Doesn't mean you can't get away with it but not what Princess requests. Breakfast and lunch pretty much anything goes except swim suits.

Would capri-length pants be acceptable for dinner (not "spandex" type, just regular "Dockers" type pants that are capri length)?

Yes

Are shorts/t-shirt acceptable (with shoes, of course!) for breakfast and lunch in regular dining rooms?

Yes

Can you do the Horizon Court buffet and/or Pizzeria in a swimsuit and coverup and sandals, or are you restricted to the "grill" right on deck if you're not wearing actual "clothes"?

A cover up is fine.

FORMAL NIGHTS: Would a guy in slacks, dress shirt, tie, and navy blazer be given the Evil Eye on Formal Night?

No

Do women actually wear the "snazzy" pants (harem pants, flyaway pants, etc.) for formal night, or would I be getting the Catty Eye from a bunch of gussied up women if I wore them?

I'm a guy so I'm not touching that one :)

Is it okay to put regular clothes on after formal night dinner to go to shows/disco/lounge/deck?

Techically no but alot of people do it. I say use your judgement.

Is the room fridge "pre-filled" with stuff they charge you for if you use it, or will it be empty upon arrival? If pre-filled, can we ask them to just remove it all so we can bring our own on board? I was thinking about bringing a case of sodas -- I don't like my kid to drink caffeine or sugar-soda, and so things like Diet Sprite/7-up are preferred but can be hard to find. And I *need* my diet cola fix before leaving the room in the morning.... I don't do coffee! (And from the posts I've read, the coffee really stinks, so I'm better off w/ my diet cola!)

Fridge is empty so bring your diet cola with you ( by the way i'm a diet cola addict also)

Do we tip the kids club counselors? (either at the beginning OR the end of the cruise) I've seen some people say that you should, and some that don't -- some say that the counselors are well-paid salary-wise, considered the same class employee as a 'ship officer' rather than a room steward or food server, and therefore they aren't the type of employee that would get a tip. I've seen others say that this isn't true and you should tip these people. Can anyone help me out on this one?

Good question...I have before but don't know if you should or not. The cruise line doesn't mention it anywhere and they generally do a good job of making sure you know who to tip.

How many kids would one expect on the Dawn Princess for a ten-day October sailing? Is my 4yo going to be the only one there, or are there going to be 500 kids, or something more like 50? If I call Princess, would they give me this info?

Probably won't be alot of kids but should be enough for you child to find a friend or two.

At the "evening group babysitting" from 10pm-1am, is this a "slumber party" type atmosphere every night? Do the littler kids actually wear their pajamas? (My son is 4yo.) Are some kids up watching a movie while others crash somewhere? (If we brought a pillow and blanket, would our kid be the only one to go crash in a corner somewhere, and would that be acceptable?)

Don't know

Are there any little-kid activities that you would consider "don't miss" opportunities? I'm guessing our 4yo will probably divide his time about 50/50 between us and the Fun Zone, but if there's anything really special (like meeting the captain, etc.) that I know about ahead of time, I can make sure he's actually participating that day rather than playing in the pool with us.

nothing I can think of...playing in the pool was always at the top of my kids list.

Does anyone REALLY know how the division of tips works w/ the auto-tipping??? If we give our waiter/steward cash on the side separate from the aut-tipping, do they have to turn it in, or do they only "pool" the money from the autotips?

If you leave auto-tip on and give them cash in addition they get to keep it.

Does anyone suggest a "down payment" tip of $20 or whatever on that first day when you meet your steward??? Pros/Cons? (Don't want to offend them by having the "down payment" appear to be a bribe, but do want to let them know that we appreciate receiving and like to reward attentive service when we encounter it.)

I've never done it but haev considered it. Couldn't hurt I guess.

Are there "rules" for smoking on decks? My son and I *hate* cigarette smoke, and on our last cruise smoking was only allowed on one side of the ship on deck, and NOWHERE inside except for the cigar bar. Hubster, on the other hand, will go out on deck (ALONE!) and smoke a nasty cigar.... are there any rules about where people can/cannot smoke?

Regardless of rules rude people ignore them and smoke anywhere. I recall on the last cruise a person lighting up in a clearly marked no- smoking lounge then complaining because thee was no ashtray!!

Does the Dawn's photo shop have facilities for downloading the pictures off my camera's memory card and burning them onto a CD for $10 each? Can I then double-check the CD right there to make sure it "took" before I erase my memory card? (I've heard of one person who got home to find a blank CD! <gasp>)

Not positive but they should, might be more than $10 though. I just bought a second memory card so I don't have to worry about it.

Is there a charge for washer/dryer? (I've seen everything mentioned from free washers/dryers to $1/load to $2/load!) What are the best days/times to try to get access (ours will be a 10-day cruise with 4-5 ports, depending on when Grand Cayman is up and running again)?

I think the washers/dryers are free but they do charge if you need to buy soap.

Anything else I need to know? (I already know about the overdoor shoe organizer pocket thing, power strip, nightlight, post-it notes, highlighters, and air freshener.)

14 cruises and never brought any of them.

These are my opinions....and hopefully you'll find helpful. I really hope this doesn't turn into a jeans in the dining room free for all.

Scott

Fortunately you're not asking for a LOT of information, LOL.

On the subject of dress codes, breakfast and lunch are casual. Swimsuits without cover ups are not permitted (yes, some get away with that in Horizon Court, let's not start that debate) in the dining room, but shorts and reasonable daytime vacation wear are not a problem. Shoes must be worn.

Smart-casual nights are pretty easy. Basically anything that would not be considered jeans are appropriate. I'm not sure about the grey/black issue.

Your husband will be all right on formal nights. A dark suit would be more appropriate and takes no more space than jacket/slacks. You won't get the evil eye if you're making an effort to dress within the spirit of the evening. I think women have much more latitude because they can accessorize, but I won't pretend to predict what reactions different styles of dress might engender from the fair sex. ;)

You typically see fewer children on longer cruises. The usual advice to those who wish to avoid large numbers of children is to book longer cruises that avoid traditional school vacation periods.

You are going to be sailing on a ship that might have a somewhat different passenger mix and "feel" compared to the 7-day mega-ship cruises in the Caribbean. The comments you read about the Caribbean Princess and other Grand-class ships with respect to the questions you've raised might not be absolutely spot-on when considering a Sun-class ship. Your mileage may vary.

Have fun, and enjoy your cruise. One nice thing about Princess is that they do their best to appeal to a broad range of interests and tastes, so it is very easy to fit in.

I mildly gussie, and I think flyaways would look wonderful. :) As for tipping at the fun zone, I would wait till the end of the week. If your son has a great time and loves it, I would. His cruise expierience would be as important as mine. The 10-1 a.m. time slot is quiet time. Movies are on, and they have mats for sleeping. Jammies are appropriate. If they have a favorite stuffy he may be more comfortable. Have a wonderful cruise!! :)

[quote name=brillohead

I realize that this list has a WIDE range of subject matter -- please just answer the ones that you have knowledge of, and ignore any that you have no input for. I can hardly expect someone to have first-hand knowledge of ALL of these different items! I really appreciate any help that you can offer!

For once and for all, WHAT IS THE FRIGGIN' DRESS CODE, for both "smart casual" and "formal"?? I've seen ALL KINDS of things posted all over various forums, and I swear they conflict more than they match up!!! I know what things were like on past cruises on different lines, but being new to Princess (and having heard things like "jeans" on some posts and "Princess is more formal than most lines") I really admit to being completely confused right now!

Smart casual is sometimes called country club casual...dockers and polo shirts for men, skirts/sundresses or capris with blouse for women are all acceptable

Yes.. jeans of any sort are requested to not be worn in the dining room for dinner.

Absolutely...I wear them all the time with dressy sandals..not flip flops.

Can't help on this one.

Horizon Court is fine with a swim suit coverup. But please..don't wear the coverup that has a full size picture of a lady in a thong bikini on front and back....tacky tacky tacky :D

I've seen men in blue blazers, I don't think they'd be given the evil eye, but the majority will be in dark suits, if not tuxedos.

Should be no problem..have seen some lovely harem pant outfits.

We do, but we put on dressier clothes than normal...I wear a skirt/blouse and flat sandals vs my heels.

Empty, unless you're in a mini of full suite.

Can't help on this one.

Longer duration cruises during the school year tend to have much fewer kids.

Can't help.

Ditto.

They don't have to turn it in if you leave the auto tip on.

We have done it in the past..with an explanation saying that we apologize in advance if we're too demanding....oh, and...please keep the ice bucket full at all times!

Yes...port side of the ship only, not sure if that's standard on all ships. Some will follow, some will not. Don't be afraid to make mention if someone is smoking in a no smoke area. Sometimes the smokers are unaware that they are in a no smoke area..and will gladly move if reminded. Have seen many more courteous (than non courteous smokers) on Princess.

Man, would I be PO'd.

Yes..there is a charge, bring a roll of quarters. We always bring our own powdered detergent and leave any leftovers for our cabin steward.

I'm fine with the Princess soap, shampoo and lotion..never bother to pack my own as it takes up so much room (and weight!

Sorry if this sounds like I'm a control freak -- I just have a tendency to overpack b/c I like to be prepared for any possible event, and if I know AHEAD OF TIME what to expect, then I can leave at least SOME of my stuff at home if I know I won't need it: if I know for sure that I'll be able to find a free washer/dryer easily enough, then I can pack less clothes and just do a load of laundry; if I'm not sure on dress code, I'll pack many different types of clothing just so I'm covered in any event, etc.

Sea days are the worst time to do laundry...try it around the early dining times on formal nights.

This is a great post that I think tons of folks will find useful.

Thanks for all your questions

We are leaving on the 10-day Sapphire Princess Mexican Riviera cruise on October 2nd. My sister called Princess yesterday and they told her that there will be 50 kids onboard. They even told her that there will be 18 teenagers (she was concerned that there wouldn't be enough for her 15 year old son to make friends) and the rest younger kids. Since you are also going on a 10-day cruise in October, I would guess yours would be about the same, however, if you call Princess they will tell you specifically for your sailing how many there are.

I am so glad that I posted these questions, and I hope to get more input from others as well -- it's so nice to hear from people who have actually been there! :)

Some stuff I *think* I know, but then I'm just not sure, ya know? Like the jeans-at-dinner thing.... I was POSITIVE that that was a no-no, but then I saw someone else mention wearing jeans at dinner, and so then I start wondering.... since I've never been on Princess, and since I know that NCL has their whole "Freestyle" thing going.... maybe Princess relaxed the rules or something? It's nice to have confirmation that the rule-book is right and the message I saw was wrong! (and thanks for NOT turning it into a "jeans flame" too... I saw that other thread this morning, before I saw the responses in this thread, and I thought "oh,no! :eek: I hope my thread doesn't get all caught up in this -- it was just a simple question, not a value judgment!"... I was so glad to see that my worries were for nothing, as everyone took my questions at face value: the desperate pleas of a confused new-to-Princess cruiser! ;) )

Thanks again to those who have answered.... it's nice to know that my husband CAN wear a dark blazer w/ dark pants, dress shirt, and tie w/o being subjected to social ostracism, and that capri pants are acceptable "resort casual"...... and that my child can take his Blankey-Bear to the Fun Zone at night and sleep while we boogie-down in the disco..... and I really CAN do a load of laundry (as long as I remember my quarters!), etc. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I was on the Dawn less than a year ago and the washers/dryers were free, that's the only Princess ship I've found that to be the case. Maybe it's changed.

As far as indoor smoking, there is no smoking in any dining room, but most lounges have a smoking and non-smoking section. The casino is totally smoking. If I'm not mistaken, there is a cigar bar for DH as well.

The washers and dryers are FREE on the Dawn and Sun Princess. I was on the Dawn this summer and used it a few times. You will either need to purchase soap or bring your own (tablets are great).

As far as digital cards, downloading to a CD - this info was correct as of June of this year (a friend emailed me asking while I was on the ship and I emailed them back):

To open a digital account - it is $19.95. You can keep this account open all

week and staff will unload your pictures for you. To burn a CD up to 600 MB -it is $14.95. For a CD up to 256 MB - it is $9.95. To make any digital copies - 4x6" prints are .35/each.

I have never pre-tipped a room steward and I have always received great service. I don't think the pre-tip is necessary unless you are asking for something above and beyond.

The refrigerator will contain an ice container and that is it. Otherwise, it is empty.

Thanks for the digi-pic downloading info.... I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a device to d/l my own pictures or not, and I'm really torn.

I can get one that will let me also record off TV (so I can bring a few movies that my son can watch on the plane, etc.) in addition to recording MP3 music plus being able to d/l my digital pics off my camera card, but it of course will set me back a chunk of change. I know the price will drop drastically in the next year (it always does w/ new technology) or two, so it's a question of whether it would cost more to do the download thing on the ship than I would save in reduced purchase costs by waiting to buy the device....

Just buying more memory cards isn't going to be economical enough -- I've already got 2 cards of 256MB each, and b/c my camera takes high-res pictures, I can easily fill both cards in a few days. So if I end up having to pay for 5 CD's plus the account, that's almost $100 right there..... Hmmm, now to try to "second guess" the electronics industry to see how much these prices will drop in the next year or two -- where's my crystal ball when I need it??? ;)

Thanks for the info... anyone know why the Dawn's washers and dryers are free, but you have to pay on other ships? Is it just b/c the Dawn is almost 10 years old? Weird!

Tipping is not required or expected. However, if there is someone who consistently looks out for or pays special attention to your child a $10 or $20 gratutiy is good form. The counselors in the kids club are generally above the level of the stewards/waiters. You can tell because you will see they ahve access ot the horizon court when not working, although I don't think they can eat in the main DR. The counselors are generally long term on ship, but are suplemented during busy times with retired school teachers, nurses etc. I thought the program was pretty good. Only issue can be the age ranges can be wide. This can be a problem if your kid is at the very oldest range of a group.

Also there is one kids party where they get to meet the "Captain" or some fcsimile. In our sons cas eit was the staff captain, but they don't care. They had music and games and got their pictures taken with him. As a general note, the evening activities are better than the days, but it can vary.

Thanks for the info... anyone know why the Dawn's washers and dryers are free, but you have to pay on other ships? Is it just b/c the Dawn is almost 10 years old? Weird!

[/color]

Yes - the Sun class ships (Dawn and Sun) has free laundry probably because they are older then the Grand, Golden, Star, Coral, Island, Coral, Diamond and Sapphire.

I did laundry on them on my B2B cruise in May.

I ran into photo issues on my B2B cruise - I had plenty of compact flash cards but at the last minute - I decided to switch cameras and purchased one with SD. I ended up purchasing (4) 256 cards and then still brought my laptop with me (I take a lot of pics in Alaska) to download photos.

Brillohead:

I'm the one that wrote Coral about the picture thing. Was so glad she was on the ship at the time and could tell us the price of downloading pictures on the ship. We were going to the Baltic in July and couldn't decide what to do also about this. Husband has been looking at one of the download things also that you referred to, but as of now they are so expensive. We are hoping that in the next year or so they will come down in price. We want one that has a window on it so we can see that the pictures actually are there. Ended up taking our laptop to Europe with us just to download all the cards. We came home with well over 1,000 pictures and that would have been pretty expensive to do on the ship with their services. Loaded several CD's with pictures.

Our daughter, in the past, has gone to the kids program and totally enjoyed it. The first cruise I never even thought about tippimg the staff. There are so many of them that I just wouldn't have known who to tip. Since then, if she went a lot I did put a tip in an envelope and gave it to a staff member hoping it would be divided around. A couple of cruises she didn't go much, so I didn't tip. Don't think it is one area where they really get tipped too often. This is difficult because there isn't just one person with your child like basically one person cleaning your room. Hope yours has a good a time as mine used to in the kids programs. Princess usually does a really good job here.

Hulagirl

we just cruised on princess i cant answer about the kids stuff ours were at my

sisters but to some of the others the dress code they did not like jeans in the dining rooms but the capris were ok i seen a lot of ladies with those on and the formal nights i wore a shirt tie and slacks no jacket so did others mostly were

in tuxedos and suits but they didnt frown on it.the photo gallery was great for downloading pics i dont know the price cause we brought our own laptop on.

the kids that were on really semed to be enjoying themselves so i would guess that your son would too.

as for the smoking no where in the ship could you only in the cigar bar

but on the outside it seemed as if that is where everyone went.

overall i seen a lot of complaining but we went on with 6 other people and we had a ball everyday.we only went to 2 ports because of the storm but the ship activities kept us busy and having a great time.

to princess i give an a plus

hope you enjoy the cruise

Also, re the late night stuff 10-1. Mostly the kids watch movies and relax. They had, on grand, a little ampitheater like area with cushions. Some of the kids passed out there or on the floor below. There were a few in the other room sleeping on the floor. Its definitely ok to pu them in PJs, but if they go to the earlier session (7-10) they may be doing activities that pjs don't work for.

What itinerary are you doing?

Hey Brillo,

What's the matter you don't want to put these on our board, Oh well here goes. Sorry about the kids stuff, I just don't go there.

A. Casual is just that slacks and a top. Formal women wear something fancy, doesn't have to be a dress or gown, men in jacket and tie or something similar

A. Have seen jeans in dining room frequently just a dress type of jeans not some old ratty pair from work.

A. Have seen them frequenrtly often also

A. Dining room for breakfast or lunch will allow shorts and men's shirts have to have a sleeve not sleeveless, women must have some type of a top not bathing suit.

A.Horizon in swimsuit and cover up is fine but it can get a little dicey in Pizzaria since it is sit down in the atrium. BTW all say no to wet bathing suits.

A. Sure no problem

A. have seen all kinds of outfits on formal nights. Basically if it makes you feel dressed up do it.

A. lots of people do this if it's what you like go for it.

A. Wife drinks coffee and she has found it acceptable as for the fridge the only thing they put inside is the ice bucket, the rest is up to you.

A. Got no kids can't help you, that's why I'm traveling now, less kids.

A. I'm hoping less than 150.

A. same ans. as two above

A. Same Ans. as above

A. The suggested tips are what your waiters and stewards are expected to contribute to the pool for all of the ship, If you want them to have something special you can give it to them personally, they still leave out envelopes at purser's desk. BTW if yoy cancel your auto tip and tip your staff they are still expected to contribute the auto tip amount.

A. I always tell my steward what I want when we first meet, then if all is done the next day give him a tip. If everything goes smooth he'll get another at the end, this is in addition to aut tip. Waiters will get a tip if I ask for something special or if we wind up staying at a particular station. Again in addition to auto tip.

A, no smoking in any of the dining areas or the showrooms, cigars only outside and at the cigar bars. Some of the bars are smoking some are not depends on the ship. Usually the starboard side of the ship allows smoking outside and around the pool, but that can also change at the whim of the captain.

A. They have a program where for a fee they'll downlaod everyday onto a hard drive and then you'll get a disc at the end of the cruise with all of your pictures on it. They have plenty of storage since all of their photos are done digitally. Usually around $20 for the entire cruise of $10 a day.

A. Yes usually around a dollar in quarters for each and they also sell soap.

A. looks like you've got most of it covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Debbi-

My "formal" wear will involve panel/fly-away pants for both outfits (different tops), so we will brave the glares together if there are any! We'll be just FINE!

See ya' soon!

Maxine

Hi Brillohead,

My then 6 YO was on the Dawn (on a 7 day) last November, there were about 15 kids in the pelican group, he had a great time. He was on the Golden this April (He's now 7), it was during school vacation. There were about 150 Pelicans, they were staffed with the same number & had the same amount of supplies & give-aways (Backpacks, toys, watches, etc.), needless to say it was kind of a letdown for him; he was spoiled with all the attention on the Dawn & previous cruises. He spent most of his time in the pool. Have a great trip!

Harvey

Archived