RCCL Credit Card

I use it off and on.I usually build up my points, then trade them in for multiple $50 onboard credits. Since they are currently offering 15,000 points to apply, you can consider this $150 OBC and enjoy. I have never had a problem with it. it is through Bank of America (I always pay off the balance each month, so I don't have any experience with interest rates.

I use it for everything - and I mean everything - and pay it off every month. We are using our first points for a free companion fare on our cruise in May - for 25k points I saved $379, so I was happy. They charged me $1 for the cruise just so I could get credit for it. WE have only had it since May. Got rid of our airmiles card and now just use this. Since we go on the 3 nighter at least 2 or 3 times a year, we will use our points mostly for the companion fare since you get more bang for your buck that way vs OBC.

I've had one for several years. Its all about personal preference. The 15K has been lowered to 10K though for the signup.

There are lots of threads about the benefits of this card over others and whether you actually get more value for others etc. To me, its never made much of a difference and I don't get into the whole idea of breaking down the cards like others do. I appreciate all the work they have done though. There are better deals out there I think that has been shown but, for me, I like the card and have never had a problem with it or BofA (although others have).

Sinec I've had the card, I've redeemed points for a grand romance package, a free cruise, and $500 off a cruise price.

I'll add my vote to the others. I've had the card for a year and I've cashed in a lot of onboard credits this past year on two cruises. I even use it for groceries, dentist, doctors, etc. and those points really add up. Like others have said, I pay it off each month so I don't have to pay any fees to the company. :)

Can anyone give me an idea where to look for the information that tells how many points it takes to redeem for OBC, upgrades, free cruises, etc? I know it's been discussed before but I can't seem to find the thread. Thanks.

Kathy

REWARD LEVELS

There are six levels of Rewards available to Participants:

(a) Five thousand (5,000) Royal Points;

(b) Fifteen thousand (15,000) Royal Points;

© Twenty-five thousand (25,000) Royal Points;

(d) Fifty thousand (50,000) Royal Points;

(e) Seventy-five thousand (75,000) Royal Points; and

(f) One hundred twenty-five thousand (125,000) Royal Points

See below for detailed descriptions of our selection of Rewards, organized by Reward level.

1. 5,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Fifty dollar ($50.00 USD value) on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e. Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple

onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

• On board amenity (choice of one)

• Two Royal Caribbean International robes ($100 USD value)

• Commemorative Basket - This chic and elegant gift basket provides gourmet treats, champagne, plus souvenir logo wine glasses and a

6”x8” picture frame ($56 USD value)

• Upgrade, on a 3 or 4 Night Bahamas or Baja sailing for two, (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of

upgrade may not exceed one hundred dollars ($100 USD value).

• Royal Packet - includes 2 Royal Caribbean International towels, 2 disposable cameras, and 2 messenger bags ($50 USD value).*

• Royal Wear - includes 2 Royal Caribbean International Polo Shirts and 2 baseball caps ($50 USD value).*

* To receive the Royal Packet and Royal Wear Rewards, please mall Reward Coupon(s) directly to Royal Caribbean International at

Attn: Royal Rewards, 4729S. Palisade, Wichita, KS 67217. The merchandise will be mailed to the address you provide on the

Reward Coupon.

2. 15,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Upgrade on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two, September - May (interior stateroom to minimum available

oceanview stateroom). Value of upgrade may not exceed three hundred dollars ($300 USD value).

• Onboard Grand Romance Package - This package includes a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot champagne upon arrival; a fresh bouquet

of flowers in your stateroom; two of our signature 100% Turkish cotton terry robes; a tray of elegant canapés delivered before dinner and

decadent petit fours after dinner on two formal evenings; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8” x 10”

keepsake portrait. ($250 USD value).

• $150.00 USD Cruise Discount off any ship and itinerary.

3. 25,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Free Companion Fare on a 3 or 4 Night Bahamas or Baja sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of free companion

fare may not exceed five hundred dollars ($500 USD value).

• Upgrade on a S or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two (oceanview stateroom to minimum available balcony

stateroom, excluding suites). Value of upgrade may not exceed five hundred dollars ($500 USD value).

• Upgrade on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two, June - August (interior stateroom to minimum available

oceanview stateroom). Value of upgrade may not exceed five hundred dollars ($500 USD value).

4. 50,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Free 3 or 4 Night Bahamas or Baja sailing for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of free cruise fare for two may not

exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000 USD value).

• $500.00 USD Cruise Discount off any ship itinerary.

5. 75,000 Royal Points

• Free Companion Fare on a 5 or 7 Night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of free

companion fare may not exceed fifteen hundred dollars ($1,500 USD value

I've had the card for a couple of months and it has been great! I think that including the initial 15k worth of points, we are already past 20k, which means $200 to spend on our next cruise. I've heard some nasty rumors of B of A raising their interest rates for even those with "good credit" but that isn't an issue if you pay off your card monthly. Their website is pretty easy to use as well.

We have had this VISA card for a long time. We can honestly say we have saved $1000's over the years. It is simple and easy to use. Check your account on line. You can redeem your points BEFORE you get your statement in the mail.

Rick and Deirdra

I use it for everything - and I mean everything - and pay it off every month. We are using our first points for a free companion fare on our cruise in May - for 25k points I saved $379, so I was happy. They charged me $1 for the cruise just so I could get credit for it. WE have only had it since May. Got rid of our airmiles card and now just use this. Since we go on the 3 nighter at least 2 or 3 times a year, we will use our points mostly for the companion fare since you get more bang for your buck that way vs OBC.

I have to ask you this because Bank of America could not answer. Is the companion fare for the second person in the room or the third? I was wondering as we have enough points for a 12 night companion fare and that is the length of cruise we do usually?

I have to ask you this because Bank of America could not answer. Is the companion fare for the second person in the room or the third? I was wondering as we have enough points for a 12 night companion fare and that is the length of cruise we do usually?

The companion fare is for the second person in the cabin.

I was only offered 5,000 initial bonus points when I signed up on board last February. Just checked my statement to verify that my memory was correct. The offer that came through the mail to DH last week was only 5,000 as well.

I signed up for the credit card - does anyone know how to check my reward point balance? I've checked online, and can't find it on my online statement. I haven't gotten a paper statement yet.

Thanks!

Just click "download" (It's way down on the right under all the amounts that you've charged, and it's lettered in blue). :)

We never have 3 in the room so really can't tell you. I was considered the 2nd person on this cruise, so it was applied to mine. I was worried about getting "credit" for the cruise, but C&A told me that would not be an issue. Then when I paid in full, they said they would charge me the $1 to make sure I would get credit. I am guessing it would go for your second person, but not really sure. Maybe someone else will be able to answer for you

I signed up for the credit card - does anyone know how to check my reward point balance? I've checked online, and can't find it on my online statement. I haven't gotten a paper statement yet.

Thanks!

You actually have to go through a "posting" cycle to see your points. Once you go through your first cycle, you can bring up your online statement and you will see your point total at the end. It will show regular points, bonus points, then total points.

You actually have to go through a "posting" cycle to see your points. Once you go through your first cycle, you can bring up your online statement and you will see your point total at the end. It will show regular points, bonus points, then total points.

OK - just got our certificates in the mail today. Still waiting for one more which I hope to get tomorrow. After I fill out and make a copy for our records I should call C&A w/certificate(coupon)# and mail the original royal points coupon to the address on the front? In total we will have 5 certificates - should I mail them separately or together as a group?

Sailing in 6 weeks and don't want to have it get "mixed up". THANKS!

(FYI -I do think the card is worth it if you pay it each month & have interest in planning a cruise)

I've had my RCCL Visa for over 6 years. Two years ago we went on a 4 night Caribbean and my wife's ticket was free (companion fare). We are also leaving on 4/19 on the Liberty where again, wife's fare was free. I have also used the points for several OBCs.

OK - just got our certificates in the mail today. Still waiting for one more which I hope to get tomorrow. After I fill out and make a copy for our records I should call C&A w/certificate(coupon)# and mail the original royal points coupon to the address on the front? In total we will have 5 certificates - should I mail them separately or together as a group?

Sailing in 6 weeks and don't want to have it get "mixed up". THANKS!

(FYI -I do think the card is worth it if you pay it each month & have interest in planning a cruise)

After you have received your certificates, call 1-888-305-4626 which is the RCI Coupon Redemption Center. They will ask for your booking number and certificate numbers. Tell them how you want the certificates used. Then fill out the certificates, make a copy and mail to the address shown.

I would wait until you have all the certificates and mail at one time.

Archived