All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Recently found out that St. Martin has a Holiday on 11/11 when our cruise will be in port. Since I won't be able to shop for jewelry there does anyone know how the jewelry at the stores on board is? Selection, value, etc. When I sailed on Carnival Legend last year they had a nice selection and a 1 year return policy or exchange.

It seems impossible to find a picture of the

setup of a balcony cabin when it's laid out

for a family of 4. Anyone know where I

can find a picture on the web? The artist

rendering only shows 1 queen 1 sofa

Thanks!!

Dave

Here is a pic I found on webshots. It isn't my family. The sofa just slides a bit to make room for two. This looks like a D1 cabin with a balcony and a sofa bed. Some cabins don't have the sofa bed and the beds come out of the ceiling. You can get the idea though. Click the link.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2460044160101240655xjNrsu

It seems impossible to find a picture of the

setup of a balcony cabin when it's laid out

for a family of 4. Anyone know where I

can find a picture on the web? The artist

rendering only shows 1 queen 1 sofa

Thanks!!

Dave

I don't have a picture - but I can tell you that we were on the Liberty in June and the beds for the 3rd and 4th passengers come out of the ceiling. During the day, they are hidden and completely flush with the ceiling level, so you can't even really tell they are there. Your cabin attendant will pull the beds down in the evenings.

Does that make sense? Hopefully I described them correctly.:) I might be able to find a picture.....

Does the LOS still do a Murder Mystery Dinner one night of the cruise? How about the Liberty Code?

Thanks!

T.J.

They must have it on some cruises. When I try to book it for my upcoming Liberty cruise it says it is unavailable at this time. Please check on the ship. So I'm not sure. Maybe you can't prebook it. But this is what the website says about it when I'm trying to book. I'm sure someone can answer if they for sure have it or not.

Menu

Dinner will include a full 4-course meal featuring Portofino's most popular items. Portofino proudly features Seattle's Best Coffee Fresh Roasted Blends and Specialty Beverages, served at current bar menu prices.

Where You'll Find It

Portofino Mystery Dinner Theater is featured on our Radiance class ships, Voyager class ships, and Freedom class ships. Not available on all sail dates.

Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire in Portofino - jackets for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant. This includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women.

Serving

Dinner: Hours vary by ship.

Reservations

All guests over the age of 13 are welcome to attend and reservations are required for this event; please allow three hours for dining. To make a reservation, use the main menu screen on the TV* in your stateroom or call the restaurant directly. Telephone numbers can be found in your stateroom. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged a minimum of $10 USD.

*Interactive TV not available on all ships.

Costs

A nominal fee ranging from $39.99 - $49.95 USD applies per dining guest, including gratuities and select wines. Specialty beverages, beer, and soda are offered at current bar menu prices.

Thanks..I'm new to this. All the help/advice I can get is very helpful! Do you know if they allow 2 liter bottles of pop in checked baggage during embarment? Thanks!

Yes you can - go check my answer to your question on the other thread about alcohol. And keep those questions coming! Everyone here on CC, and specifically those who have been on Liberty, LOVE to help with questions!;)

I don't have a picture - but I can tell you that we were on the Liberty in June and the beds for the 3rd and 4th passengers come out of the ceiling. During the day, they are hidden and completely flush with the ceiling level, so you can't even really tell they are there. Your cabin attendant will pull the beds down in the evenings.

Does that make sense? Hopefully I described them correctly.:) I might be able to find a picture.....

Was this is a D1 category denoted without a sofa bed? The deck plans show only D1 with sofa beds and no third (unlike Brilliance) or fourth pullman. I am in a D1 for November and my two kids won't sleep together, so my DD wants to sleep on the floor!

I will be on LOS in 5 days (departing october 4, 2008). I will check this thread again in a couple days to see if anyone wants me to specifically report back something & after my cruise I will report back.

Don't get carried away because I am not walking around the ship with a notebook reporting back noise audible near certain cabins or anything like that.

Well YOU'RE no fun. :(

:p

One thing that I intend to report back on is whether you can use the flow rider on the first day prior to sailing. I read someone say that you could, which surprises me, but I will verify that.

Come on, I assume that there have to be some questions that people are just DYING to ask that they just MUST know about before boarding. Maybe something like "what types of frozen yogurt toppings are available on LOS?" Stuff like that.

One thing that I intend to report back on is whether you can use the flow rider on the first day prior to sailing. I read someone say that you could, which surprises me, but I will verify that.

That is a great question and I'll be waiting for the answer. I'm thinking my kids would love to do that right away and I would imagine the lines would be a lot shorter the first day right after we board.

I'll try to think of some more questions before you leave.

Also, we all know that a picture is worth a thousand words. While there are already thousands of pictures online of LOS, it can be daunting and time consuming to sift through them to find what you want, so if there is one particular part of the ship of which you'd like a picture let me know. For example, perhaps you found a picture of the arcade but it was from a certain angle and you can't see a particular machine, maybe you would like me to take a pic from a different angle or maybe you'd like me to confirm that a certain machine is in that arcade.

Come on, I assume that there have to be some questions that people are just DYING to ask that they just MUST know about before boarding. Maybe something like "what types of frozen yogurt toppings are available on LOS?" Stuff like that.

Ok, here's one for ya: Please let me know which caribbean band is playing on deck on Liberty, and if they're any good! Thanks :D

Also, I do believe I remember that while boarding Freedom and Liberty (and before sailaway), the FlowRider DID have people on it. That's if my memory serves me right. Which is another story in itself. LOL :p

I would like to know how the jewelry store is on board, selection, variety, etc. Since I'm sailing 11/8 when we'll be in St. Martin on 11/11, a national holiday and all shops are closed.

Also, could you tell me if there are discounts at the spa on the port days. Specifically the day we're in San Juan, I don't plan to get off there anyway.

Will they take the kids to dinner when they're in the kids club?

That's all I can think of right now, thanks in advance.

I would like to know how the jewelry store is on board, selection, variety, etc. Since I'm sailing 11/8 when we'll be in St. Martin on 11/11, a national holiday and all shops are closed.

Also, could you tell me if there are discounts at the spa on the port days. Specifically the day we're in San Juan, I don't plan to get off there anyway.

Will they take the kids to dinner when they're in the kids club?

I didn't buy any jewelry but they seemed to have a decent selection...they will also have jewelry sales in the Promenade usually.

And if I recall correctly I do remember seeing Adventure Ocean take the kids to dinner.

You must be on my sailing! I was told by officials in St Martin that the port shops will be OPEN that day! There are about 12 shops and 12 stalls, so at least we'll be able to buy something! Also, I believe the French side is more open than the dutch side.