discriminate by looks?

dec2007w3boys

Did anyone else get into the show Airline - that followed Southwest's staff through their days at work. I always loved that show. Yes, they many times would deny boarding to "drunk" people. They once even had to deal with someone with a body odor issue. Never once though did they act rude to "beautiful people" If the girls were being obnoxious, I applaud southwest for putting them in their place. I just hope the 15 minutes of fame is all they get out of it.

The girls just got 15 more minutes of fame on our local news. Now the girls story is something about they asked for a bottle of water the steward told them they would get it after they served everyone else and then they never got it is why they were acting up. That it was SWs fault for not serving them, they think because they were young and so the steward didnt bother with them.

The News folks are just being extremely kind in their reference to the girls being beauties.

Attached is their mug-shot taken by security...

Hey....that was an insult to the DOGS!!!! :eek:

These dogs were way prettier!!!! :)

Those "children" ( trying to pass themselves off as young ladies) are all fluff and NO STUFF!!

funny story. Wasn't it southwest airlines who denied boarding to a female passenger who was dressed scantely?

Yeah she was dressed kinda sleezy, but not what I would call revealing to the point of offensive.

She was on the Dr. Phil show saying all that she wanted was an apology from Southwest, which she got in writing, along with a bunch of free airfare, she clammed up and her lawyer stopped he from making further comments, and Dr. Phil said, "you have your apology" she said that it wasn't enough, Dr. Phil says "well it looks like you are now just looking for a payday"

These people make me sick, call the media, and make a stink, try to make money off the situation.

MAC

Did anyone else get into the show Airline - that followed Southwest's staff through their days at work. I always loved that show. Yes, they many times would deny boarding to "drunk" people. They once even had to deal with someone with a body odor issue. Never once though did they act rude to "beautiful people" If the girls were being obnoxious, I applaud southwest for putting them in their place. I just hope the 15 minutes of fame is all they get out of it.

I loved that show! Whatever happened to it? That show made me appreciate that I have a job where I don't have to deal with the public! I admired them for keeping their cool with people yelling, cussing, and throwing fits like a big baby. ;)

on my upcoming cruise next week,

my airline conformation # (i wont reveal the airline) was a a very offensive word to people of african origin

it started with -N

i called them to have it changed imediately as I didn't want to have an awkward situation when I checked in...

I never even recieved a phone call back.

It was eventually changed, as I did recieve an email later on "apologizing" for it...

I put the word apologizing in " " because they said that it is a randomly generated #.

now , what are the odds of a so called random grouping of #'s and letters to spell any word, let alone a word so offensive?

I 'm sure I could have made a huge deal about it, but thats just not my style.(i did find it very offensive, having a very large , racially mixed family)..what did piss me off is the airlines firm stance on that it is a random configuration....

what do you guys think about it? do you really think that it was random? and don't you think someone should have contacted me to officially apologize/explain themselves?

I loved that show! Whatever happened to it? That show made me appreciate that I have a job where I don't have to deal with the public! I admired them for keeping their cool with people yelling, cussing, and throwing fits like a big baby. ;)

I had to look - it was on A&E and was cancelled at the end of 2005. Bummer - I remember looking forward to it on Monday nights. What a life I lead.... ;)

I had to look - it was on A&E and was cancelled at the end of 2005. Bummer - I remember looking forward to it on Monday nights. What a life I lead.... ;)

I loved that show too. Did you see Airline UK, holy cow those British women took no crap from anyone, they were a trip!

MAC

on my upcoming cruise next week,

my airline conformation # (i wont reveal the airline) was a a very offensive word to people of african origin

it started with -N

i called them to have it changed imediately as I didn't want to have an awkward situation when I checked in...

I never even recieved a phone call back.

It was eventually changed, as I did recieve an email later on "apologizing" for it...

I put the word apologizing in " " because they said that it is a randomly generated #.

now , what are the odds of a so called random grouping of #'s and letters to spell any word, let alone a word so offensive?

I 'm sure I could have made a huge deal about it, but thats just not my style...what did piss me off is the airlines firm stance on that it is a random configuration....

what do you guys think about it? do you really think that it was random? and don't you think someone should have contacted me to officially apologize/explain themselves?

That's pretty amazing. I thought all of those confirmation numbers actually had numbers in them?:confused: So if your confirmation number was actually a word (a totally offensive word to boot), that makes me wonder if someone hacked their system.

Bizarre to say the least.

That's pretty amazing. I thought all of those confirmation numbers actually had numbers in them?:confused: So if your confirmation number was actually a word (a totally offensive word to boot), that makes me wonder if someone hacked their system.

Bizarre to say the least.

right? thats what I thought.. the odds are so against it... thats what bothered me so much... that, and not even having the decency to call me..

its a shame because I love the airline

I loved that show too. Did you see Airline UK, holy cow those British women took no crap from anyone, they were a trip!

MAC

Yes, I watched that one too. I can't believe how you forget about shows you once watched. I'm sure Carnival could have a show just a good - with all the people and situations they deal with.

The show is still on the air. But in repeats. I have been recording it.. Its great.. Being someone that is a private pilot its kind of funny when people get upset on why they can't fly because of bad weather.. And don't realize it could be bad weather along there route and not the area they are taking off from. :rolleyes: Plus I live in a neighborhood with retired airline pilots.. And my husband son in now a pilot hopping to fly for Southwest.

I didn't hear about the 2 girls getting kick off but I say more power to Southwest.. I have never been kick off an airline... But I guess I'm not pretty enough :eek:

The worst part of this whole thing is the girls are contributing to a serious social problem.

Eventually it will become virtually impossible to sue for discrimination, as it is way overused as an excuse for bad behavior. No, you were not kicked off because you are (too pretty, black, in a wheelchair, short, gay etc.) but because you don't know how to behave in public!

I suppose that prodigious amounts of make-up will make anybody look pretty good. Even these two skanks.

I was kinda thinking the same thing myself.

Those two make you want to chew your own arm off so you don't wake them up trying to get out of bed.:cool:

Get over it.

It likely was random. As in I was playing poker the other day. There were 2 Straight Flushes in the same hand. One a Royal Flush the other a Ten High. The odds of a Royal are 650,000 to 1. The odds of a Royal and a Ten high??????????????? Who knows?:eek: But it Happened!

As for an apology, You got an email "apologizing". What did you want FREE tickets too like the "Dr. Phil Girl"?

I say get over it! JMO

Archived