Hot water on the ship?

Frizzle Fry

Not a dumb question at all, that was one of my concerns also!

As others have said, the water gets super hot so be careful!

On Freedom of the Seas the pressure wasn't great, esp for rinsing thick long hair. It took me a few days to discover that there was a button on the handheld shower that changed the pressure from soft to beating bullets-perfect for hair rinsing!

The only bummer is that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom to turn on, but the steam only ever took a few mins to clear out.

Enjoy your hot showers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, we were surprised that the cold water from the tap comes out warm--we're huge water drinkers, and the water tasted good, but was warm.

But lots of good, hot water for showers!

Lou-Ann

Hi,

perhaps the 'cold water from the tap' was mostly warm when the ship was in the 'warm seas' and probably was a lot colder when the ship was in 'cold water'.

Most of the fresh water on the Explorer ( I believe that was the ship that you were on) is 'made' using the evaporators..... and that water is about 140 deg F - that is the "hot" water that is directed to your showers / 'tap' , but for the water to be used as cold water the "hot water" from the evaporators is sent and stored in 'compartments' in the bottom of the ship where the temperature is about the same as the temp. of the sea water outside ..... so after the once "hot water" made by the evaporators gets cooled off, it is sent to your cabins as the "cold water". So if the sea is warm so is your "cold water", if the sea is cold ( probably in the beginning and ending of your cruise) the cold water gets colder....... and perhaps if the demand is really high the "hot water" does not have enough time to cool off even to the 'sea water' temp.

Wes

It took me a few days to discover that there was a button on the handheld shower that changed the pressure from soft to beating bullets-perfect for hair rinsing!

So that's what that button was for! D'oh! I couldn't figure it out:o. I'll know next time....

Carnival didn't have very hot hot tubs, RCCL did. I'm going on my third carnvial, I hope this has improved since my last trip with them.

I recall the showers were all hot.

Archived