All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Do I really have to wear a suit?:D ;)

Is the CL and the Diamond Club different?:confused: I thought that all Diamond/Diamond Plus members can use the CL whether or not they are in a suite. (We're in a JS...I know that doesn't count as a suite)

I believe the poster meant "suite" but forgot the "e".

Freedom has both a concierge lounge and a diamond lounge. The diamond lounge is behind Olive and Twist on Deck 14(?). Sorry, they ask that you not remove any glassware or drinks from the lounge. You are welcome to enjoy your beverages and hor d'oeuvres only in the lounge.

Do the Freedom class Jumbos and the Voyager class XL's dock or tender? We travel with 3 to 5 couples and two people are handicapped. Tendering is very difficult for them.
The answer is yes. The question of docking or tendering is not ship specific - it is port specific. For example, the ships will dock in Jamaica and tender in Grand Cayman.

I believe the poster meant "suite" but forgot the "e".

I know...that's why I winked!:D

Freedom has both a concierge lounge and a diamond lounge. The diamond lounge is behind Olive and Twist on Deck 14(?). Sorry, they ask that you not remove any glassware or drinks from the lounge. You are welcome to enjoy your beverages and hor d'oeuvres only in the lounge.

Thanks for the reply...I'll just purchase a latte if my balcony is where I want to be. But I'm sure we will enjoy the lounge as well:)

We were in Grand Suite 1268 on the 4/1/2007 FOS cruise. Here are some of my suite photos since someone (MoneyLady?) was asking for GS pictures.

Balcony (With view of hot tub above and position on ship above where the person is standing and first yellow angle)

2569119090103236660S500x500Q85.jpg 2905846450103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

2915118030103236660S500x500Q85.jpg 2174967800103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

Hello,

Rather than dwell on the many problems on my recent 8/31"Hurricane Cruise on FOS" I want to elaborate on all the hard working crew members who really represent RCCLI on a daily basis. From my room steward, to all the Dining room staff, I find peole who are always working long hard days to keep us cruisers happy and well taken care of. While dining in Portofino, yum!! My server explained to me that alot of crew members are also helping to support there families back home. The reason I mention this is for people to consider this when tipping. Whereas young people here in the States work for themselves which is also admirable, these fine young people from the FOS are helping there families back home. BTW Portofino was great, my friend actually had the Filet which was the biggest, and thickest Filet that I had ever seen. The 20 dollar charge is cerainly worth it. For the negatives I will answer any questions, or post a review when I can write it in a more distanced objective way.

Peace,

lance 32:)

• 4 weeks later...

Whew! I finally read all 27 pages of this thread. It took me most of the morning. What a wealth of information this thread is! I also am an obsessive planner and have gotten so much useful info today.

My husband and I are sailing FOS on 9/6/09. We went on our first cruise on the Sovereign last month. We are really looking forward to the Freedom. I think it will be interesting going from the smallest RCCL ship to the largest (at least for now). What a change that will be. We are also excited about having a balcony. We will be in an E2 stateroom (6314)

Hi! My husband, 5 1/2 year old (who will be 6 1/2 at the time of sailling - it's so far away:( ) and I, along with my sister and her son just booked FOS for nov1, 2009. For anybody who has done the rock climb - do you wear your own sneakers, or hikers, or do they have special shoes? I have never done this, but I want to take advantage of the wall. Also, shorts or pants? Thanks so much, Carol

At the rock wall they provide you with shoes, you have to bring socks. You can wear shorts, just make sure the clothing is dry. They also provide a helmet and harness of course. My hubby just did this on Thursday and loved it. I am afraid of heights, so it was not for me.

Whew! I finally read all 27 pages of this thread. It took me most of the morning. What a wealth of information this thread is! I also am an obsessive planner and have gotten so much useful info today.

My husband and I are sailing FOS on 9/6/09. We went on our first cruise on the Sovereign last month. We are really looking forward to the Freedom. I think it will be interesting going from the smallest RCCL ship to the largest (at least for now). What a change that will be. We are also excited about having a balcony. We will be in an E2 stateroom (6314)

Like you our 1st cruise was aboard Majesty(Sovereigns sister) back in '06 and our next will also be on Freedom 4/12/09 with a balc. as well. I am sure that we will make thru without being too overwhelmed :D

Hi! My husband, 5 1/2 year old (who will be 6 1/2 at the time of sailling - it's so far away:( ) and I, along with my sister and her son just booked FOS for nov1, 2009. For anybody who has done the rock climb - do you wear your own sneakers, or hikers, or do they have special shoes? I have never done this, but I want to take advantage of the wall. Also, shorts or pants? Thanks so much, Carol
Yes, you can wear your own shoes. Shorts or long pants, whichever you are most comfortable in.

Thanks for the info about the wall! I know it's pretty early to be asking, but, now I can think about other questions to ask:) . I plan on "getting out there" as much as I can, and trying new things. Now if I can only get my husband on the canopy tours!!

Just had to cancel. I found out that my DD GS camp is right smack dab in the middle of the Back to Back I had booked. Ughh!!! Hope you guys have a great time. I think we are going to book a JULY cruise and maybe do Alaska instead. Not sure. I am sad to me leaving.:(

I just booked two cabins for my mother, myself, and my DS, BIL, and nephew. It's meant to be a surprise for nephew's 10th birthday, and his first cruise. I was torn between FOS and the under-construction Carnival Dream. We've cruised RCI several times, and know we like it, so we stayed loyal to royal. Have never sailed on Carnival.

I started a roll call for our sailing, but so far no one has joined me. Anybody going with us??

We are considering booking the FOS for Sept 2009. Having never sailed RCCL before, I have a few questions:

If you ask for soda in the dining room, is there a charge? If so, if I buy the soda card, does that take care of soda in the dining room?

I think I read somewhere that the room service menu is all cold items. Is there a place I can get french fries (DD is very picky, and it's just easier if we know we can get her french fries if there is nothing else that she wants)?

How long do you really have to wait for a tender for Labadee? What is the best time to line up to not have to wait more than 15 minutes (or is that possible)?

Are there different times for the shows at night? On Disney, there are 2 different show times. If you eat at the early seating, you go to the late show, and vice versa. Is it like that on RCCL? If not, then what dining time would permit us to see the shows?

We are considering booking the FOS for Sept 2009. Having never sailed RCCL before, I have a few questions:

If you ask for soda in the dining room, is there a charge? If so, if I buy the soda card, does that take care of soda in the dining room?

I think I read somewhere that the room service menu is all cold items. Is there a place I can get french fries (DD is very picky, and it's just easier if we know we can get her french fries if there is nothing else that she wants)?

How long do you really have to wait for a tender for Labadee? What is the best time to line up to not have to wait more than 15 minutes (or is that possible)?

Are there different times for the shows at night? On Disney, there are 2 different show times. If you eat at the early seating, you go to the late show, and vice versa. Is it like that on RCCL? If not, then what dining time would permit us to see the shows?

If I recall correctly you do have to pay for soda in the dinning room, UNLESS you have a soda card.

I have never ordered from room service, so I don't know if the menu is only cold items. However, you can get 24 hour pizza at Sorrento's (deck five, Royal Promenade - forward, starboard side). I don't recall if they have French Fries.

The early tenders to Labadee had no line both times I went. It is the mid morning tenders that can get really busy. However, Royal Caribbean is going to build a dock which will eliminate that problem. I'm not sure of the completion date, but likely before the Oasis calls there.

Yes, there are two shows at night. One for the early dinner seating and one for the late dinner seating.

• 2 weeks later...