best hotel near port

akachop

Can anyone tell me their favorite hotel near the NCL port? Doesn't have to be the cheapest. We will be flying in from New York the day before our cruise and staying overnight so as to board the ship on Sunday rested and ready to go! At this point we are unsure if we will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami so any advice regarding that would be appreciated as well. I was thinking Miami would be closer to the port but maybe I'm incorrect? Anyway, we are a family of 4, with 2 young boys (ages 6 and 8) so that has to be considered. Thanks:)

Also, any advice on a restaurant for dinner would be great!

We fly into Ft. Lauderdale because its cheaper and the airport is much easier to get through than Miami. We stay at the Marriott at Biscayne Bay. Its a great hotel on the water with marina. Nice to check out the expensive boats docked there. Only a few minutes from the hotel. I believe they have an airport shuttle but we never use it.

I assume you are sailing out of Miami - always good to mention the port in the subject line, so people can better help you.

There are usually some good ideas over on the PORTS OF CALL message boards that might be helpful.

Fly into Fort Lauderdale, Miami airport is horrible. Even people from FL avoid it if at all possible. There are many hotels near the port in Miami so travel down there when you arrive. You can stay at the beach or in downtown. Our all time favorite hotel is the Mandarin Oriental. It is expensive but fabulous! It's quite close to the port and they can arrange for a car to take you there (for a price) Check out the ports of call board for many more hotel s uggestions though.

it s a bit away befor we head out of miami..There are several nice hotel s near the airport that offer shuttles to the Port of Miami...and there s

several near the port as well..

if ur looking for *close* there always the holiday inn across the street..or u can look for an inn for the family..

Can anyone tell me their favorite hotel near the NCL port? Doesn't have to be the cheapest. We will be flying in from New York the day before our cruise and staying overnight so as to board the ship on Sunday rested and ready to go! At this point we are unsure if we will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami so any advice regarding that would be appreciated as well. I was thinking Miami would be closer to the port but maybe I'm incorrect? Anyway, we are a family of 4, with 2 young boys (ages 6 and 8) so that has to be considered. Thanks

My favorite hotel is the Intercontinental Hotel ...

DCP_0042.jpg

About three block behind the camera is the Bayside Marketplace. To the right of the above photo is a free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

The pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

The roof (the pool is in the lower right corner of the picture below) ...

IChotelroof.jpg

The view out the window ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And my favorite view, from the deck of the cruise ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post (even though I now realize that I should have posted it in the ports of call section). The hotels suggested look great and seem to fall in the price range that I had in mind. Still undecided between staying at a chain that we've used before or trying something new like the Sofitel.

We just arrived home after spending 5 days on the NCL Pearl. The day we before we stayed at the Fortune House Condo Hotel across from the Four Seasons. I do NOT recommend it even though it was 136.00 for a 2 bedroom suite. The rooms were FILTHY. Last night we stayed at the Four Ambassadors, right on the water. It was 29.00 more for a 2 bedroom suite. It was an older condo hotel, but clean and with restaurants nearby. Our kids stayed at the Clarion Las Palmas in Doral and were very happy with that. :D

Can anyone tell me their favorite hotel near the NCL port? Doesn't have to be the cheapest. We will be flying in from New York the day before our cruise and staying overnight so as to board the ship on Sunday rested and ready to go! At this point we are unsure if we will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami so any advice regarding that would be appreciated as well. I was thinking Miami would be closer to the port but maybe I'm incorrect? Anyway, we are a family of 4, with 2 young boys (ages 6 and 8) so that has to be considered. Thanks:)

Archived