11 month old and formal night

Ashelleigh

I've seen posts about people buying tuxes for their small children for formal nights. Did anyone dress their child less formal? Can anyone provide pics of good ideas for approximately 11 month old boys for formal nights and other nights in the dining room? We're sailing on the Glory.

We're still trying to determine what would be considered okay.

thanks!

I've seen little boys in dressier fabric shorts with a nice white shirt and a bow tie. I've seen them in tiny suits. I saw one little darling wearing a light blue searsucker suit, with shorts instead of pants. There are lots of things available that would look great on your son. Just saw some cute dressier outfits at Target.

Here's what my son wore at just under 2. The shirt was tucked in until after dinner. It was his Easter outfit - from Children's Place. Just a regular button down shirt and navy linen pants.

IMG_0324.jpg

How adorable! The lit'l man is such a cutie. I love seeing them in suits that young. How I remember dressing my lit'l man in a suit every holiday till he was about 6. As he got older he didn't like the suits so much. Jeans, Jeans & more Jeans.............

Debbie

I've seen alot of parents of boys get little sailor suits for babies on formal night. Nothing is cuter than a baby boy in a little sailor suit. :)

They are all over ebay from $5 - $15

Here's one for 12 months

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boys-Blue-Nautical-Sailor-Jacket-Shorts-Shirt-12-mos_W0QQitemZ290033691188QQihZ019QQcategoryZ57776QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

I still contend that the best outfit, for an infant, for formal night, is foot pajamas, and a babysitter, in the cabin! :D

However, in my other opinion, since you have an infant I think that their cuteness will always draw attention away from whatever they are wearing - so bring them to the dining room in foot pajamas!!! :D

I love the sailor outfits...what a great idea. I need to EBAY shop. We're weird, but we've never had a babysitter other than daycare or grandma. We haven't decided if we're going to utilize baby sitting on the boat or not. Do they offer sitting for the early hours on formal nights?

Cute little sailor suit! Looking forward to our family cruise in August, and looking forward to seeing my grand-babies dressed up. Makenna will be 19 months, and Braden 9 months. My DIL and I have already started looking at some cuite outfits for them to wear not ony to dinner, but especially on the 2 formal nights.

My DH said that this cruise may be the cheapest in the way of excursions since we will be spending lots of time with the babies and not booking trips for each port. I just smiled and told him that yes, our excursion tab may be small...but I have a feeling our photo tab may be a bit higher! :rolleyes:

Thank you all for the advice. I ordered a cute little sailor outfit for him last night. My nephew is in the Navy and is getting married in May, so the outfit will be adorable for the wedding too! :)

He has khakis and shirts, I'll plan taking them for the other nights at dinnertime!

We just came back from a Princess cruise with our 1 year old. On the first formal night he was wearing blue pants and a long sleeved shirt with a blue button-down vest. On the second formal he was just wearing dark denim jeans and a more formal long-sleeved shirt. Don't put them in anything too uncomfortable - yes, it looks good on pictures but then they have to spend 2 hours in those clothes and if they are squirmy you will not have a nice dinner.

Archived