princess sale coming?

zaxxon12

I saw this on a site where I was looking for cruise fares. Any idea if this is true? It almost sounds too good to be true.

PRINCESS SALE! - Starts 2/29 - click for BONUS details!

• ALL PRINCESS CRUISES ON SALE!
    Every Booking, except last minute departures, receives:
    • $240 value onboard coupons.
    • $250-$600pp deposits SLASHED to $100pp!
    • Certain sailings 6/08 - 4/09 have shipboard credit of $50-$150/cabin

Sailings with Shipboard Credit will list a promotion in red text next to the sailing date on the cruise search results page AND list a second promotion in the yellow box on Step #1 showing the amount of shipboard credit offered for the sailing.

Offer Details: This offer is limited to new bookings in US$ only. Princess chooses to exclude Xmas or New Years sailings, onboard bookings and deposits, 1-4 night sailings, and last minute bookings. (Last minute bookings are cruises less than 11 weeks to departure.) Onboard purchases required to receive coupon savings. Coupon booklet will be delivered in cabin. Sale starts 2/29 @ 4:00AM EST AND ends 3/7 @ 11:59PM EST.

I saw this on a site where I was looking for cruise fares. Any idea if this is true? It almost sounds too good to be true.

PRINCESS SALE! - Starts 2/29 - click for BONUS details!

• ALL PRINCESS CRUISES ON SALE!
    Every Booking, except last minute departures, receives:
    • $240 value onboard coupons.
    • $250-$600pp deposits SLASHED to $100pp!
    • Certain sailings 6/08 - 4/09 have shipboard credit of $50-$150/cabin

Sailings with Shipboard Credit will list a promotion in red text next to the sailing date on the cruise search results page AND list a second promotion in the yellow box on Step #1 showing the amount of shipboard credit offered for the sailing.

Offer Details: This offer is limited to new bookings in US$ only. Princess chooses to exclude Xmas or New Years sailings, onboard bookings and deposits, 1-4 night sailings, and last minute bookings. (Last minute bookings are cruises less than 11 weeks to departure.) Onboard purchases required to receive coupon savings. Coupon booklet will be delivered in cabin. Sale starts 2/29 @ 4:00AM EST AND ends 3/7 @ 11:59PM EST.

First, WELCOME to Cruise Critic.

These types of sales occur quite often and they are usually offering more incentives than discounted prices. I agree, the coupon books are useless and we always file ours in the trashcan when we receive one. Just not much in there except a few 2 fer 1 offers.

Many of these types of 'sales' also offer a $100 deposit pp fee and shipboard credit on top of it. When we are out of Future Cruise Credits, which isn't very often, that is the type of 'sale' we jump on if the price is right.

I saved $1500.00 pp on our upcoming 16 night cruise (Rome-Stockholm) by watching various travel agency website prices. I called and had our TA (online agency) adjust our cruise fare to reflect the savings. We booked several months ago and it was getting close to the 90 day pay off period. That's an extra $3000.00 we can use for the expensive shore excursions!

Can someone direct me on finding an offer like this? I am about to book my first Princess cruise, and have no clue.

Impossible to give you links, against CC rules you know? But look at some of the larger internet agencies (google works well). And best of luck.

Can someone direct me on finding an offer like this? I am about to book my first Princess cruise, and have no clue.

Donna,

Go to the top of the page and click on the link that says Cruise agencies. Then on the next page click on each link for the website of each agency. When you get to their website sign up for the email list of specials. You'll get more offers than you can shake a stick at.

Make sure you go all the way to the bottom of the page as there are some very good agencies that start with letters other than "C"

I have to think that Princess will be doing something as well since Carnival is the Parent company.

Wednesday, February 27th

Exclusive Preview Day

Thursday, February 28th

ONE DAY SALE

Big Savings & Free Upgrades

on virtually all 2008 cruises!^*

^Fuel supplement of $5 per guest, per day based on double occupancy applies to all cruises departing on, or after February 1, 2008.

*Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Offer is non-transferable, and has no cash value. Farecode must be requested to receive promotion. Name changes are not allowed. Full deposit is requiered at time of booking. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Upgrades available in categories 4A-8I. Offer excludes categories 1A/4S/5A/6E/7A/8P/8S/9A/11/12. Combinable with supersaver rates only. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Sailings within range may be slightly higher. Best available upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). Upgrades limited to a one category oceanview upgrade on Carnival Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom or Splendor. Oceanview upgrade NOT available on Carnival Spirit, Pride, Legend or Miracle. Valid on new individual bookings only. Offer expires at midnight EST on Thursday 02/28/08. Applicable on select sailings through 12/31/08. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CP1S. Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas.

:confused: :confused:

I saved $1500.00 pp on our upcoming 16 night cruise (Rome-Stockholm) by watching various travel agency website prices. I called and had our TA (online agency) adjust our cruise fare to reflect the savings. We booked several months ago and it was getting close to the 90 day pay off period. That's an extra $3000.00 we can use for the expensive shore excursions!

We are planning to take this same trip in 2009 and would love to hear more about the sites you found to get such savings. Please tell us more.

msmuss

I was on the Carnival site tonight and noticed they're advertising a sale Thursday only. I bet if you do your home work you could find MANY Leap Year sales being that Thursday is Feb. 29th.

Good luck finding one perfect for you!!

WOW I really shouldn't post when I'm tired! :o

ok so the 29th is on Friday.... but it sure looks like there are a ton of sales this week. ;)

Good luck anyway!!

:confused: :confused:

We are planning to take this same trip in 2009 and would love to hear more about the sites you found to get such savings. Please tell us more.

msmuss

msmuss

I think what happens is that the particular sailing has a large amount of staterooms that haven't sold and so will give travel agencies the discounted fare. This same thing happened on our last cruise to Europe in 2001 on Celebrity. We always book our cruises 7-12 months in advance to take advantage of our frequent flyer miles, and then we keep an eye out for lower fares where ever we can find them. You will have to put a deposit to hold the cruise that you want until 90 days out when you have to pay the entire amount. I am not allowed to reveal the online TA, but you can do the same with any travel agency/agent. Just keep looking at all online agencies and also watch your major newspaper. I found a much lower price in the Los Angleles Times travel section in 2001 after I had booked with my local TA...he just cancelled and rebooked us at the lower fare. You can email me at pattysalinas@aol.com if you need more info.

Good luck!

Patty

Archived