"LIVE" from the Westerdam / 3-09-08

Radio

And regarding the kitten avatar, that's my little girl Shadow...a barn cat I adopted from one of my students. She is really hard to resist and a real lap cat.

I love that kitten as well. So pretty! I've admired her many times!

Alison,

Those pictures of Joel are awesome. I wonder if I can order off of your site? Would love to have one of those. Yeah... I definately got bit by the bug. Talked my dad into coming next time. Didn't really have to try that hard. :D

Can't wait to see you again.

Hey Jenn,

The shots did turn out much better than I had imagined they would and considering that was the first time I had experimented without a flash, I may be on to something. LOL Maybe Joel needs a permanent photographer! As for ordering off the site, I'm not really sure how that works but if you find that you can't, just let me know and I will have them printed off for you at this end and mail them to you. :)

Awww she's sitting here blushing with all of the compliments you guys. LOL

Here's a bigger picture of her to admire. ;) Just click to make it bigger.

How adorable! Thank you. I really want a cat but I just travel too much. It would probably want to fight with my brothers puppy who I adore!:)

How adorable! Thank you. I really want a cat but I just travel too much. It would probably want to fight with my brothers puppy who I adore!:)

Cats are unpredictable at times but here's a hint....when there's two of them around the same age or from the same litter, they play with each other and don't seem to bother things like dogs as much. ;)

Hello everyone. . . a previous poster requested some shots of the AutoTrain. I didnt take that many during this trip, but here are a few I made from the AutoTrain last year when I sailed on Celebrity Century. . .

Radio

Amtrak AutoTrain, in Lorton, VA

AT1.jpg

Sleeper Passageway / Upper Level

AT4.jpg

Lounge Car / Upper Level

AT5.jpg

Roomette/ AutoTrain / The 2 Seats fold down to a bed, and a Bunk pulls down from above)

AT3.jpg

AutoTrain Car Ramps

AT2.jpg

Now if I just could find a good site to post them on so that I could let others view them too.

Remember this guy, Mark?

Your pics were great ! I forgot to thank you very much for putting the Meet and Greet together. . . It was wonderful to meet you and some great Cruise Critic members ! !

While I was editing my pics for upload, I found a few of Joel Mason that I took (Ooops. .a little blurred though), and some random pics that I may not have posted. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Joel Mason / (as Elton John)

WE1.jpg

A great entertainer !

WE3.jpg

I love these benches. . .they are everywhere !

WSS5.jpg

Bridge Wing in Fort Lauderdale. . .

WWS4.jpg

Your Host, Radio hopes you enjoyed this "LIVE" report, and hopes to see you soon !

CY25.jpg

Does the car go in at the rear, which continues further through the next car? Is that how it goes?

Yes, that's right. . . There are about 4 Auto Carriers assigned to each ramp.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your pics were great ! I forgot to thank you very much for putting the Meet and Greet together. . . It was wonderful to meet you and some great Cruise Critic members ! !

While I was editing my pics for upload, I found a few of Joel Mason that I took (Ooops. .a little blurred though), and some random pics that I may not have posted. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Your Host, Radio hopes you enjoyed this "LIVE" report, and hopes to see you soon !

CY25.jpg

Well thanks for attending...I think we had a really good group to say the least. It was nice meeting you and should you decide to travel with HAL again, maybe we will run into each other some time in the near future. All the best, Mark!

Radio, Thank you for taking the time to post your live reports and especially the photos!

I was supposed to be on the 3/9 Veendam, but yesterday those plans changed. The ship was overbooked, HAL made me an offer.....so now I'm doing the 4/6 Veendam. I'm considering the Westerdam for next January. It's still a new ship to me, although I've done 2 on the Zuiderdam. I don't generally prefer the vista class ships, but when working around 2 working people's schedules I can't be too picky!

Hope you enjoyed the game - my boyfriend is a former Oriole.

Happy Sailing!

Sue/WDW1972

Veendam 4/06/08

wow, what a great attitude you have after being bumped!!

Yes, that's right. . . There are about 4 Auto Carriers assigned to each ramp.

Radio

This is really interesting. I had no idea such a thing existed.

Thank you so much Radio for this excellent thread. It's the best one I've ever seen.:)

Hello everyone. . . a previous poster requested some shots of the AutoTrain. I didnt take that many during this trip, but here are a few I made from the AutoTrain last year when I sailed on Celebrity Century. . .

Radio

Amtrak AutoTrain, in Lorton, VA

AT1.jpg

Sleeper Passageway / Upper Level

AT4.jpg

Lounge Car / Upper Level

AT5.jpg

Roomette/ AutoTrain / The 2 Seats fold down to a bed, and a Bunk pulls down from above)

AT3.jpg

AutoTrain Car Ramps

AT2.jpg

Thank you, Radio! That was me who asked for the photos...I appreciate it. Looks very nice!

Well thanks for attending...I think we had a really good group to say the least. It was nice meeting you and should you decide to travel with HAL again, maybe we will run into each other some time in the near future. All the best, Mark!

Thanks, Radio (Mark)...

Great to see a photo of the guy who has posted this awesome thread! :D

Radio

I went to look at your Celebrity Century review as we are considering this for December, but I didn't see one. Was this just a quiet, personal cruise for you? :D

We took the autotrain many years ago and loved it. We always said we would do it again, but never did. Thanks for the pictures. Judy

>SNIP<

I went to look at your Celebrity Century review as we are considering this for December, but I didn't see one. Was this just a quiet, personal cruise for you? :D

We took the autotrain many years ago and loved it. We always said we would do it again, but never did. Thanks for the pictures. Judy

I didnt write a review of Century, but I did a "Live" from the Century report HERE. There were no photos in that report, because my photo server (Club Photo) dissolved . My phot album can be viewed from the link below however. . .

She was a great ship ! I have sailed Century 3 times. . .

Radio

I didnt write a review of Century, but I did a "Live" from the Century report HERE. There were no photos in that report, because my photo server (Club Photo) dissolved . My phot album can be viewed from the link below however. . .

She was a great ship ! I have sailed Century 3 times. . .

Radio

Radio... I tried to find photos for the Century and could not?? We are sailing on the Century in July. We are doing Northern Europe and can't wait! I would love to see your photos. I have really enjoyed this thread as we are going on the Westerdam in December. Thanks so much.

Also... did you take the Auto Train all the way home to Maryland? How long of a ride is that? It sure looks like a nice train!

Radio,

I greatly enjoyed your updates up until the time I boarded the Westerdam on 3/16. We just disembarked yesterday, so now it is back to reality. I read your review, and totally agree with your comments and assessments. Did you see the acrobat show ('power and grace')? We thought it was very good, as well as being unique for a cruise ship.

It is interesting that you took the Auto Train home, since we also greatly enjoy rail travel. We are taking the train from Omaha to Salt Lake City in June for our Park City vacation. The scenery between Denver and Salt Lake City is spectacular. Service is unpredictable, but it is much more relaxing than flying.

Also... did you take the Auto Train all the way home to Maryland? How long of a ride is that? It sure looks like a nice train!

The auto train runs from Sanford, FL to Lorton VA.

It does not make any stops for passengers.

It leaves FL around 4:30 p.m. and arrives in VA around 8 a.m.

Radio: you have more than 40 thousand views on this thread. I find myself coming here often to see if you have added any more pictures.

To the person who posted a link to her pictures -- fantastic shots of Joel Mason! I absolutely love the man and hope to encounter him on some future cruise. He is so talented, and his show is just a hoot! :D

To the person who posted a link to her pictures -- fantastic shots of Joel Mason! I absolutely love the man and hope to encounter him on some future cruise. He is so talented, and his show is just a hoot! :D

You're welcome! :D

Radio... I tried to find photos for the Century and could not?? We are sailing on the Century in July. We are doing Northern Europe and can't wait! I would love to see your photos. I have really enjoyed this thread as we are going on the Westerdam in December. Thanks so much.

My 2 Century Video's are HERE, and I will try to get my pics up soon. . .

Radio

>SNIP<

Radio: you have more than 40 thousand views on this thread. I find myself coming here often to see if you have added any more pictures.

To the person who posted a link to her pictures -- fantastic shots of Joel Mason! I absolutely love the man and hope to encounter him on some future cruise. He is so talented, and his show is just a hoot!

Thank you very much for the nice comments ! My "LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas received over 75,000 views ! !

I will try to post some pics, that I liked or forgot to post from Westerdam !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Westerdam in Grand Turk

CC2.jpg

Bridge from the Pier in Grand Turk

CC21.jpg

My Balcony (6011) Starboard FWD

CC22.jpg

Forward Observation Deck on Deck 7

CC25.jpg

Navigational Bridge Wing from my Cabin

CC24.jpg