Hot rollers

Hi ladies - I used to hang out here on the Fashion & Beauty board, but stopped awhile ago. Can't remember why. :confused:

My hair is below shoulder length & rather thick & heavy. Also fairly straight. I like to set it in hot curlers for special occasions to give it a bit of body & bounce, with hopefully some curl at the ends. I have a set of regular electric curlers, but am thinking of getting a set for travel. Any recommendations?

Dual voltage would be nice, but not necessary. The ships all have both outlets & for European travel I already own a converter.

Thanks bunches. :)

I have a nice travel set by Remington with 10 rollers (5 large/5 med). In fact, I have two sets. I combined all the large rollers in one set and the medium rollers in the other. When my hair is shorter, I take the medium set with me. It's quite small, packs nicely, and heats up quickly. I purchased them online, but I can't remember where. Just google Remington hot rollers. I think it's called "All That."

I did the same thing! They aren't as good as my regular electric rollers, but they take up less space and will do the trick! I bought my 2 sets in Wal-mart for under $10.00 a set! (I use only the med.size, so I had to buy 2 sets to have enough)

i dont know if you would be interested in this idea but i use these rollers that are like a velcro type on the outside. i put them in when my hair is damp (not wet or you will never get them dry with hair like yours and mine). so when i step out of the shower i do the same stuff i would do as if i were to blow dry or whatever... put the regular product in your hair that you do to hold the curls or what-have-you, let it airdry some or blow dry it some but still keeping it damp, then put the curlers in...and finish getting ready. they work great for me!

like anything i would try them before you cruise...otherwise you might end up one unhappy cruiser if they dont work out. you can get them all over like target, most beauty stores like Sallys or Ulta i think might have them too.

hc_hs28.jpgThese are Conair rollers that I have used for years and they work great! I also have thick, straight long hair and I love them! Very small and perfect for traveling. I got mine at Ulta but you can also by them online at Conair.com:D

I've got 2 sets of conair super jumbo hot rollers (5 come in the set) one stays in my travel bag, one's for at home. I have medium thick hair that reaches about my bra strap and these big rollers make it smooth and shiny with just a nice curve under at the ends. Kind of veronica lake style.

I've got 2 sets of conair super jumbo hot rollers (5 come in the set) one stays in my travel bag, one's for at home. I have medium thick hair that reaches about my bra strap and these big rollers make it smooth and shiny with just a nice curve under at the ends. Kind of veronica lake style.

Hi...

I have naturally curly hair that is to just about mid back.

I have always wanted to try these just to see what other kind of texture I could get out of my hair....but for somer eason just never have.:rolleyes:

Could anyone tell this dumb,inexperienced girl, how one uses these, and maybe what I could expect?

Do you uses different products when using them for styling?:confused:

I use so many other products for my hair and take a lot of pride, it would be nice to add these to my repertoire if they made a difference!!

I would, of course, give'em a whirl ahead of time....

Thanks!

Hi...

Hi Heather -

Would kill for that kind of hair! There's probably days (hazy hot & humid?) that you really hate it?

Product - what's that? The only one I know about it a tiny bit of silicone. I work a dime size dollop thru wet hair to help smooth it out. Any more, like a nickel size, & my hair looks greasy.

My hair stylist uses some things, but I haven't a clue as to what they are, or how to use them. I want the sophisticated Veronica Lake look, but usually wind up with the sloppy Meg Ryan locks. :eek:

VM._CR0,0,324,324_SS100_.jpg VM._CR0,0,266,266_SS100_.jpg

Hi...

I have always wanted to try these just to see what other kind of texture I could get out of my hair....but for somer eason just never have.:rolleyes:

Could anyone tell this dumb,inexperienced girl, how one uses these, and maybe what I could expect?

Do you uses different products when using them for styling?:confused:

I use so many other products for my hair and take a lot of pride, it would be nice to add these to my repertoire if they made a difference!!

I would, of course, give'em a whirl ahead of time....

Thanks!

After I wash my hair I spray in a little citre shine (spray laminator) I blow dry with a really big round boar bristle brush, To put the rollers in I brush out a section of hair and pull it tight away from my head then just roll onto roller and leave in till cool. It's less damaging (to my hair at least) and less time consuming than a straitening iron. While they are cooling I do my makeup, then take em out, brush, and voila, I am ready! Both dd use them too, they both have thick hair to the middle of their backs, be sure to get the biggest hot rollers you can find, the ones with a velour type surface make your hair smoother. good luck.

........the ones with a velour type surface make your hair smoother. good luck.

I had NO idea. My home set is the spiky kind, to grab my hair. I just figured I would look for the same kind. Also figured the velour type would slide right out. Hmmm, maybe not.

Love this board. Thanks. :)

It was our honeymoon. In John's family, all brides go to Disney World. :confused: In 1991 it was well, not Disneyfied - just some of the characters were aboard. It was SO disappointing, but hey, we were in love, in the Bahamas, & what did we know?

It was our first cruise. We did decide it would be our last. Fast forward a few years & John was given the 1997 cruise on the old Noordam - an incentive award from his work. We crossed that gangway & thought this is what cruising is all about. Within a month of coming home we booked the next year's cruise on Veendam. Been hooked on HAL ever since. :)

And everyone once in a blue moon I do see someone else with BRB in their siggy. Nice to meet you.

Archived