All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Ok, please excuse these "stupid" questions, but we have only been on 2 cruises, and both of those were Disney. Disney had the beverage station where you got your own free drinks.

1.Where do you go to get something free to drink--water, coffee, etc.

2. If you buy the soda card, where can you get the soda?

3. If you order room service, do you tip them?

4. If I bring my own travel mug, can I get that filled with coffee? Or my own water bottle and get that filled with water?

5. What beverages are free? water, coffee, tea?

another stupid question, are most of the quick eating places on the promenade (spelling?) or are there places near the pools were you can get things like fruit and pizza and sandwiches without going into windjammer.

Thank you in advance for all your help! Thank you, thank you!

Tammy

4. If I bring my own travel mug, can I get that filled with coffee? Or my own water bottle and get that filled with water?

another stupid question, are most of the quick eating places on the promenade (spelling?) or are there places near the pools were you can get things like fruit and pizza and sandwiches without going into windjammer.

Tammy

Tap water is free - bottled water is not. Tap water can be obtained in your cabin or Windjammer (the buffet on the pool deck). All other free drinks (juice, punch, tea, coffee) is available inside the Windjammer.

Soda can be had at any of the bars.

Typically you tip the person bringing you your order $1 or $2. However, between midnight and 5:00am there is a $3.95 charge for room service.

Ok, please excuse these "stupid" questions, but we have only been on 2 cruises, and both of those were Disney. Disney had the beverage station where you got your own free drinks.

Tammy

There is a water fountain/cooler in the fitness center and a couple of fountains on deck ;one near the jogging track;also water in the Windjammer and Cafe Promanade. They say you can drink the tap water, but sometimes it doesn,t taste so good .

I just book FOS for April 2010. I know it is a VERY long way off :( but I am still excited. We will be driving to Port Canaveral so does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay the night before the cruise? Thanks

Cocoa Beach, just south of the port.

I just book FOS for April 2010. I know it is a VERY long way off :( but I am still excited. We will be driving to Port Canaveral so does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay the night before the cruise? Thanks

Depends on how adventurous you are :) You could play it safe and stay in Cocoa and hit the beach ( a few miles from the port), or --

Stay in Orlando and hit the parks. This is the adventurous part -- be sure to make it to the pier the next day!!

Depends on how adventurous you are :) You could play it safe and stay in Cocoa and hit the beach ( a few miles from the port), or --

Stay in Orlando and hit the parks. This is the adventurous part -- be sure to make it to the pier the next day!!

Think we want to stay close to the port. We will be driving and it takes about 10-12 hours so will be getting in later in the evening the night before the cruise. Anyone stay at the country inn and suites? It is close to the pier and I was wondering if you can see the ships from there.

Think we want to stay close to the port. We will be driving and it takes about 10-12 hours so will be getting in later in the evening the night before the cruise. Anyone stay at the country inn and suites? It is close to the pier and I was wondering if you can see the ships from there.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in December and definitely were able to see the ships from our room. We were on the 4th floor facing the Port. It was really cool - we watched a couple of ships pulling out. We plan to stay there again when we sail in October.

we are sailing out of port canaveral in november on freedom.

we have only sailed out of miami and have arrived at the pier pretty early, around 10:30-11:00. will we be able to start the boarding process this early in port canaveral?

i know if customs is held up with the passengers disembarking that we will have to wait but if everyhthing is going fine can we start the process that early?

thank you:)

we are sailing out of port canaveral in november on freedom.

we have only sailed out of miami and have arrived at the pier pretty early, around 10:30-11:00. will we be able to start the boarding process this early in port canaveral?

i know if customs is held up with the passengers disembarking that we will have to wait but if everyhthing is going fine can we start the process that early?

thank you:)

If would appear you answered your own question.

actually, i did not answer my own question. i know there can be holdups with customs, what i was asking was if there were not any custom issues do they start boarding you right away in port canaveral like they do in miami.

thank you.

actually, i did not answer my own question. i know there can be holdups with customs, what i was asking was if there were not any custom issues do they start boarding you right away in port canaveral like they do in miami.

thank you.

We were allowed to board early on the Mariner when she was in Port Canaveral. I'm assuming Freedom will be the same (hoping!). :) I'm sure we'll read about it on CC if this is not the case once the Freedom arrives at PC.

We stayed at the Radisson in 2003. I was nice (like a holiday inn). They were very nice and provided transportation to the port and free parking for the week. Also, check to see if there are any NASA launches while your there. We were lucky enough to see a rocket blast off. It was amazing!!!!!!!!

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson at the port? We'll be on the Freedom in September/October and it looks like Radisson is the closest

Hi! I just thought I'd pop in to read this thread. We are hoping to go on the freedom in 2010 after our dream cruise!

The Radisson is 1/4 - 1/2 mile from the port. :D

thank you.

Boarding begins when the ship is ready for the new passengers. If the ship is ready early, then boarding begins early. If the ship is ready on time, then boarding begins on time. If the ship is ready late, then boarding begins late.