do people go on disney w/o kids?

njsonja

I met a great couple (in their 60's) on the Disney Magic.

It was their 24th Disney Cruise!! I asked if they were traveling with kids/grandkids and they said, "Nope, we don't have kids so we get to spend our money on US!"

I love DCL because:

1.) They enforce the adults only pool and deck area unlike other lines I have been on.

2.) They have Palo which offers amazing food without children.

3.) They have an awesome adults only beach area on their private island, Castaway Cay, where you can relax, get massages and eat without kids.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but everyone needs a little adult time!

I'm looking at trying a different line. Disney is close for us and I'm looking at the 3 day cruise. Which I have never down before.. I'm glad this thread came about. Because I was going to be asking the same thing. My husband and I don't have kids. And being surrounded by Disney theme for a week seems a bit much for me.. But would try it for 3 days and see how it works..

But what does Palo cost and when iis the Fl discounts given?

i'm just curious...

do adult couples go without kids? my kids are grown..

thanks,

s

I would if I could and seeing how my teenage kids are behaving lately, I just might. :rolleyes:

I'm looking at trying a different line. Disney is close for us and I'm looking at the 3 day cruise. Which I have never down before.. I'm glad this thread came about. Because I was going to be asking the same thing. My husband and I don't have kids. And being surrounded by Disney theme for a week seems a bit much for me.. But would try it for 3 days and see how it works..

But what does Palo cost and when iis the Fl discounts given?

Palo's is $15 per person for dinner. Florida discounts are given out normally during the lighter sailing seasons (Jan, Feb, Sept) They usually release that information for the fall right about now. The best suggestion I can make is to find a good TA and have them keep an eye on them for you.

One thing about Disney though. The cruises will NOT get less expensive as you get closer to sail date. You're better off booking now and keeping an eye out for FL resident discounts to come out later. If they do, you can call Disney, and they will apply the discounts to your stateroom after the fact. If you wait for the FL discount, the cruise could increase in price and then, even with the discount, you'll pay more for the cruise.

The cruises will NOT get less expensive as you get closer to sail date.

Unless the ships aren't full. They (Disney) are offering considerably lower rates right now for their Mexican Riviera cruises in June and July compared to what the costs were when the cruise was announced. Wish I had the money and time off...little details.

when we were booked for our DCL cruise last September instead of lowering the prices they sold a lot of cabins to Disney CM's at greatly reduced rates.

Our rates never went down from the time we booked until we sailed and we booked way in advance.

Bill

Our 1st cruise was with Disney and we loved it. The service and food were great and the ship was amazing...the only thing that keeps us from going again is the cost

I would agree. Loved it, the cost though, don't love it. I met loads of adults traveling alone, and a lot of them have only done Disney.

My wife and I are from Scotland and with her being a schoolteacher we are always tied to school holidays. We are in our mid 40's with no kids and to be perfectly honest would never have considered Disney, as we prefer Celebrity. However, after reading the previous posts it just shows how narrow-minded pre-conceived ideas can be and I mean that from my own perspective before anyone else takes offence.

My husband and I did the Disney Magic in 2000 and we had a wonderful time! We requested late dining and had a table with 3 other adult couples. We met other people on board who came with their children and they stated that they never even see their kids because the kids are kept so busy in their "own areas". We hope to do another Disney cruise in the near future!

Archived