promenade...

acc82

so, i've booked a promenade stateroom for our next cruise (may this year). I have always, in the past, done either an interior or balcony room. I booked the promenade room because i always thought they looked pretty cool and were close to all the action, plus, i always want a room in the center of the ship (less movement) and that was one of the only rooms left. even though i've already booked it, i'm wondering what everyone thought of these rooms when you've stayed in the past. thanks!

I have had them two different times I was pleased with it if you can't afford a balcony and it is better then an inside cabin. They are a little smaller but nice to sit on the couch looking over the Promenade and nice to watch the parade. I was just surprised not many really look out their window it seem curtains we're more closed then ever open. ONLY time I ever heard noise was during the parade.

My wife and I love them .. have been on Adventure, Explorer and Mariner .. stayed in PR cabin on deck 8 center ship each cruise. You don't feel closed in like an inside cabin. We have gotten great deals and can't see spending extra money on a balcony on a Caribbean cruise. We spend little time in cabin except to sleep and change clothes.

Promanade rooms are great! I loved to be able to sit in my window and people watch. noise was never an issue for us either. I'd choose this room over an interior room anyday, but really I don't care what room I have as long as I am on a cruise! I'm happy to be anywhere on the ship. You will love this room! :D

We had out first PR room last month on the Navigator and we LOVED it! We've had inside, outside, balcony and aft balcony. The aft was the best but we normally get an inside to save cash for excursions. The PR room was very little more money than an inside and we found it felt roomier and we liked people watching. We have another PR cabin booked for our Mariner cruise in September. :)

We had adjacaent promenade rooms on Freedom of the Seas when my wife and I traveled with our two teenage daughters, and felt that they offered great value. For little more than the price of an interior room, we had a sitting area in the bay window, and could look below and view the activity on the promenade. We were on deck 6 and noise was not an issue.

We had a promenade room on our recent trip on Liberty. We were in the center of the ship also, Deck 8. Very spacious room, suitcases fit great under the bed. We loved being able to watch what was going on in the Promenade, lots of pictures in my signature below. Love the newer bathrooms, spacious shower (for a cruise ship), the shower head moves up, down, side to side and you can take it off to use! Room also has safe, spacious closet with plenty of hangers, comfy bed, coach, desk area, refrigerator (bring your own stuff or you'll go broke buying what they have in there!), spacious seat in front of window to "people watch" :)

There are heavy curtains on the windows, so don't have to worry about any light coming in. They actually adjust the light in the Promenade in the morning and evening for the time of day it is. You should be able to tell in the pictures, I think I labeled them too. Enjoy!

There was only one door between the rooms, not like in some hotels where there are 2 doors. I believe our door opened one way, into the one next door, but it was locked. You can see it in the picture, to the right of the TV. There is only one TV in the room, just happen to catch reflection in mirror on the left.

IMG_0120.jpg.9628b3fe6097c00d954bdbcb771f5b52.jpg

We had a promenade room on our recent trip on Liberty. We were in the center of the ship also, Deck 8. Very spacious room, suitcases fit great under the bed. We loved being able to watch what was going on in the Promenade, lots of pictures in my signature below. Love the newer bathrooms, spacious shower (for a cruise ship), the shower head moves up, down, side to side and you can take it off to use! Room also has safe, spacious closet with plenty of hangers, comfy bed, coach, desk area, refrigerator (bring your own stuff or you'll go broke buying what they have in there!), spacious seat in front of window to "people watch" :)

There are heavy curtains on the windows, so don't have to worry about any light coming in. They actually adjust the light in the Promenade in the morning and evening for the time of day it is. You should be able to tell in the pictures, I think I labeled them too. Enjoy!

Wow, your pictures are FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your reply. When the door is open will it block any space in the room? I know you did not open it but I was looking for an opinion. I would think it would push back flat to be out of the way?

Thanks

WE had adjoining promenade rooms on the mariner and yes...it does open and a magnet holds it open flat against the wall. Takes no space in the room.

Archived