Great crew onthe Volendam right now.

Cruisinetta

Hello all from the Volendam. There are only 3 cruise critics onboard but we are noisy ones. :D I believe this is the best activities staff I have even been around. This is my 19th cruise with HAL and I can honestly say they are fabulous. A special shout out to Katie. She bends over backwards to "make" you have fun. The two Jessicas are fab as well. Sky needs a little help from the others but is very nice too. This cruise took us to the Panama Canal which was just plain fascinating. We are on the way home right now. Very rough seas today. Anyone going on the Voley soon will have a great time. Enjoy!!!

Savannahgirl, I am actually disappointed in the ship itself. The exterior has lots of rust and is need for a new paint job. The interior of the ship could use some upgrading too. The carpet is looking a little worn. The beds on this ship are oh so comfy. Fluffy pillows and very soft beds. The stateroom I have is in need of some repairs. The closet doors don't close very well. But I loves the activity staff onboard. You will just love them. When you get onboard please tell Katie a big hi from me. I have been trying to talk her into going on the Oosterdam with me in April. She is off for two months around that time. Anyway, tell her hi and treat her good. She's a peach!

• 6 years later...

Awwww miss you Lynn!!! Hope all is well was going though pictures the other day an came across the ship you built and the note you left in my cubby and my treat for the day you were awesome!!! How's cruising these days still building I see!! <3 Katie :))

Boy did that blow my mind---reading about the Volendam being in the Panama Canal, that is.

I know it's in Asia right now. I had plans to be on a cruise over there! :eek:

Then I saw the date---the thread is from 2008. :rolleyes: