All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

What nights are formal nights on the eastern itinerary and what nights are the ice show offered on? Also where do you get the tickets for the ice show and what day do you get them on (first day at sea?) Is the ice show offered the same night as the main production show? Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm just back from a Heavenly week onboard Liberty. We took the exact same cruise last year, same time.

The Ship just seemed a bit better.... this time if that possible.

Staff seemed very happy and content in their jobs.

A bit more friendly, a bit happier; last year was Great but this year even more so.

Seen some familiar faces, some remembered us too.

Food (IMO) was better:D

We ate in Chops once, Portofino's three times:eek: ( Had Chops booked a second time but DH had a bi t of Sun Poisoning so we had to cancel:()

We did the last day lunch in Portofino's, 5 course Food & Wine Pairing Lunch absolutely the best dinner we have had in a looong time, if you enjoy food "Just Do It !" you will not regret this meal. (they do a Dinner on the First night as well)

Have the rest of our meals in the Wind Jammer, only ate twice in the Dining Room; once for lunch and once breakfast.

Ship was spotless! New Decoration for the Royal Promenade for each day.

Had a Seaweed Wrap and Massage and a Hot Stone Massage in the Spa.

We didn't do any activities or take any excursions, we just relaxed, ate and drank......... just a few Mojito's:D

We did our own walking tours of the ports and a bit of shopping, of course.

Any questions I would be happy to try and answer.

Booked Oasis while on board, too:D:D Have to work on updating my Sig now & the Laundry, reality Sucks!

Kar

Hi Everyone,

I'm just back from a Heavenly week onboard Liberty. We took the exact same cruise last year, same time.

The Ship just seemed a bit better.... this time if that possible.

Kar

Hi Kar! Great to hear you had such a great time, seeing as we are boarding this coming Saturday! :eek: Eek I am so not prepared!! LOL This will be one busy week.

I am guessing you did the Eastern Route? That's the one we're doing. (St. Maarten, PR, and Labadee) And if so, how was the Dengue Fever saga on St. Maarten? Did you bring repellent, or were you advised to do so at all?

Hi Christie,

Must have missed the whole 'Dengue Fever", didn't hear a thing about it, wore no repellant and didn't see any bugs. We only walked about the shopping area and had lunch. Will check my compasses to see if anything was listed, but I can't recall anything.

Kar

Hi Christie,

Must have missed the whole 'Dengue Fever", didn't hear a thing about it, wore no repellant and didn't see any bugs. We only walked about the shopping area and had lunch. Will check my compasses to see if anything was listed, but I can't recall anything.

Kar

Wow, ok! Well that's good to know. On my Liberty roll call thread, there was posted a few links from St. Maarten newspapers and other sources, speaking about the outbreak. But then people of St. Maarten were saying that it was being blown out of proportion.

What did you do in PR, seeing as we don't arrive until 3pm? We always have our usual routine in PR, but we always arrive there in the morning, never in the afternoon. This will be new to us! :)

We had the early morning in PR, we walked to the Fort, never did this before and then went to Le Bombonaire (probably mis-spelled) for their specialty Pastry and Coffee. (a sweet bread type bun, toasted with butteroriginally from Spain, Heavenly!)

Shopped a bit for some hand made jewelry and went back to the ship.

Last year we were at night, if you like seafood we went to Aquaviva and had a WONDERFUL meal, oysters from both coasts, coconut shrimp, crab legs........amazing seafood. We had planned on going back this year but our time was changed, bummer.

Next year we will be going down a couple days before and it is definitely on our "todo" list:D

Sorry we are pretty boring when it comes to doing things, we're all about the food and drinks:eek: and a little sight seeing.

Kar

We had the early morning in PR, we walked to the Fort, never did this before and then went to Le Bombonaire (probably mis-spelled) for their specialty Pastry and Coffee. (a sweet bread type bun, toasted with butteroriginally from Spain, Heavenly!)

Shopped a bit for some hand made jewelry and went back to the ship.

Last year we were at night, if you like seafood we went to Aquaviva and had a WONDERFUL meal, oysters from both coasts, coconut shrimp, crab legs........amazing seafood. We had planned on going back this year but our time was changed, bummer.

Next year we will be going down a couple days before and it is definitely on our "todo" list:D

Sorry we are pretty boring when it comes to doing things, we're all about the food and drinks:eek: and a little sight seeing.

Kar

Kar: That is our favorite place for Majorca's, the pastry melts in your mouth...We are on the same sailing as Christie and so glad to hear that you had such a great time...Jill:cool:

Well unfortunately that won't help me much...I go into anaphalactic shock when I'm even around seafood! :eek: LOL But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Our group is going to El Jibarito to eat. Not sure what time though, which is why I am trying to figure out what to do within the time constraints we are given.

Do Royal Family Suites get all the same perks? We cruise on 11/1 and I am just wondering if we will be getting a letter from the concierge....

We just got off sailing in a RFS. You may have had the same suite. You do get the same perks. I will be interested in your experience this week. I just posted a review, hopefully it will be online soon. It was pretty lengthy. Make sure you post when you arrive. Hope you have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...
Do they really do massages on Labadee?

They do. You book them through the spa on the ship. I believe they are slightly cheaper than the one's on the ship. My husband and I almost did one when we were there last week, however, once we got there I was glad we had changed plans. It was so hot and humid there, and after waiting almost an hour to do the whole tender process we were so hot and sweaty the last thing we wanted to do was lay down for a massage...all we wanted to do was get in the water and cool off. Just my opinion :)

We just got off sailing in a RFS. You may have had the same suite. You do get the same perks. I will be interested in your experience this week. I just posted a review, hopefully it will be online soon. It was pretty lengthy. Make sure you post when you arrive. Hope you have a great time!

Where can I find your review...I'm not seeing it anywhere. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Posting Live From Liberty! Well actually we're in Puerto Rico right now, lol. :p The ship is, as always, GORGEOUS and we are having a blast. The staff is awesome and all the activities are so much fun because of the staff. The food is awesome and everything is going great. Booked two more Next Cruises because i'm sure I'll be back (yet AGAIN lol). All of you that are boarding soon are in for a real treat.

Ok signing off! Until next week!!!

Do the RC Online workstations have access to a printer? I would like to print our airline boarding passes on the last night of our cruise, since they can only be printed no more than 24 hours before the flight.

Yes, you will be able to print your boarding passes.

One suggestion though, make sure the printer has paper in it before you log on to the computer. When we were on our cruise last November there were several people having problems because there was no paper in the printer and their time on the computer was adding up.

Yes, you will be able to print your boarding passes.

One suggestion though, make sure the printer has paper in it before you log on to the computer. When we were on our cruise last November there were several people having problems because there was no paper in the printer and their time on the computer was adding up.

Thanks! :D