Boarding time for 9pm departure?

fun2travel

Wondering if anyone can tell me when we might be able to board the ship in Seward. I actually only want to be able to get on to get rid of luggage and then go back out to tour around. We need to turn in our rental car at 2 pm, and would like to drop off our bags. Any help is appreciated.

You can just put your bags- properly tagged, from morning and they will be delivered to your room. Boarding usually starts by 1pm but I've also had a couple ships not available for boarding until 3pm- but those were longer ago.

I'm interested in learning the same. We'll arrive in Seward about 1 or 2 pm, but since this is the first cruise for 5 of our 7 person group, they may want to explore the ship.

Is there something worthwhile to do in Seward later in the afternoon?

I'm interested in learning the same. We'll arrive in Seward about 1 or 2 pm, but since this is the first cruise for 5 of our 7 person group, they may want to explore the ship.

Is there something worthwhile to do in Seward later in the afternoon?

Frankly, I never suggest anyone being in a rush to get on a ship early in Seward. There is plenty of excellent touring to consider. I also suggest- IF a option, get to Seward as early as possible. If you want to consider one of my top recommendations- the 11:30am Kenai fjords boat tours are fantastic.

There is also glacier flightseeing, Seavey's Sled Dog tours, Exit Glacier, Alaska Sealife etc http://www.seward.com

My experience was back in 2002, but they allowed boarding as early as 11:30-12. They took your luggage but you could not get to your cabins till 1pm. You could wander around the decks and in the public areas. They started serving lunch at 12:30. We were so anxious to see our ship that we did very little in Seward.

This time we plan on doing exactly what BQ suggests....dumping our luggage and then spending the day in Seward.

We have always boarded by 11:30am even when we sailed at 10pm. What we do is go onboard, have lunch and then go back off the ship and do what you want until dinner time. Sometimes in Puerto Rico we were tired so we just enjoyed lounging on deck all afternoon and getting unpacked. But in Alaska there is way to much to see and do. We are staying in Seward for 3 days to enjoy the area.

But does anyone know how LATE you can re-board? I'm not worried about being back for dinner. I'd like to plan our day in Seward, but not sure how long we have.

If you need to "check in" initially, then most ships are going with a 2 hours prior. If you check in earlier, then you need to be back on board 1 hour prior. Always, verify this directly however. It will be clearly posted at the gangway.

thanks BQ.

I realize that it will be posted on that day. I just wondered if anyone who had done the cruise remembered. I'm trying to make some plans and would have liked to know how much time I had. I guess I will just assume that we need to be back by 7pm, and if its later than that...well we just be pleasently surprised.

Archived