All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

I was booked on the April 2, 2011, LOS -- 8 days of Eastern Caribbean. Now my TA says all April 2011 sailings on LOS are cancelled. I wonder if the ship is going to dry dock. Has anyone heard? :mad:

I'm pretty sure that she is going into dry dock at the end of April this year. My guess would be someone chartered the ship.

Sadly I've been looking for this EXACT Compass for awhile now and have NO luck. I've found other Western itinerary's (haiti, etc) but not ours.

Take good care of LOS... :) We're on her 2 weeks after you!

I'll scan my compasses from January 10th-17th sailing. Went Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. No GC, but it'll get you most info. Should be up this afternoon.

I'll scan my compasses from January 10th-17th sailing. Went Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. No GC, but it'll get you most info. Should be up this afternoon.

Thank you!! If we're ever on a cruise together I'll buy ya a drink :)

Just selected our cruise on LOS for 4/4/10. Been addicted to the forum All Things LOS. A couple questions still remain:

1. Movie theatre-extra cost? what kind of movies? first run or recent? same movie all week or a couple movies but are repeated all day, all week?

2. Are the daily Compasses pretty much the same on this ship as long as the itinerary is identical? If so, does anyone have Compasses for the western itinerary (Costa Maya, Belize City, Cozumel, Georgetown)?

3. I've only been on one prior cruise (Rhapsody 1/07). Although I loved it overall, it was chilly on the decks when the ship was moving so no one was ever in the pool (even the inside pool). Is this going to be an issue for the time we are going this year? I actually got a snotty response when I called RCCL. The agent told me "I can't predict the weather!" Duh! I'm just curious if this always an issue since I'm not a seasoned cruiser. I figured there's enough folks on here that have sailed during April to where we are going and can tell me if I can at least get in the water once during the week. I understand that future weather is unpredictable.

Thanks for all help.

If you haven't already done so, join our Meet & Mingle group for the LOS 4/4/10 sailing. Lots of good information on there!

Dear friends:

It was announced today that Liberty of the Seas will be homeporting in Barcelona starting in Spring 2011 for the Spring and Summer 2011 season.

That is why your travel agent is telling you that all April (and onward) 2011 Caribbean Liberty of the Seas cruises are cancelled.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Sorry if this was covered already - but are there coffee makers in the balcony cabins, or just Jr. Suite and up?
No coffee makers in balcony cabins; however, you probably wouldn't choose to make coffee for yourself anyway, not with these early-morning options available:

1. Go up to the buffet. They open for limited service (which really means coffee and pastries) at 6:00 am.

2. Go to the Promenade Cafe. I think they open even earlier than the buffet, and they also have coffee and pastries.

3. Order room service the night before and have it delivered to you.

I have just booked with our very first cruise!

We are a family of 4 and we are going with 3 other families.

My kids will be 10 &13.

Our cruise is scheduled for spring break 2011, but I am already planning!

We are doing the 6 day cruise-western itenerary

What are the top 5 things not be missed on this ship?

We are soooooo excited for our first cuise.

I have read all the pages on this thread! I learned a lot:)

CSBM

No coffee makers in balcony cabins; however, you probably wouldn't choose to make coffee for yourself anyway, not with these early-morning options available:

1. Go up to the buffet. They open for limited service (which really means coffee and pastries) at 6:00 am.

2. Go to the Promenade Cafe. I think they open even earlier than the buffet, and they also have coffee and pastries.

3. Order room service the night before and have it delivered to you.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Do these staterooms have a tub & shower ? Shower only -- with the door not the curtain

Is there bunk beds or pullman beds in the rooms ? Thanks!!!! depends on cabin some may have pullmans

fi.gifPromenade Family Stateroom Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size) and private bathroom. (300 sq. ft.)

Please note: In order to reserve this stateroom, a minimum number of guests may apply.

It also has 3rd and 4th pullman's and a sofabed as the floor plan indicates.

Please talk to me about onboard internet. I've never been tempted to use it before, but this time I'm taking two nieces onboard, and I'm wondering if I should get the 60 minute package so they can communicate with their mom and dad back home.

I know the cost, and it seems reasonable.

Is it feasible to think that two girls -- two girls who understood that they were to think of their topics ahead of time and be quick -- could send one email to their parents and receive one email from their parents EACH DAY on a one-week cruise with a 60 minute package?

Can they print their parents' emails rather than spend time reading them online?

Would it be better to bring a laptop of our own or use the ship's computer? Are they busy frequently? (This would be our only reason for bringing a laptop.)

How does one purchase a package?

Thanks.

The ship has wireless, so I would suggest taking a laptop, having the girls compose their emails in Microsoft Word, then connect to the internet and send it. By far the most affordable way to do it and then they wont have to hurry and can write a big long email telling their parents how much fun they're having.

The ship has wireless, so I would suggest taking a laptop, having the girls compose their emails in Microsoft Word, then connect to the internet and send it. By far the most affordable way to do it and then they wont have to hurry and can write a big long email telling their parents how much fun they're having.
That makes perfect sense, and it is worth bringing a laptop for their email ease. Thanks!

DH, of course, will not tell his boss that he's taking it. He likes to be 100% unreachable during vacations.

Edited by MrsPete