All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I have a dumb question!! Does anyone know if there's an electrical outlet in the bathroom? I bought nightlight/air fresheners (with an extra outlet) for each of our cabins and wanted to make sure I can use them. For some reason, I thought I remembered that I couldn't plug them in on Explorer; but I don't remember why. Maybe something about the polarized plug and not being enough room. They might have been a different kind and for some reason didn't fit. Who knows! Any help for my obcessing would be great! :D

Don't beleive there are any regular outlets in heads...but a special plug for electric razors

We're staying in 1406 in September! I've been researching aft cabins and came up with these pictures.

"]http://http://www.webshots.com/search?query=liberty+of+the+seas&new=1&source=search_results_top

Go to the bottom of the second page. They are of cabin 1706, but it is right next door to 1406.

Thank you SeaMagic!!! You will be sailing before you know it! Let us know how you enjoyed the aft suite!!! I see it has a connecting door to a balcony next door, and would love to know if you have any problems hearing your neighbors...Thanks so much!!

We are sailing on the Liberty in November (Thanksgiving week). We are really hoping the kids can enjoy the flowrider and H2O Zone. Has anyone tried this in the fall? I have read that the pools are cold in January...how about November? I just want to prepare my kids if it going to be cool. We are from Houston so used to warm weather :) Thanks!

Hello everyone,

My son and I are booked on LOS for June 20, 2009 - it will be our first cruise and I am super excited. I've learned so much from CC in the past couple of weeks.:o

Congrats on your first cruise booking - hope you have a great time. :D

We are sailing on the Liberty in November (Thanksgiving week). We are really hoping the kids can enjoy the flowrider and H2O Zone. Has anyone tried this in the fall? I have read that the pools are cold in January...how about November? I just want to prepare my kids if it going to be cool. We are from Houston so used to warm weather :) Thanks!

You will be in the Caribbean. It's warm all year round.

You will be in the Caribbean. It's warm all year round.

Not completely true. It can definitely be cool enough in the Caribbean to be in the pool in the fall. IMO, that's what the hot tub is for! You just have to play it by ear - I guess prepare them that it might happen, but that there are certainly enough other things to do to have fun!

FWIW - here are my photos from out LOS sail last November. Includes a lot of photos of menus and drink lists:

http://family.webshots.com/album/561398369GIkiGp?vhost=family

We sailed the Mariner the week before Christmas last year. It was HOT on the islands that we visited (Western). We found the water in the pools a little cold to swim in but we laid by the pool a couple of times. Keep in mind that I am from Florida though, so what I think is cold depends!

We are leaving on LOS Eastern itinerary in 22 days!!!! YEAHH!!!! I've been reading about the Quest game - can anyone tell me where we need to go to either watch or become participants in this game? Also, is anyone else on the August 30th sailing?

tuflife - I am on your sailing! Can't wait! :D

Hi all! My mom and I are taking a cruise aboard Liberty this year (my first cruise ever) and we're very excited. Has anyone cruised on Liberty over Christmas before? What kind of holiday stuff do they have? Does the menu change for this cruise at all? Thanks!

Keggy and Tuflife42 - We are also on the August 30 sailing. We were on this ship in April - 12 and 29 sailings. It was a great ship. Captain Charles should be back in time for our cuise. We are really anxious for this cruise. Did you sign up for the Meet and Mingle? Any questions we can answer?

Bev

I tried to post a review of my experience of LOS at the end of July but cruise critic did not publish it. So I hope this gets posted for everyone to learn and enjoy.

Wife and I (early 30’s) thought it would be a great idea to take a baby-moon. 7 relaxing days at sea with nothing to do but watch our stomachs expand (hers more than mine). Oh, and it was.

Now this review is about the cruise but you will find that my biggest complaint is the passengers and since you (the passengers) read these reviews I thought it becoming to add some helpful hints along the way. I put a (*) where passengers should take notes.

Getting to the ship was a breeze. Got off the plane in Fort Lauderdale and was met by RCI staff at baggage claim. They even knew our names! What sweet people. They let us know what to expect the whole way and before we knew it we were on a bus headed to the ship.

Embarkation

At the ships terminal there were 3 lines. First security, then boarding passes; then all passengers stopping when before stepping foot on the ship. Guess which one was the longest? *When you arrive at the terminal there will be many RCI employees asking you to pull out your documentation. They will even show you what it looks like prior to submitting it. Please listen to them. They have a very efficient system but you have to follow some simple directions for it to work. *Also, when you are moving in a line of a thousand people stopping to take a look at your new home for 7 days tends to back things up. Simply look behind you and move to the side prior to stopping for photos of things you’ll see for 7 more days.

The Ship

We were on board by 2pm and everything was amazing. Our cabin (balcony, slightly forward on starboard side) was very roomy. Although you tall ladies good luck shaving in the time capsule called a shower.

Our first day was at sea which was needed to find your way around this floating city. The facilities are incredible. The gym was well equipped but full the first 2 days. Kind of like people start a gym routine in Jan. and by Feb. there all gone but on a shorter scale. *If you don’t get out for a run prior to 8am use deck 4. You can run without the obstacle course of sunbathers.

Oh speaking of sunbathers or rather all of the towels that enjoy the tropical sun while their owners are off doing something else (aka chair hogs). The wife and I developed a new game. If we see chairs that have been “saved” for more than two hours we take the towels, return them for fresh ones and keep them as souvenirs. It turns out to be a $20 fine for chair hogging and we get new linens for or policing efforts. *Don’t chair hog or if you do; be prepared to fork over a $20 fine.

Some of the highlights of the ship during my trip were the 10pm – midnight rock climbing and flow rider night and the 70’s street party. The music was great and during the street party some 70yo grandmother started flashing from her promenade window. The whole crowd down below went crazy. And that is what vacation is all about, letting loose and having fun.

Dinner

We ate in the main dining room 2nd seating which means we ate at the windjammer for our first dinner. Unfortunately, I have to say that some dinners were nothing short of disastrous. Most of it was no fault of the staff except trying to please every request by every guest. Our dinners lasted for two and a half hours and two of the nights it ran so late they didn’t even give us the dessert menu (not that we were starving). The tables around us were very demanding of the staff’s time. One lady even made the waiter cut up her salad for her! What’s next, chewing it for the passengers? Now I do have to say we also made special requests as vegetarians and the staff was very accommodating. They even provided us alternatives each night that were not listed on the menu.

Ports

San Juan was a fun few hours for us. We walked around OSJ and the Del Morro Promenade. We found some nice parks and even challenged some locals to dominos (I think my guy cheated though). Some of the local artisans are very impressive. *There is a Walgreen’s in OSJ that has any personal items you may have forgotten at a fraction of the cost on the ship.

St Martin was quite relaxing as well. A $6 water taxi takes you to the town pier where electronics shopping is all around you. We bought a camera which saved us $50 from US prices. We also found Bamboo Bernie’s along the boardwalk. Unfortunately the name will change in Nov. but they make the best mango smoothie I have ever set my lips on.

Labadee was a wonderful beach day. I’m not one for just laying on a chair so we walked around the little peninsula and visited each inlet and cove for a quick swim when it got hot. Despite what others have written about the market; it is fun if you have a sense of humor. *Whatever the price they say you can always talk them down to ¼ of their first price. If you liked the way they tried to sell you something give them a little extra. Oh and the Labadoosie is by far the best bang for your buck of any of the drinks.

Overall we had a wonderful baby-moon. The staff tries to please every guest no matter how ridiculous their request and they should be applauded for their attempts. Lastly, I would like to thank our new friends Andy & Amanda for giving us important pointers on “balcony club” etiquette. You guys rock.

Yes you can walk. When you get off the ship take a left into Old San Juan. You will come across a tourist office just past some horse and buggy rides. They will give you a map and circle the Walgreen's for you. Its about 4 block north of there up Tanca. Hope this helps and enjoy every moment.

Keggy and Tuflife42 - We are also on the August 30 sailing. We were on this ship in April - 12 and 29 sailings. It was a great ship. Captain Charles should be back in time for our cuise. We are really anxious for this cruise. Did you sign up for the Meet and Mingle? Any questions we can answer?

Bev

Hi Bev! We are signed up for the meet and mingle and the roll call! Can't wait!!!

Thank you!

Kelly

We are sailing her in a few months, and I cant wait!

Question, does anyone know how much the private or semi private time on the flow rider is?

And how early can you get on her usually?

And how early can you get off her in Labadee?

And are there any secrets to getting off in Labadee early because of the tenders?

Question, does anyone know how much the private or semi private time on the flow rider is?

And how early can you get off her in Labadee?

And are there any secrets to getting off in Labadee early because of the tenders?

Private time on the flowrider is $300, I believe.

We had massages on Labadee at 9am, and there were people who had gone ahead of us, so you must be able to get off pretty early. Actually getting off in a timely fashion isn't an issue at that hour - at 8:30, we practically had the place to ourselves.