Are Aft Cabins to HOT in August in the Western Caribbean ?

I have my first Corner Aft booked for this August on the Enchantment. Just curious if anyone has been in this position ? I have read here at cruisecritic in the past that some people barely use the Balcony due to the heat ? I hope that's not the case but I guess that's why I'm asking ? Thanks for any info you may have.:)

I have my first Corner Aft booked for this August on the Enchantment. Just curious if anyone has been in this position ? I have read here at cruisecritic in the past that some people barely use the Balcony due to the heat ? I hope that's not the case but I guess that's why I'm asking ? Thanks for any info you may have.:)

I had your very cabin/balcony (7666 Enchantment) in July and it was heavenly! Of course, if you just sat directly in the sun it was hot, but that would be true anywhere!

There is such a thing as too hot to use a balcony?? Why book one then?? I would be out there all the time, and probably will be on the Freedom, if not busy doing everything else...

I agree that reguardless how hot it is that I will still be out there.:D I just hope the A/C will be able to keep up in those Aft JS as long as I keep the curtains closed.. Thanks once more..:)

I froze to death in that cabin! I had to get up every night and turn the thermostat down! And that was in late June/ early July.

I froze to death in that cabin! I had to get up every night and turn the thermostat down! And that was in late June/ early July.

I have NEVER had a cabin with so much praise as you give #7666.. I really can't wait another 5 months !! Thanks once more ! :D

I have NEVER had a cabin with so much praise as you give #7666.. I really can't wait another 5 months !! Thanks once more ! :D

Oh dear! :eek: I hope I haven't built it up too much! I'd hate for you to be disappointed! The cabin itself is really just a typical Junior Suite with the large walk-in closet and usual small bathroom with a bathtub. It's the balcony that I really liked! It was very large, private, had some sun and some shade, and had a huge panoramic view. It will make you feel like you own the place! ;)

Oh dear! :eek: I hope I haven't built it up too much! I'd hate for you to be disappointed! The cabin itself is really just a typical Junior Suite with the large walk-in closet and usual small bathroom with a bathtub. It's the balcony that I really liked! It was very large, private, had some sun and some shade, and had a huge panoramic view. It will make you feel like you own the place! ;)

That would be hard NOT TO LIKE !! :D August 14th is a ways away yet but it will come in time. Thanks Bonnie.:)

It got pretty darn hot out on our aft corner one day on our February Radiance cruise. The sun was hitting the balcony at just the right angle, I guess. I went inside and soaked one of the hand towels in cold water and wrapped it around my neck. Instant airconditioning!

It got pretty darn hot out on our aft corner one day on our February Radiance cruise. The sun was hitting the balcony at just the right angle, I guess. I went inside and soaked one of the hand towels in cold water and wrapped it around my neck. Instant airconditioning!

I may have to try that ! :D Thanks..

Sailed on the Mariner last March, and stayed in 9694 aft. It was hot out on the balcony during the middle of the day. We decided to stay forward next time. The RFS was just to expensive and we did not use the balcony that much.

I'm one of those complainers, but the cabin in question was on a Voyager class ship in the middle of deck 10. Those cabins have an overhang and two side walls that hold in the air--it was so hot and stifling, even at night, that you couldn't even breathe.

However, I've been on the corner afts on the Vision class and loved it. With only a partial overhang, you'll get a lot of sun there, but it won't be any hotter than elsewhere on the ship. Trust me, the added space--not to mention the view--is so worth it.

I'm one of those complainers, but the cabin in question was on a Voyager class ship in the middle of deck 10. Those cabins have an overhang and two side walls that hold in the air--it was so hot and stifling, even at night, that you couldn't even breathe.

However, I've been on the corner afts on the Vision class and loved it. With only a partial overhang, you'll get a lot of sun there, but it won't be any hotter than elsewhere on the ship. Trust me, the added space--not to mention the view--is so worth it.

I think I was very lucky to have got ONE of only TWO corner aft JS on the Enchantment and can't wait !:D

I can't wait !! Heat and some sun does not bother me, Chicago winters in a dark jail do !:eek: Thanks again :D

Archived