Number of Passport pages

CA traveler

Good rule of thumb (I am a member of the Travel Industry) is to have at least 5 to 10 available pages.

The continuous changes in political relationships dictate the required documentation for entry into countires. As such, even if an advance Visa is not required, you will have sufficient room in the Passport for "upon arrival" stamps or whatever the particular country may decide to impose.

Better be prepared in advance, rather than missing out!! :rolleyes:

It is really easy to get new pages for your passport as I just did it..I went to the US passport agency on line and downloaded the application..I sent it off with a stamped return envelope and within 10 days had it back..NO CHARGE..

Jan

I had 3 blank pages and 3 half stamped. But I did not see that I needed to include a self-addressed envelop. Hope I get them back in time. I'm giving them 15 weeks!

thanks for the info.

Susan

We just got our passport back from The Passport office with 24 new pages.They where mailed to us by Priority Mail. Took 7 days great service.

I sent my passport in to Philadelphia by registered mail on March 4th and received it back last week! I did not include a stamped envelope but did download the form and filled it out. It is very easy!

Thats exactly what we did worked great.

I sent my and my DH's in separate envelopes certified mail on March 13. I just checked both the Post Office website and the Passport website - mine has been processed and is being returned. My DH's just says it was accepted at the PO on the 13th - not delivered - the passport office has no record of it. yikes!!

I received my passport with the extra pages. Still no word on my husband's. The Post Office informed me that they cannot track certified mail so we do not know where the passport is. All I know is that it is not at the Passport office according to their website information. I will give them another few weeks before reporting a lost passport because my DH is too busy, tax season work, to even consider going into the post office to apply for a new passport.

Susan

I received my passport with the extra pages. Still no word on my husband's. The Post Office informed me that they cannot track certified mail so we do not know where the passport is. All I know is that it is not at the Passport office according to their website information. I will give them another few weeks before reporting a lost passport because my DH is too busy, tax season work, to even consider going into the post office to apply for a new passport.

Susan

did you mail it return recept at the same time?

I do not know exactly where the passport was for 10 days, but it has finally been delivered to the passport office in Philly and they have been sending me emails as to its progress through the system. We should receive it back next week with added pages.

I mailed our passports to Philadelphia on March 17th, "return receipt requested". The receipt from USPS was received, but no date shown.

However, yesterday, March 27th, both passports were received from South Carolina, sent by USPS first class - with receipt confirmation tracking .......

All new pages were neatly added in the middle of each passport - and after hearing problems earlier about extreme delays, I think this kind of service is what the public is entitled to! :)

Archived