Sneaking alcohol on

gill_boo

OK, I know I am going to get some heat for this but for those of you who don't like it, oh well.

As far as I know, you are allowed to bring wine aboard with you, correct me if I am wrong.

What if you bought one of those self bottling kits and put alcohol in wine bottles? Wouldn't that work?

OK, I know I am going to get some heat for this but for those of you who don't like it, oh well.

As far as I know, you are allowed to bring wine aboard with you, correct me if I am wrong.

What if you bought one of those self bottling kits and put alcohol in wine bottles? Wouldn't that work?

Yes it probably would. But, is also more work than necessary. I just emptied water bottles, and filled those with my drink of choice. Good luck with this one!

zmf_popcorn[1].gif

One small suitcase had a 12 pack of beer, my suitcase had a bottle of coconut rum (Malibu makes it in a plastic bottle) and that mixes well with the free guava mango oj concoction at the buffets :) My husband happened to have rum runner flask ( plastic flasks ) filled with Jack Daniels in his suitcase, never a problem. I checked in all my goodies, never did it in my carry on, except when we were in st. maarten I bought some rum and put it in my beach bag and carried it right up to my cabin.

Buy the liquor that comes in large plastic bottles. (we were worried glass might get broken) We had a big botttle of rum and a big bottle of vodka (in original containers) make it safe and sound onto the ship in checked luggage.

Our dd's boyfriends dad is the manager of the LCBO ( liquor control board of Ontario, basically the only place you can buy liquor in ontario :rolleyes: , no buying at the local corner store) He gave us about 20 little plastic bottles of whisky and rum :D Another friend of our daughter's parents own a wine making store. They have lids there that are identical to the ones on pop but when you put them on the refilled water/pop bottle they screw on the oposite way so the seal is not broken, then when you open them the seal is broken like any regular pop bottle. When they check what you are bringing on board ( since you can bring a small amount of pop that isnt sold on board) they wont be able to tell it has been opened and replaced :D

NCL's heavy handed welcoming committee and its naughty room has got to be the most desperate display of obtaining revenue in the cruise industry. They will go so far as to unscrew your bottles and sniff what is inside. It sure isn't helping them as they are the only line that repeatedly posts losses.

ABC and other liquor stores in Florida near the ports are missing out on a golden opportunity to increase profit. They need a section just for cruisers: Cruiser's Corner.

1. Cruiser's Corner should be in the front of the store for easy "in and out" since the cruisers may be on their way to port or their hotels and are paying cab fare.

2. Handouts can be distributed as customers enter the store explaining the processes to be used to get alcohol from the "store to your room" without breakage, or loss of any kind.

3. All products offered should be in plastic bottles and available in all sizes from what I call "samples" (airplane sizes) up to full sized bottles. Plastic Containers Only.

4. Cases of beer should be either cans or plastic bottles.

5. A full selection of Rum Runners stock, for those who want to wear their liquor, or for those cruising NCL.

6. An "Accessories" section with Bubble Wrap, Zip Lock Baggies, Birthday or Anniversary Gift Wrap, or plain brown wrapping paper, along with all kinds of tape: clear, the wide clear kind for affixing docs to side of case, and strapping for making a handle on the case.

7. The store should offer empty, leftover Coke, Sprite, Pepsi or Ginger Ale cases to be refilled with beer.

8. They could sell rolling coolers, or rolling luggage carts for easy transport of wrapped "gifts" onto the ship. http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Micr.../dp/B000A8MGFO

9. A table big enough for cruisers to bring their luggage into the Liquor Store and repack everything to accommodate their purchases.

10. Mixers should be available for purchase, also in plastic containers, along with lemons, limes, cups, straws, little drink umbrellas, and hand blenders http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/002-6490351-3065629?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=drink+mixer&x=11&y=17

11. On Saturdays and Sundays the stores should have four employees at the "Cruiser's Corner" section and they should open at 7:00 am to accommodate those on early flights. If the Cruiser's Corner employees become overwhelmed with rush or last minute customers, all store employees should leave their customers at the regular counter, stop stocking shelves and help at the RED ZONE: "Cruiser's Corner".

Ms B

ABC and other liquor stores in Florida near the ports are missing out on a golden opportunity to increase profit. They need a section just for cruisers: Cruiser's Corner.

Ms B

Actually Tampa has a wine store right at the port in the Channelside complex.

1. Cruiser's Corner should be in the front of the store for easy "in and out" since the cruisers may be on their way to port or their hotels and are paying cab fare.

2. Handouts can be distributed as customers enter the store explaining the processes to be used to get alcohol from the "store to your room" without breakage, or loss of any kind.

3. All products offered should be in plastic bottles and available in all sizes from what I call "samples" (airplane sizes) up to full sized bottles. Plastic Containers Only.

4. Cases of beer should be either cans or plastic bottles.

5. A full selection of Rum Runners stock, for those who want to wear their liquor, or for those cruising NCL.

6. An "Accessories" section with Bubble Wrap, Zip Lock Baggies, Birthday or Anniversary Gift Wrap, or plain brown wrapping paper, along with all kinds of tape: clear, the wide clear kind for affixing docs to side of case, and strapping for making a handle on the case.

7. The store should offer empty, leftover Coke, Sprite, Pepsi or Ginger Ale cases to be refilled with beer.

8. They could sell rolling coolers, or rolling luggage carts for easy transport of wrapped "gifts" onto the ship. http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Micr.../dp/B000A8MGFO

9. A table big enough for cruisers to bring their luggage into the Liquor Store and repack everything to accommodate their purchases.

10. Mixers should be available for purchase, also in plastic containers, along with lemons, limes, cups, straws, little drink umbrellas, and hand blenders http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/002-6490351-3065629?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=drink+mixer&x=11&y=17

11. On Saturdays and Sundays the stores should have four employees at the "Cruiser's Corner" section and they should open at 7:00 am to accommodate those on early flights. If the Cruiser's Corner employees become overwhelmed with rush or last minute customers, all store employees should leave their customers at the regular counter, stop stocking shelves and help at the RED ZONE: "Cruiser's Corner".

Ms B

wow...some thought went into this one! When do we move forward with the plan?

We have never had a problem asking the cabbie to stop at the liquor/supermarket on the way from the airport to the pier. Pick up items we need...pack them in our checked luggage and give them to the porters at the pier. Never had a problem with checking water and soft drinks in their original containers with the porters.

Some duty free stores in ports are now packing the liquor in bubble wrap and zip bags for you. They took the Johnnie Walker out of the box...put bubble around it and put it in a zip bag (bottle shaped)...put it back in the original box. Great idea. I saved the bubble and zip bags for my next trip (outbound) for a cruise. I have never had a bottle break in my luggage yet but I like the idea of a little extra packaging.

Archived