Immigration Form Question

BM64

I filled out the on-line immigration forms a couple of weeks ago and successfully printed out my boarding passess. Got a call from my TA today saying she got an e-mail from HAL saying they needed additional information. I told her that I have my boarding passes so she said not to worry about it but I think I should give them a call. Anyone else ever have this happen?

I can't imagine what they'd need if you were allowed to print your boarding passes. Sounds like maybe something didn't register in their system.

At any rate, your TA is being commissioned to work on your behalf. She should clarify everything with HAL.

I just received an email today from HAL that they needed the full address of our contacts. When I originally made out the questionaire only the name and phone number (and maybe the state) was required. I have already received all my documents and printed out our boarding passes. I just went in to the online immigration form and added street addresses. That item now has the red asterisk next to it that it is a required field. This is strictly for the immigration dept. So they are probably just wrapping up any loose ends.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Colette

I just received an email today from HAL that they needed the full address of our contacts. When I originally made out the questionaire only the name and phone number (and maybe the state) was required. I have already received all my documents and printed out our boarding passes. I just went in to the online immigration form and added street addresses. That item now has the red asterisk next to it that it is a required field. This is strictly for the immigration dept. So they are probably just wrapping up any loose ends.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Colette

Just got off the phone with HAL and you are correct. When I filled out the forms this was not highlighted but apparently it is now. The HAL rep took care of it for me. I might add she was lovely on the phone.

Just a bit of insight. When we received our "package" from HAL with the luggage tags and all in it, the package also included immigration forms. Having asked here if I needed to fill them out, most all said "No" (since I had already filled them out on-line). Low and behold, when boarding, HAL asked for the immigration forms and said that the WEB sight specifically said to "print them out" when completed. I never noticed that on the HAL sight. To make a long story short, "PRINT OUT YOUR IMMIGRATION FORMS" upon completion and bring them with you for boarding. Why the "double" set is needed, I haven't a clue but they were adamant about producing the completed form prior to boarding.:confused:

To make a long story short, "PRINT OUT YOUR IMMIGRATION FORMS" upon completion and bring them with you for boarding. Why the "double" set is needed, I haven't a clue but they were adamant about producing the completed form prior to boarding.:confused:
When you "print them out" now all you get is a single page "Boarding Pass" with little relevant information except your booking number, cabin number, and an indication that you've registered a credit card and a hold has been placed on it.

In Dec my DD printed the pages for her and DH, but left them home or misplaced them by the time we got to the pier. She started to fill out the paper form at a table in the terminal, but a HAL "Red Coat" came over and told her that since she had done the on-line bit, all she needed on the form was the names and the booking number. She stopped filling out any more, took it to the desk clerk, and voila!, they looked up her on-line check-in info.

It looks like we have yet another inconsistency in HAL's procedures from ship to ship or place to place!

Good grief. Why is this such an issue ?

If you print out the boarding passes, you do not need to fill out the Immigration Questionnaires that are enlosed in your blue HAL packet.

If you don't print out the boarding passes or forget to bring them with you, you will need to partly fill out the Immigration Questionnaire (shoreside staff will tell you what needs to be filled out).

The ship requires actual paperwork from each passenger - a hard copy - for their records onboard.

And before you say "but I did it online, why do I have to do it again....."

IT'S THEIR SHIP....they're allowed to ask you for paperwork if they want.

And....for those of you who arrive just an hour or so before sailing and have nothing filled out and have not done anything online, the day is fast approaching when you will be denied boarding. That policy was originally due to start in mid-February, but the cruiselines and travel agents lobbied Immigration/Border Control hard, and got them to postpone it by a few months.

I filled out the on line info and printed out my signature preferred boarding pass. TA came back with at statement from Holland, stating they needed full emergency addresses. I went back in and noticed I didn' fill in the zip code, etc. So I did that and I now I will check back with my TA to see if everything is okay.

Robin

April 1st, 2008 - Volendam Panama

Archived