Booked fall 2009 today....am I going crazy ?

You know I wish I could get as excited about TV as I do about cruises. The New England/Canada itinerary so enticed me that I booked a cruise for fall 2009. I've never booked a cruise so early before but the price was good and I just couldn't wait. Maybe I'm going crazy, but there was this intuition that New England/ Canada is similar to Alaskan cruises....in that the fill up quickly and the cheap rooms go fast. Well I got my cheap room and now I must wait a LONG time !

It's on Carnival which was much cheaper than the others at 898 for cruise and 419 for air. I've been on Holland America but their New England itinerary was outrageous. With a single room supplement, the cruise itself would be close to $2000. Princess or Royal Caribbean both much higher than Carnival's offer. Needless to say I jumped on that Cat 1a rate due to the fact it won't be there if I waited until next year to book.

Crazy or not New England here I come, but not until 2009 !

The problem with Canada New England cruises is that the season is very short, thus the high(er) prices.

I noticed just how short the season for the 7 day New England itineraries. They do 5 day trips during the summer, but if one wishes the week long intinerary then it was either Sep.08 or Sep 09...at least for Carnival.

The price I'm paying is typical Caribbean rate for a single traveler which I'm hoping will be a bargain for New England. I know from Alaska cruises( twice) that typical Caribbean rate would be a bargain.

The price I'm paying is typical Caribbean rate for a single traveler which I'm hoping will be a bargain for New England. I know from Alaska cruises( twice) that typical Caribbean rate would be a bargain.

You did very well!

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to our Oct. 2008 Canada cruise on Expolorer of the Seas. I anticipate liking it so much that I'll want to return the following fall. RCI hasn't released their 2009 schedule yet, but based on 2008 itineraries - I'd love to be on Jewel of the Seas' Sept. 2008 Transatlantic from the UK to Boston, followed by a 7-night New England/Canada cruise. Or maybe we'll want to do a land trip so we can spend more time in a few places.

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to our Oct. 2008 Canada cruise on Expolorer of the Seas. I anticipate liking it so much that I'll want to return the following fall. RCI hasn't released their 2009 schedule yet, but based on 2008 itineraries - I'd love to be on Jewel of the Seas' Sept. 2008 Transatlantic from the UK to Boston, followed by a 7-night New England/Canada cruise. Or maybe we'll want to do a land trip so we can spend more time in a few places.

I really liked mine 2 years ago and hoped to go back last year but it didn't work out. Maybe this year or next.... I loved Bar Harbor and Halifax.

Hope that Oct 2008 goes very well.

Tell us about it when you return.

I really liked mine 2 years ago and hoped to go back last year but it didn't work out. Maybe this year or next.... I loved Bar Harbor and Halifax.

Good luck in getting back. My itinerary goes to Portland even though I would have preferred Bar Harbor since it is at the national park. I'm sure both ports are very nice. Halifax sounds wonderful. In St John there is a shore excursion to Bay of Fundy National Park, so I'll see a National Park anyway.

Hope that Oct 2008 goes very well.

Tell us about it when you return.

I will - but my itinerary is different than yours. Explorer of the Seas goes to all Canadian ports in the fall, but it doesn't go to Saint John, New Brunswick. I think Halifax is the only port that's the same.

Archived