Electrical Outlets

tcs1366

I attempted to use the "search" function... but it's temporarily down.

I'm curious if there is a difference in outlet amounts in rooms categories and or ships.

I was on Glory in a Cat 6B [i'm pretty sure that was our category]

Empress Deck, Port side balcony room.

we only had 1 plug for any "gadget".

on a different forum we had been discussing power strips and need for them.

So -- i'm curious if there are any rooms on any ships that have more than 1 single outlet?

TIA,

tcs.

There is one in the bathroom... and one or two above the dressing area drawers. If you need more than one, as suggested, just bring a strip. Actually, I would bring a strip that has a good surge protection if you plan on plugging in anything electronic.

No way would I plug in directly to their outlets... is's a ship and you should expect the power to fluxuate in your rooms a bit.

And don't try to plug in at any outlets near or behind the beds... rumor is that these are 240 volt outlets...

You might fry your $150 alarm clock... :D

in our room, we had ONE outlet, meaning one place to plug into.

there was a 110 & 220 at the desk. no others in the room with the exception of the TV, which we ended up using for our cell charger.

the one in the bath was for shaver only ... could not find one near the bed either.

We had a handicapped cabin and they knew we had to recharge Mom's powerchair each night... still only one outlet. The power strip we brought allowed me to have my laptop plugged in all the time, her chair at night, and recharing the cell phones, and anything else we needed. They are grounded, three prong plugs.

On the CCL Pride, we brought a surge protector type multi-outlet to increase the single outlet situation. Well, with the PSP and 2-Way Radios pluged in.... then turning on the TV... it tripped the fuse. Maintenance came and told us how bad we were for using a multi-outlet. Warned us that if we used the multi-outlet and the TV at the same time, we can expect the fuse to trip. Hmmmmm

:rolleyes:

On Elation, I had a plug replicator and kept battery charger and laptop plugged into it, no problem. Did not have to disconnect anything touse hairdryer, either. Other than hairdryer, all are low wattage users. Right next to the 110 outlet was a European two round prong 240 outlet. since most of my travel stuff is dual voltage, I could have used it if I had had a plug adapter along. On Celebration, I took along a small plug adapter with nightlight, and it worked fine also. Around the ship were lots of two prong European sockets...I wanted to sit down with my laptop and plug it in but no US two prong outlets. The time I will be taking a Eoropean two prong plug adapter to take advantage of these. EM

So -- my guess is, everyone brings along the power strip because no one had 2 plugs.

It's not like we would be tripping the fuse .... at most, we'd have 2 things plugged in. I'm glad we brought the clock. I hate waking up in the middle of the night, not knowing what time it is.... but i do have to say.... those beds were very comfortable, and i slept quite well. But being able to see it was 6am ... i'd just get up instead of sleeping more.

Thanks for all the input

anyone out there have more than 1 place to plug in??

Last time my wife and I were in London, we picked up a UK powerstrip. Now we take both UK and US powerstrips. That lets us use both 110 and 220 outlets. The UK powerstrip usually requires a European two prong adapter.

In this picture you can see our laptop, speaker system and alarm clock all plugged in and running. The TV is on also and no problems. The laptop brick is dual voltage and plugged into the 220vac outlet. This provides cleaner power anyway so is a better choice for electronics. The power strip is plugged into the 120vac and the clock and speakers are plugged into it as well as the camera battery charger. The 220vac outlet will accept any common european plug so if you have the big UK plug that will work as well as the more common two pronged continental plug.

1497981824080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

I have to sleep witn a CAPC machine due to sleep apnea so I need to have an outlet close to the bed. In Sept. I went on an Alaskan cruise on the HAL ship Zaandam. I had brought a power strip with me. When we got to the room, I found an outlet behind the bed and plugged my power strip in and fried it - I don't know what happened but it sparked and started stinking so I pulled it out right away. This must have tripped the fuse because the TV didn't work after that. Maintenance came in and did something to get things going again. The strip was fried of course so I just plugged the machine in the outlet and it worked fine. ???

I am going to be travelling on the Liberty in April and have asked my TA to let them know that I have this medical device and will need to have an electrical outlet nearby the bed - I am curious as to what they come up with.

Last time my wife and I were in London, we picked up a UK powerstrip. Now we take both UK and US powerstrips. That lets us use both 110 and 220 outlets. The UK powerstrip usually requires a European two prong adapter.

Well, the last time I was in London I was 18 and didn't think to plan ahead. lol. (I'm so just joking around here!:p )

Let me know what happes with your machine. We are going on the miracle In july and boyfriend has a machine also and i was wondering the same thing... The plug behind the bed it is mess up your machine?? How did you use the machine? Did you run it off an ext. cord? This has me somewhat concerned!!!

Let me know what happes with your machine. We are going on the miracle In july and boyfriend has a machine also and i was wondering the same thing... The plug behind the bed it is mess up your machine?? How did you use the machine? Did you run it off an ext. cord? This has me somewhat concerned!!!

No, it did not mess up my CPAC machine at all. I did not have the machine plugged in when I plugged in my power bar. I'm sorry, I really can't remember if I plugged the machine in the same outlet or if I plugged it in a different outlet but I know it was just plugged directly into the outlet without a power bar. My machine worked fine and I had no trouble with it. I will try and remember to let you know how it worked for me on my April cruise on the Liberty. I do recommend tho that you talk with your TA and get them to notify Carnival that you will be bringing on a medical device that will require an electrical outlet and also that you will require distilled water.

I also plan to talk to my room steward before I plug anything in.

It's so great to see a fellow Philadelphia Eagles fan proudly displaying their loyalty :D

Yes we are proud of our birds.:cool: We don't usually bring gear with us but this cruise was during the Superbowl in Jan.2005. The game was our last sea day headed back to Florida.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!!!!

Yes we are proud of our birds.:cool: We don't usually bring gear with us but this cruise was during the Superbowl in Jan.2005. The game was our last sea day headed back to Florida.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!!!!

I don't like to speak of that superbowl :(

At least you were still on vacation after they lost - not sitting at home in misery like me!

Hopefully we'll make it this year - we've already added some key defensive players...now we need a #1 receiver and we'll be good.

fly eagles fly!

this is about the third thread I read where the outlet behind the bed fried somebody's appliance. I'm going to stay clear of that one.

All past cruises I've been on (CCL and RCCL)only had one outlet. I've brought multiplugs, but this upcoming I'm bringing a powerstrip and keeping my fingers crossed.

I also always plugged in my clocks and never had a problem. I did recently buy a battery operated one though.

Archived