Travel Insurance comes to the rescue again!

J18ktleo

Have kept up on the controversy re: purchasing travel insurance. Really needed it 3 years ago when it truly saved my behind and our savings account on a freak health problem that put my DH in the hospital in Grand Cayman for a week. :eek:

This last cruise had the coverage and am glad to say that I know the 'extended stay' at the Sheraton FLL due to cruise delays and hurricane Frances will be covered, along with our meals for those two days.

Saved us a couple hundred on that one! :p

Just an FYI

I agree... and this season is also making a case for using the cruise air during hurricane season. With the announced cruise date changes, if you were onboard the ship and had booked through an online agency, I think the stress level would be very high.

Hi,

I also believe that trip insurance is important. You just never know what could happen. On one of our cruises a couple of years ago my husband got an ear infection. We had no insurance. It was the day before we were to return to the states. It cost $130. for the visit and some cheap pills. The Dr bill on board cost more that the insurance. So now we get insurance.

True that the insurance is (what I believe at a high rate for a short time) but it is worth it. And when you break it day it is about $10. per day, the cost of a drink or two, or five minutes on a slot machine!

Geo

Archived