Passion Island...Thumbs Up or Down??

For anyone who hasz taken this excursion, can you give me some info.. Would love to know about the beach and the island itself. Did you like it ??Or wasn't it worth the money?

Wouldlike to hear from you all before we book and pay for this excursion.

Thanks so much,

Carla

We woudn't do any other excursion but Passion Isalnd. It's a gorgeous beach and not at all crowded as they limit the number of guests. The buffet lunch is very good. If you like fish the dish they serve is yummy as is everything else. Also, there is an open bar serving pre-mixed drinks and Coronas. We've been 3 times and loved it each time. For us, it has always been money well spent.

It's beautiful, not crowded. One of the nices excursions we've done in Cozumel.

Is this an RCI excursion or private? We booked an inclusive beach day via RCI's website, but I really don't know the name of the place (their site seems slow tonight)

Joe,

Be careful, the booze is free.

Did you get the memo about Charles wanting to organize a cruise for the Krewe on Voyager from Galveston around 2/22/09 during mardi Gras week? It seems only he and June and maybe us are interested. If you and Sally could make it, it would be great. Give it some thought.

Rick

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I have a question regarding us taking the kids.aged 16n and 11yr with us. Why will they be bored?

Are there not any activitie for them? It is just a beach????

Thanks again.

Carla

We went to Passion Island last year, and it was great. I wasn't thrilled about the travel time, however...it took about an hour or so both ways. We did have a super time, tho.

This year, we tried Nachi Cocum- an "all inclusive" resort ( still being rebuilt after the hurricane) about 15 minutes by cab from the pier. It was as nice as Passion Island, and was just as uncrowded. As a matter of fact, there were only 30 people there with us this year. The food was much better, and the service was outstanding.

As far as Playa Mia...really crowded and not very comfortable. Nachi Cocum is the next beach south of Playa Mia...we could see the Playa Mia crowds from there!

If you have children, Playa Mia would be the best choice.

The first time we went we saw only two teenagers. The last time there were no kids or teenagers. There is one inflatable island and a volleyball net but never saw anyone playing. One time we went there was Segways that you could rent but not much else. It is truly a place to relax and enjoy the sun and sand. If you are taking your kids I would not recommend Passion Island.

We have been to Passion Island twice and loved it. I would definitely book again. I don't care for fish, but there was chicken and other goodies to fill you up. Nice, uncrowded, lazy beach day. You'll love it.!

Thumbs up if no kids, thumbs down if you have kids. I took mine and there is very little for them to do here....not to mention that regardless of their age it will still be $74pp. My parents wanted to do this and for the money it is better to go to San Francisco, Paradise or Playa Mia beach where there is stuff for the kiddos (mine are 13 and 15). Just my two cents. Just not worth the $222 it would have cost for me and two kids. I will spend a fraction of that taking a taxi and going to PB.

For anyone who hasz taken this excursion' date=' can you give me some info.. Would love to know about the beach and the island itself. Did you like it ??Or wasn't it worth the money?[/size']

Wouldlike to hear from you all before we book and pay for this excursion.

Thanks so much,

Carla

The price for children is $39 or less..The adults do pay the full price. Not sure what the cut off age is for children. I am pretty sure my 16yr will be paying full price but not the 11yr old.

Thanks for the replies. I think we will go ahead and book and take the kids regardless of the fewer activies for them. They will just like to swim and play in the water.

Carla

Archived