Paul Gauguin in Tahiti

RMS Olympic

Got back last Sunday and still have the glow.

The service and food were fabulous!

There was 2 gay couples and 2 lesbian couples on board...all very nice people. The crew was great and very gay friendly........like most ships alot of the crew was family.......and I found the service to be superb. The beef in all dining rooms was New Zealand beef....and was the best I have ever had on a ship. I was surprised to find open bars at the Motus (beach days) and you could have your drink served in a freshly opened coconut. Entertainment was weak, but with all the daily activities at the stops, most were pooped in the evening. The gym, for those interested had 2 stairmaster, 3 bikes, 4 tread mills, and I think one eliptical trainer....dumbells up to 50 lbs. What was exceptionally nice was the gym was opened from 5am to midnight! Bottles of watter are provided in the gym.....and are handed out (chilled) by the pool all during the day.......Fabulous!

If you want to go to paradise.....do this ship....better than first class,,,,,,repeaters party has jumbo shrimp and Beluga caviar....a big tin mind you. Tours were reasonable in cost...parasailing was great, the stingray swim was great.....they provided the sardines for you to hand feed them......

Any questions, please ask.....this is a wonderful trip and for those of you looking for something romantic for you and your sig other......it doesn't get better than this. One last note....on my birthday I came back to the cabin late afternoon and found a chocolate cake, canapes and two flutes of champagne, and a birthday card from the Captain..........got in the tub with some cake and champagne and listened to music.....almost missed the surf and turf dinner at the casual grill....Maine Lobter tail and fillet mignon. Did I mention I liked the food.....that explains the 2 hours in the gym every morning....sigh...Radisson is the best!

There was 2 gay couples and 2 lesbian couples on board...all very nice people. The crew was great and very gay friendly........like most ships alot of the crew was family

What about ME? And Ethan? Oh, yeah - you didn't notice us, once you'd seen Patrice :rolleyes: ...

Everyone knew you were on the ship............besides, if I told everyone how fabo you were then I would never get space on any ship you were on......

For all of you who read this...

Ethan was a quiet gentleman, reserved, intelligent and charming.

Thulewx was....how can I say.........suavayyyyyyyy, elegantayyyyy, and the target of the entire crew........minus Patrice.......all mine, all mine.........all mine!

Tom,

What's this about "no more Paul Gauguin in 2005? what's the story? Does Radisson plan to replace her with another ship? When exactly in 2005 will she stop cruising the Tahitian waters???? I might have to make some quick plans to my 2005 cruising calendar!!

Thanks for the help.

Hobie

Hello Hobie :)

Over on Luxury Cruise Talk there is a lengthy discussion about the fate of the Paul Gaugin and its possible replacement. This is an exclusive RSSC message board and a lot of people that have sailed her and will miss her. Just last year Radisson retired Song of Flowers which many Radisson devotees will miss. I had sent a link to Thulewx last year a listing for sale of the Paul Gaugin and it was dismissed as something all cruiselines do.

What all do you have on your Cruise Calendar for 2005?

jeff

The head of Radisson has made mention of possibly moving another ship into the market...but this will depend upon what the Government htere agrees to. My guess is that the radisson Navigator will be repositioned there. The other possibility would be to find some way to extend the charter on the Diamond and then move her there. She has the marina extension, so that would be in line with the Paul Gauguin.

Radisson has spent too many years in that market to just walk away now considering the popularity of the itinerary and the over all product.

Now for the juicy stuff......and this is only speculation on my part. I was told by SilverSeas former employees that that line will not survive much longer. Well if Radisson is going to lose the Diamond and Paul Gauguin in 2006...then maybe that would justify buying the two smaller SilverSeas vessels. This would keep the fleet at the same number of vessels, and if they baught or chartered all 4 vessels, it would open up new possibilities like the Australian market.......considering that Crystal is now eying that region closely.

Archived