Miami Hotels

luvbrady

Okay- I know this has been asked and answered 1000x, but..... Looking for a family friendly hotel in Miami the night before our cruise. We'll have the kids with us, so while it doesn't need to be a palace, we'd like something at least neat and clean.

We're hoping for something with some sort of shuttle service to the docks- complimentary or otherwise.... Any thougths???

Thanks in advance.....CAN'T WAIT TO SAIL.....

Okay- I know this has been asked and answered 1000x, but..... Looking for a family friendly hotel in Miami the night before our cruise. We'll have the kids with us, so while it doesn't need to be a palace, we'd like something at least neat and clean.

We're hoping for something with some sort of shuttle service to the docks- complimentary or otherwise.... Any thougths???

Thanks in advance.....CAN'T WAIT TO SAIL.....

This is the one I stay at. There is no shuttle, but the cabs are not that expensive because you are right across the bridge from the ships. You can ask for a van for the whole family and they will call you one. ;)

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there twice and will always stay there when sailing from Miami. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested. I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in a September.

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/...questid=810278

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

OH! I am soooooooo glad this was asked! :p

I would love some reasonably-prices suggestions, too. We don't need anything fancy... just clean and (ideally) close to airport and dock.

We cruise in January out of Miami, and I am just dying over how expensive the hotels are there. And also, I think there might be something going on in Miami that weekend (Jan. 9) because a LOT of the hotels are already FULL!!! :eek:

Please keep those suggestions coming!!! :)

ETA: When I clicked on the link for the Holiday Inn mentioned above (in Post #2), it shows the lowest price for the night we need is $203!!! YIKES, that's a little out of my budget! Wah, wah!!!

Go here to the Florida Departures part of the board. There you will have a chance to read and ask all about the hotels in Miami. Chances are this post will end up being moved over to there anyway. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Alexis,

Thank you! As you can see, I'm just a newbie to these boards, and haven't *found* everything yet. Thank you so much for the info. I'll go over there right now! :)

OH! I am soooooooo glad this was asked! :p

I would love some reasonably-prices suggestions, too. We don't need anything fancy... just clean and (ideally) close to airport and dock.

We cruise in January out of Miami, and I am just dying over how expensive the hotels are there. And also, I think there might be something going on in Miami that weekend (Jan. 9) because a LOT of the hotels are already FULL!!! :eek:

Please keep those suggestions coming!!! :)

ETA: When I clicked on the link for the Holiday Inn mentioned above (in Post #2), it shows the lowest price for the night we need is $203!!! YIKES, that's a little out of my budget! Wah, wah!!!

Try bidding on a 3 star hotel in Downtown Miami on Priceline. The last three times we did so, our bid of $60 per night was accepted and we stayed at the Radisson (which recently became a Hilton). It is on Biscayne Boulevard, right next to the Marriott Biscayne Bay and has great views of the ships in the harbor and is only a short People Mover or cab ride away from Bayside Marketplace. In the past by bidding for a 3star hotel in downtown Miami we have also gotten the Marriott and the Hyatt Regency Downtown Miami at prices about a third or so of the rate their website shows.:) If your bid is accepted they will let you know what hotel you won, but the amount that you bid is non-refundable. Given the hotels that we have won with our bids, that was a non-issue.:)

I found a great rate at the Miami Hilton near the airport last fall. Beautiful property on a peninsula overlooking a lagoon. Tropical pool to lounge away the morning. I agree with the cab route, 25 from anywhere, no waiting. Good luck.

We did the Priceline thing last trip from Miami Dec, 07, and got the Radisson (did someone say it's a Hilton now?) for $59/night. It was great for the price and we would not hesitate to stay there again. The money we saved there was spent at Joe's Stone Crab on South Beach. We usually stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay but enjoyed saving the extra $200+ per night, imho

We did the Priceline thing last trip from Miami Dec, 07, and got the Radisson (did someone say it's a Hilton now?) for $59/night. It was great for the price and we would not hesitate to stay there again. The money we saved there was spent at Joe's Stone Crab on South Beach. We usually stay at the Marriott Biscayne Bay but enjoyed saving the extra $200+ per night, imho

Yes, sometime after we stayed there in December, the hotel changed over from Radisson to the Hilton brand. Supposedly there have been renovations made since the changeover and I guess we will see what they were when we arrive at the end of the month.:) Really can't beat the price. When I checked the Hilton site, they were asking over $190 for a room on the date we will be there, so Priceline is a true bargain.

Don't worry about a shuttle--taxis are affordable and much faster than the shuttles!

Totally agree.

Also, the time of year is important.

Thanksgiving, Christmas through April, Food & Wine Festival, Art Basel, Boat Show, and other city wide events have a huge impact on hotel prices.

Archived