do people go on disney w/o kids?

njsonja

DH and I don't have kids and love Disney. In fact we'll be sailing on our 11th DCL cruise in just a few more weeks.

Disney is great for families but they know how to take care of their adult guests as well.

Serenity Bay is beautiful and I love the adult pool.

When is the best time to go on a Disney cruise when you are not cruising with children?

I would say to avoid US holidays (I don't know if you are American or not) and US Spring Break/Summer Break/Xmas Break. I would bet more families with children travel then, because their kids are out of school.

I know this is true with general tourism here in Florida.

I LOVE Disney theme parks, and I went on my first Disney cruise in January with my 82-year-old mom (BIG mistake) and no kids. It was nice, but it wasn't the WOW experience I've had on Royal Caribbean (without my mom and also with fewer stroller kids onboard). Disney does a great job, but the things a lot of adults enjoy: spa, fitness center, adult pool, nightclubs - don't interest me. Palo was very good for brunch, and I'll probably try it for dinner on my next Disney cruise, but I don't see it as a must-do.

My next Disney cruise is the 4-day in December for MouseFest. I'm looking forward to hanging out with non-related adults, and hopefully the stroller brigade won't bug me as much!

Yes, we went last year with all 25+ people. However, some of the parents on board were very annoying, for example, many ignored the "adult only" area and allowed, even encouraged their kids to come in so they could babysit them without the parents having to leave the adult only area. Staffers saw this and did nothing, even after being asked by other adults who really did not want kids around. Also, if you do not enjoy kids and their antics, or should I say parents who could care less what their kids do and think their kids are others responsibility, then do not go on a disney cruise, as the kids were allowed to run around (yes, I saw 7 year olds unsupervised) to do anything they wanted. We were seated next to a group at dinner who allowed their children to run around the table, they knocked into my chair at one point and caused me to spill a drink on myself. Obviously, I did not have a great experience with the kids (or parents not supervising kids) on my cruise, that is not everyone's experience. Overall, the cruise was great and we had a great time, but do be warned, the kids do have control on the ship, it is a Disney cruise!

September and October are good times in that the weather is warm, hurricane season keeps the fares low and the kids are in school.

There is one week in September when Georgia has a break...learned this on our Disney cruise in Sept 07. I was astounded: the number of kids on the ship vs the the number I saw wandering. Practically ZERO. Even though it was loaded with kids, I never felt like there were any on board. Disney knows how to keep the attention of all the age groups and the kids want to be with the other kids. Of course having the 8:30 dinner seating helped with that too! I can't wait to go on our double dipper this year!

We never observed any kids running around loose- the Mouse Patrol is as effective on the ship as in the parks. And most of them are tucked behind the walls on Deck 5 in the various kids labs and other pursuits. They even had a nursery for the babies. I really didn't feel the kids controlled the ship when we went at all. We chose a week that would not be a usual school vacation week- I think it was in March. And we did choose the 8:30 seating which generally eliminates the real youngsters. While I haven't been on Royal Caribbean, I did feel that it was less crowded than the NCL we were on last year.

Absolutely! My husband and I just returned. Our review is posted above. Their is so much to do for adults. Disney does a wonderful job having activities for everyone. There are many adult only activities.

My DH and I don't have kids and were worried they they would be everywhere. It didn't feel that way at all. We were quite comfortable and enjoyed ourselves.

While swimming in the adults only pool (thank you Disney for enforcing this!!) I chatted with a husband and wife that are childless and it was their 23 Disney cruise!!! I asked if they would please adopt me, LOL!!

CM's were really good about this on my trip. There was only once when a family decided their kids were "special" and could still play/run around in the area (apparently they mistakenly thought as long as the kids weren't IN the pool they were fine) and a CM politely swept them out.

I was pleased.

Back In January, Myself (18) went with two of my friends (18 and 19) and had the time of our lives.

I picked disney because there are only two major lines that will let 18+ year olds share a cabin without someone older. The other being princess, but I didn't know until I had put a down payment down.

I've been on the Disney Cruise several times with and without kids. I would have no problem recommending it for a couple but I would limit my recommendation to the 3 or 4 day cruise only. There are adult only areas on the ship and Serenity Bay on Castaway Cay is beautiful (if you don't have children with you the famiy beach at Castaway Cay is to be avoided). Palos is the best speciality restaurant I have been to on any cruise line and almost justifies the cruise on its own. That being said, as much as I enjoy Disney, I am an adult and I think 7 days of "pixie dust" is too much for me. Pirate night? Come on. The entertainment, while very good, is definately kid oriented. The dining rooms are crowded. Even at late seating there are a lot of little kids, and they make their presence known. For a 3 day getaway, DCL is great. Have gone before and would love to go again (particularly when those Florida resident rates are available) but for a 7 day cruise, or longer, when its just the Wife and I, I prefer Celebrity.

We did 2 DCl and now 2 Celebrity and I am just now having second thoughts about our upcoming DCL cruise. We loved all the quiet places we found on Celebrity, I am afraid we won't find them on DCL! I just talked over my fears with my husband and he said "Double Dip"! "Palo"! I think I will be all right, but sometimes I second guess our decision.

We did 2 DCl and now 2 Celebrity and I am just now having second thoughts about our upcoming DCL cruise. We loved all the quiet places we found on Celebrity, I am afraid we won't find them on DCL! I just talked over my fears with my husband and he said "Double Dip"! "Palo"! I think I will be all right, but sometimes I second guess our decision.

If you've done 2 DCL... why would you have fears? Don't you already know exactly what to expect and where to go?

Disney cruises are amazing! I am 29 and took my 60year old mom on one...everything was top of the line...service, cleanliness, food, etc... If you love Disney...the Disney cruise only enhances your love of it. I am leaving on a cruise on RCL in 2 weeks and I hope the experience is a fraction of what the Disney experience is. It costs more, but it is worth every penny! I am contemplating on going on one for my 30th alone.. I felt 100% safe! Hope this helps!

Disney cruises are amazing! I am 29 and took my 60year old mom on one...everything was top of the line...service, cleanliness, food, etc... If you love Disney...the Disney cruise only enhances your love of it. I am leaving on a cruise on RCL in 2 weeks and I hope the experience is a fraction of what the Disney experience is. It costs more, but it is worth every penny! I am contemplating on going on one for my 30th alone.. I felt 100% safe! Hope this helps!

After reading these, thinking I'll sign up for a Disney Cruise !!!

Without reading any of the replies - in a word - UH HUH!!

DH and I went last year with my parents for both of our anniversaries. None of us is even under 30!:D It was the first cruise for all of us and we could not have been more pleased save for it being longer!

After reading these, thinking I'll sign up for a Disney Cruise !!!

Go for it!! You will not regret it. Word of advice...if you go in November the price is great....and we had excellent weather. We left the Thursday after Thanksgiving...GREAT PRICING!

I'm glad to read all this. I have my first Disney Cruise booked with two DD and three Grandchildren other friends and family. I really wasn't looking forward to the cruise. After the last three cruises I've been on, I'd had it with other peoples little darlings. You have all given me hope:D

I'm glad to read all this. I have my first Disney Cruise booked with two DD and three Grandchildren other friends and family. I really wasn't looking forward to the cruise. After the last three cruises I've been on, I'd had it with other peoples little darlings. You have all given me hope:D

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Somehow I think they take all the kids and hide them in a closet for the week. Saw very few of them all week when my wife and I went last September.:)

Bill

We're cruising on the Magic again next year. It will be DH, myself, and our son who will be 23 at the time. We like the atmosphere on DCL--it's less "party" oriented and a little lower key than many other lines, and we love the cabin layout--it really works well for our family.

So yes, definitely adults without little ones cruise DCL. :)

You betcha! My wife and I have been on two W. Caribbean in '04 & '05 and she is taking a 4 day with a group next August. We are now cruising on a different line that is of a different nature, but she gets the Disney fever in addition to going to WDW every December including me this year.

Archived