Just off the Emerald this morning......3/5/08

cruzzers

:) We just arrived home after 10 days aborad the beautiful Emerald Princess. We had a great time and will miss all the pampering and all our cruise buddies.

We had Samatha Brown from the Travel Channel onboard with us and also managed to observe a miraculous rescue at sea when we found 2 fishermen afloat in a small boat drifting out into open waters, about 200 miles from their coastline.

More details to come.....just have to get some sleep and will write more tomorrow after some much needed rest. If you have any specific questions, ask away.

I hope someday that my dance card looks like yours.....all Princess ships on all those wonderful cruises. And I thought I was an avid fan of Princess!!

I am working on it....seeing the world...one Princess ship and one port at a time.

I hope someday that my dance card looks like yours.....all Princess ships on all those wonderful cruises. And I thought I was an avid fan of Princess!!

I am working on it....seeing the world...one Princess ship and one port at a time.

Glad you had a good time, and I hope we do get to see Samantha Brown on a Princess ship in a travel show. I thought she was pretty hooked up with Royal Caribbean, but I saw that she is doing a shopping book/magazine for Princess which is in the cabins. And I would also be interested in knowing where your ship docked when it returned to Port Everglades...I'm assuming it was a weekday, not a weekend? We are doing B2Bs and always walk over to Walgreens and Publix on 17th Street between cruises.

Glad you had a good time, and I hope we do get to see Samantha Brown on a Princess ship in a travel show. I thought she was pretty hooked up with Royal Caribbean, but I saw that she is doing a shopping book/magazine for Princess which is in the cabins. And I would also be interested in knowing where your ship docked when it returned to Port Everglades...I'm assuming it was a weekday, not a weekend? We are doing B2Bs and always walk over to Walgreens and Publix on 17th Street between cruises.

I looked at the bridge cam and they docked at the main Princess pier (2?)...near 17th Bridge.

We are going to walk to the same stores between our B2Bs on her. (getting on the next voyage)..and will find out, soon enough, on shorts in the dining room for lunch :)

I looked at the bridge cam and they docked at the main Princess pier (2?)...near 17th Bridge.

Perfect, that's a nice easy walk, even carrying bottles of wine and flavored coffee creamer for my husband. If you're interested, there's a great sailing store in the Publix shopping center too, on the right as you face Publix. Caters to yachters sailing all around the world. Fascinating maps and books and yacht paraphenalia, fun to look around in.

Perfect, that's a nice easy walk, even carrying bottles of wine and flavored coffee creamer for my husband. If you're interested, there's a great sailing store in the Publix shopping center too, on the right as you face Publix. Caters to yachters sailing all around the world. Fascinating maps and books and yacht paraphenalia, fun to look around in.

Yes, thanks for that. We have been in that store. We live full time on a boat for about 5 months out of the year, so that store has considerable interest to us.

WE are on the 3 -15 sailing and plan on using the Princess baggage check upon disembarkation since our flight is not until 3 PM. If it is walkable we intend on walking to the Bimini Boatyard for a leisurely lunch then grab a cab to the airport. All we will have is one or twocarryon bags.

Ron

Please keep us posted on whether or not Samantha was taping a special. We are booked on the Emerald for March of 2009 and I can't think of a better way to get all worked up (more than we already are) that to watch a Travel Channel special on the ship we are already set to sail on!!!

I too was on this cruise, and saw Samantha Brown filming several different spots...in the spa, in the shops, etc...she sat behind us in the dining room and appeared to be having a good time! Nobody that I asked could tell me when it would air, so will just have to wait.

The ship is beautiful, and the crew outstanding. The rescue of the father and son from the Dominican Republic was amazing. They thought they were gonners.......they'd been adrift for 8 days...so glad we were there at that time.

Please post more details on Samantha Brown, we love her shows

We were on board Sapphire Princess a few years ago when they were taping the Biggest Loser, we watched a couple of their challenges and I got to see Bob Harper who is great and the other trainer was Kim

"Always wondered... does she travel with a companion...?or just a crew.... and how the heck do ya get a job like that:D"

CuriousCat

She was married in October 2006. She is our favorite "travel Person" :-)

49er

Yes, thanks for that. We have been in that store. We live full time on a boat for about 5 months out of the year, so that store has considerable interest to us.

Your frozen in... LMAO!

Nice day at the lake today Marc

I really intended to post sooner with more details but have been in bed with a nasty flu that we must have picked up in transit. Good thing we waited till we got home to suffer the bad effects from it.

As far as Samantha Brown, I am not really sure when they plan to air the footage they shot onboard. I am sure we will be seeing it soon on the travel channel unless is was done just for Princess.

For those of you wanting to walk to the pier, I would grab a cab and go to the store to pick up stuff. Publix is very close by and there is a wonderful Wine an Spirits store right next door. For any of you staying in Ft Lauderdale pre or post cruise, you have to eat at Angelos in the same strip mall area as the Publix store. We had some of the most delicious food ever there and the price was very reasonable.

I promise I will write a full review when I am feeling better.....until then, happy cruise planning everyone!

I really intended to post sooner with more details but have been in bed with a nasty flu that we must have picked up in transit. Good thing we waited till we got home to suffer the bad effects from it.

Think there may have been a bug on board I have also been most unwell since returning home, real nasty cold

I think Samantha did part of a special onboard another Princess ship which aired about a year ago. Glad to see she is on the Emerald. It is a beautiful ship, we were on her in December. Hi to Curious Cat and Mr. Curious.!:)

Michael

DH and I are considering a cruise on the Emerald in October and we have a couple questions. We are planning our first cruise on Princess in May; can we wait another couple months to book for the October cruise?

Besides the obvious benefits of a balcony cabin, is there any size difference between the balcony and a standard oceanview?

The October cruises have two different itineraries; we have never been to the Southern Carribean. Would you recommend the Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts cruise; or Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba cruise? Which cruise did you do?

I will ask it even though I know the answer; how great was the Emerald?

Thanks for the advice,

DH and I are considering a cruise on the Emerald in October and we have a couple questions. We are planning our first cruise on Princess in May; can we wait another couple months to book for the October cruise?

Besides the obvious benefits of a balcony cabin, is there any size difference between the balcony and a standard oceanview?

The October cruises have two different itineraries; we have never been to the Southern Carribean. Would you recommend the Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts cruise; or Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba cruise? Which cruise did you do?

Thanks for the advice,

Had the pleasure to be on the Emeral from Feb 14th till Feb 24th.

The balcony is MUCH bigger when you have a balcony cabin vs an oceanview.:p

Ship is VERY large as mainly sailed Sun Class size.

Lots of photo's around as do a google or aYou Tube search if interested,.

When you visit an island your choice of entertainment would be? This would assist as different for both itineraries.

Thanks for the advice,

We are on the Emerald Cruise for Oct. 21! Book your cruise while you are on board in May and get the On Board Credit but if you can't wait, they are having a balcony sale going on right now!!! This one is doing Dominica, Grenada, Bonair & Aruba.....Next time we will try the other itineary!

Then Join our roll-call we have a great CC group on this cruise and we are fun, fun people!!

Andrea

~~~~~

Ron & Connie, yes it is possible to walk to the Bimini from the pier. It is "behind" the Renassaince when you cross from the Walgreens.

I too, would love to hear more about Samantha Brown - we are scheduled to be on the Emerald on April 4. How exciting that she was on when the rescue took place - I wonder if they will add that to her piece.

Archived