Fuel Surcharge

BcIcemen

Better take a look at this article... Even one of the big Investment Bankers think the fuel surcharge disclosure has existed in Carnival's contract for years.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Article.aspx?id=170570

Appears to me that the agreement Carnival made with the Floriga AG trumps any wording in their passenger contract!!!!

That's why you don't want to "Bump" up a post. Posts that go to the second and third page is because there is no longer any interest the thread... no one has anything more to add.

Sorry if I offended anyone but it seems like more people responded after the bump than before, so there must be interest. I see a lot of nonsense post as replies(people responding things like LOL, IMHP and stupid things like that).

Some people do not have all day to stay on the site and questions or post of impotance should be bumped up.

Who cares about a dinner menu or the capers for a cruise on the same ship that is 3 months away

Sorry if I offended anyone but it seems like more people responded after the bump than before, so there must be interest. I see a lot of nonsense post as replies(people responding things like LOL, IMHP and stupid things like that).

Some people do not have all day to stay on the site and questions or post of impotance should be bumped up.

Who cares about a dinner menu or the capers for a cruise on the same ship that is 3 months away

Its not a matter of offending any of us, its a matter of breaking the forum rules as was posted. I posted the word bump and asked if there was more news and had a host chastise me for breaking the forum rules.

If you dont mind a host coming down on your next time, then break the rules.... it your decision.

i booked OV GTY and it came to 829.44, $40 cheaper than icruise or the carnival web site. i went back and checked the homepage and it said the surcharge was included in the taxes and fees. and i did book the ins. had to use it once a few yrs ago and wouldn't sail without it. doing the booking dance now.....woo hooo

i booked OV GTY and it came to 829.44, $40 cheaper than icruise or the carnival web site. i went back and checked the homepage and it said the surcharge was included in the taxes and fees. and i did book the ins. had to use it once a few yrs ago and wouldn't sail without it. doing the booking dance now.....woo hooo

Me too, me too, I just booked the Voyager for next Sunday out of Galveston. Dancing all over the apt, we got a OV too. Almost done with all the online paperwork, except for parking. whoooo hooo. guess all this running around in here has a name, called the booking dance.

Im not sure why you are bumping this. Carnival has not agreed to refund the surcharges on cruises booked before the surcharge was announced. There is no other news other than folks who are repeating what Carnival reps have been told to say. "they are still in talks with the FL AG".

Until the talks end, which probably arent something to expect in less than 24 hours like your bump suggests Id guess, no one is going to be able to give you any other information other than posting they would like the money back.

I didnt know you became a moderator...congrads!

thats not what I said, I said I got chastised by a moderator for putting the word "bump" in my post. Frankly, I didnt know it was against the rules until I got yelled at.

Thanks for trying to save me a scolding!!:)

Don't get too excited :D about the possibility of Carnival rebating the previous fuel surcharge - Check out this quote for the "Cruise Ticket Contract Terms" in the "Legal Notices" section of www.carnival.com :rolleyes:

(d) Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplement charges. “Fuel supplement” shall mean any additional charge to defray a portion of Carnival’s fuel costs. Carnival reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement charge without prior notice. The amount of fuel supplements and government fees and taxes are subject to change and Carnival reserves the right to pass through to the Guests (including fully paid and deposited guests) any increases in such items. :mad:

So it sounds like even if Carnival has to reimburse for not properly notifying passengers about the prior fuel surcharge, Carnival has legally left the door open for future fuel surcharges - without notice! :eek:

Don't get too excited :D about the possibility of Carnival rebating the previous fuel surcharge - Check out this quote for the "Cruise Ticket Contract Terms" in the "Legal Notices" section of www.carnival.com :rolleyes:

(d) Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplement charges. “Fuel supplement” shall mean any additional charge to defray a portion of Carnival’s fuel costs. Carnival reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement charge without prior notice. The amount of fuel supplements and government fees and taxes are subject to change and Carnival reserves the right to pass through to the Guests (including fully paid and deposited guests) any increases in such items. :mad:

So it sounds like even if Carnival has to reimburse for not properly notifying passengers about the prior fuel surcharge, Carnival has legally left the door open for future fuel surcharges - without notice! :eek:

Maybe, maybe not. If you search on surcharge (if it's working anyway) you will find quite a few threads with the terms from a few different people's paperwork. Carnival did indeed change the wording, at what point I am not sure. Was it right or wrong? The Ag will have to decide it.

All we can do is wait and hope. If they refund, great, if not oh well.

has everyone filled a complaint with the florida attorney general over the fuel surcharge? it only takes a few minutes to do and the more people that do it the more pressure the ag can apply. here is the online link:

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact

Thanks for the link. I used it this evening.

So what would this have to do with those of us who booked before Carnival added this. This was added and now you have to click to agree to it after they added the surcharge. Doesnt apply to me, it wasnt there when I booked imo. My cruises havent come up yet so I still have not clicked to agree to these brand new terms Carnival added to cover themselves.

So what would this have to do with those of us who booked before Carnival added this. This was added and now you have to click to agree to it after they added the surcharge. Doesnt apply to me, it wasnt there when I booked imo. My cruises havent come up yet so I still have not clicked to agree to these brand new terms Carnival added to cover themselves.

Had you already completed your FunPass before Carnival added that requirement? I did not check the box to agree to the new terms and I did not reprint my boarding pass. Nothing was said at check-in and I didn't sign anything else.

It shouldn't matter if you've agreed to it (under duress) when Florida's Attorney General forces Carnival to make it right.

Had you already completed your FunPass before Carnival added that requirement? I did not check the box to agree to the new terms and I did not reprint my boarding pass. Nothing was said at check-in and I didn't sign anything else.

It shouldn't matter if you've agreed to it (under duress) when Florida's Attorney General forces Carnival to make it right.

I wasnt saying that it would affect the outcome, just that I personally feel better not having agreed to the new terms for 2 or 3 booked Carnival cruises.

My point was people who havent been following the discussion whatsoever who post terms Carnival added after they added the fuel surcharge as if they were there all along and then saying to us, see the terms you are out of luck as if they think they get it.

thats not what I said, I said I got chastised by a moderator for putting the word "bump" in my post. Frankly, I didnt know it was against the rules until I got yelled at.

You didnt get it...lol...You said you got chastised by a moderator. Then you turned around not being a moderator and chastised someone else. That the moderators job. I think your just angry at Carnival as alot of people are and yes its the principle of the thing. I also booked before the surcharge and think since I paid a deposit I should be exempt. I would love 70.00 OBC but it wont make it or break for me either way. I honestly thought Carnival would of refunded the money before RC.

You didnt get it...lol...You said you got chastised by a moderator. Then you turned around not being a moderator and chastised someone else. That the moderators job. I think your just angry at Carnival as alot of people are and yes its the principle of the thing. I also booked before the surcharge and think since I paid a deposit I should be exempt. I would love 70.00 OBC but it wont make it or break for me either way. I honestly thought Carnival would of refunded the money before RC.

Who is angry?? Not me, maybe you are??

Bigger things in my life than this to get upset over. Its just a topic of discussion, sorry you dont like how I post.

Besides Im leaving on a cruise Sunday. No, not on Carnival, and not becuase Im mad at them, I wanted to try out Voyager and grabbed my chance to book last minute and yep Im paying a fuel surcharge.

I honestly thought Carnival would of refunded the money before RC.

Why would you ever think that? Carnival's new CEO is an accountant and probably much more bottom line driven than publicity driven and the overall bad press on this thing is pretty minor. I would imagine the Carnival CEO (Cahill) sees the fight with the Florida AG as nothing more than business. I think there will either be a settlement or the AG will go after refunds and fines. At this point, I'm not counting on seeing my $80 for quite some time and not expecting to see OBC on my trip in late April.

I paid the $5.00 and got on with my cruise! Did I think it was right the way it was handled ? No! I did spend alot less money on the ship. So in reality I got my fuel surcharge back! I think they should all just add it to the price and be done with it. They don't want to do that, they want to low ball you then have added fee's sort of like car dealers with thier dealer fee's!

Why would you ever think that? Carnival's new CEO is an accountant and probably much more bottom line driven than publicity driven and the overall bad press on this thing is pretty minor. I would imagine the Carnival CEO (Cahill) sees the fight with the Florida AG as nothing more than business. I think there will either be a settlement or the AG will go after refunds and fines. At this point, I'm not counting on seeing my $80 for quite some time and not expecting to see OBC on my trip in late April.

Cahill is only a pawn to Mickey. It wasn't Carnival Cruise Lines that created the the surcharge but rather the Carnival Corporation.

Buckelew (CEO of Princess) is also the CFO, one could argue that he had as much pull as Cahill in the creation of the surcharge.

Archived