All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Travel Guy--

Yes, the sports deck (Wipe out bar) was open on departing day. I think they open at 3:00 p.m. and then close long enough for the muster drill and then open it back up. Go at 3:00 p.m. if you can, I didn't have to wait in a line to sign my son up for private lessons. However, I went back at 5:30 p.m to sign his waiver (he wasn't with me at 3 p.m.) and I had to wait about 20 minutes.

Well, this is very unfortunate thing about Webshots - it is not very share friendly. I tried a few different tricks and I could not produce a readable printout. I should point out that I am a premium member of Webshots (not just a free member).

I use Picassa, better resolution. I put my Compasses from March up there and they print out very legibly. Link in Sig.

I use Picassa, better resolution. I put my Compasses from March up there and they print out very legibly. Link in Sig.

Thanks for the link ...... very nicely done.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone here done the scuba training on Freedom? ..:confused: ... I'm thinking about it and would love to hear what you have to say about it. Thanks! :)

We will be on the Freedom in March of 09. My question is for signing up my kids (13 and 16) for the flow rider. If I understand right, I need to be there with them to sign a release. Is this release good for the entire cruise?

Yes the waiver is good for the whole cruise. You just want to make sure that you have the wristband necessary for that day on when you ride it

Hi there! I'm brand new to this site and have already found this thread to be extremely helpful. I have a few questions for you veterens, if you can spare a minute.

My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon on 04.05.09, FOS Eastern Caribbean. This will be the first cruise for the both of us, and we are ridiculously excited.

We aren't planning to book it until around December...is this too late? I see so many people booked their cruises over a year out. Will there be rooms left in December?

Also, will the prices be higher? We live in Florida, about two hours from the port, so naturally we won't be needing airfare. I know that airfare rates rise when you get closer to the date, but will the cruise prices go up?

Any help with this...and any tips would be appreciated!!

:)

Hi there! I'm brand new to this site and have already found this thread to be extremely helpful. I have a few questions for you veterens, if you can spare a minute.

My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon on 04.05.09, FOS Eastern Caribbean. This will be the first cruise for the both of us, and we are ridiculously excited.

We aren't planning to book it until around December...is this too late? I see so many people booked their cruises over a year out. Will there be rooms left in December?

Also, will the prices be higher? We live in Florida, about two hours from the port, so naturally we won't be needing airfare. I know that airfare rates rise when you get closer to the date, but will the cruise prices go up?

If you definitely want that date you should book it now. You only need to put a deposit down. You pay the full amount about 75 days from your sailing date. If you don't book now you could be unpleasantly surprised if:

a. That sailing is sold out.

b. That sailing does not have a cabin in a category / location that you would like...

As PattyG12 mentioned, since this is your first cruise you may want a cabin location mid-ship if available.

RA

Hello and WELCOME! :)

I too recommend putting a deposit down for your date. This will ensure you have a cabin category that you want in a location you want it. Although you can't predict the pricing (unfortunately), it isn't unusual for prices to go up - or down. On a GREAT note, if you book now (and pay the deposit only), then you can check the price of your cruise on a daily basis and see if the price has decreased (we call it a "price drop" around here). If you see a price drop, then you can call RCCL (or your travel agent) and have them reduce the price. They'll do this as many times as you call up to final payment (and sometimes after).

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

If you know you which date you want to leave on, then I would book now. If prices go down, you can always ask to be rebooked at the new lower price. If prices go up, you can keep the old lower rate. However, if you wait and prices go up, then you cannot ask to be booked at the old lower rate.

Since the date you are looking at is the week before Easter, you might find that this is a very popular time to cruise and thus it is likely that prices will only go up. I am booked on a different ship for that same date and the price has gone up since I booked. The fuel supplement has also gone up since I booked.

Remember, until the date that final payment is due, you deposit is fully refundable.

Hi! I have tried to search this thread but it's not coming back with any info for me so I was hoping you could help. Sorry if this has been asked before. We are booking the Freedom for next July and I wanted to know which side docks towards the port in St Thomas, St Maarten and Cocoa Cay? On the Adventure, the port side faced the port on all stops but St Maarten I think. We would like to book a balcony on the same side the ship docks to enjoy the view. Thanks for any help!

Hi! I have tried to search this thread but it's not coming back with any info for me so I was hoping you could help. Sorry if this has been asked before. We are booking the Freedom for next July and I wanted to know which side docks towards the port in St Thomas, St Maarten and Cocoa Cay? On the Adventure, the port side faced the port on all stops but St Maarten I think. We would like to book a balcony on the same side the ship docks to enjoy the view. Thanks for any help!

Cocoa Cay does not have a dock. In St. Thomas most likely the ship will dock with the starboard side facing the dock. However, if the captain decides to back in, the port side will face the dock. In St. Martin it is 50/50. Ships tie up on both sides of the dock, so either side could be facing the dock. Also, sometimes the ships back in.

St. Thomas ...

WITW-II.jpg

StThomasIV.jpg

As you can see, in the top photo the last ship backed in. In the bottom photo all three ships are docked facing the same way.

St. Maarten ...

WITW-I.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

In the bottom photo, the ship on the far right backed in.

I will add that it pays to book ahead. I made my reservation in July of 06 , and the same D1 is now $500 per person more than it was then. Heading into the final countdown after 500 day wait.

I noticed your reveiw from the bottom of your post. Great idea, to have a group of people to give reveiws of the cruise. I enjoyed reading them.

Suzy

Thanks for the tips, guys and gals! I didn't know that you're able to put down a deposit. I thought I had to pay the whole balance up front! Goes to show how much I know...

We'll be putting down our deposit by the end of the week! I couldn't be more excited. From all I've read, FOS seems like a pretty rockin boat.

I'll be on FOS November 2nd going to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. This will be my husband and I's second cruise (we were on Serenade in January 2007 which was port heavy - 5 ports in 7 days), so it will be nice to sit on deck and relax for some days. We've booked Portofino's for Thursday (I believe this is the second formal night) for a special dinner. We went in January and really enjoyed ourselves. We had a table for two right next to the window and were able to watch the sunset as we dined. Being married to an Italian, he was very impressed with the food at Portofino's, so I'd recommend it to anyone that was thinking about it.

We are very much looking forward to the cruise. It's our first vacation since January 2007, so it's very much needed!!

Hey lady we will boarding FOS as you are disembarking so please take good acre of her and please be sure to join the baclony club(if applies) since it will be your Honeymoon

Hey lady we will boarding FOS as you are disembarking so please take good acre of her and please be sure to join the baclony club(if applies) since it will be your Honeymoon

I promise we'll take good care of her! I can't say the same for all the spring breakers...:eek:

As far as the balcony club...it's a sure thing. LOL

We paid our deposit earlier this week. We're in cabin 9612. Anyone know if that's a good location for first timers?

Hello FOS folks! It looks like we may end up on this wonderful ship for the 12/27/09 Western Trip. We're still hammering out some of the details, but I hope to be booked in a week or so.

Thanks for all of the great information and reviews throughout this thread. I can't wait to start the planning (and waiting).

I promise we'll take good care of her! I can't say the same for all the spring breakers...:eek:

As far as the balcony club...it's a sure thing. LOL

We paid our deposit earlier this week. We're in cabin 9612. Anyone know if that's a good location for first timers?

If you pay attention to where you want to go 9612 is a great starting place for the foward or aft stairs/elevators. Of course any ship cabin is better than any motel room ..:D ... even a Holiday Inn Express :p Enjoy :)

How risky is the Flowrider? DH wants to do this (he's 49 and fit) but I keep picturing him hobbling around the ship on crutches, with me doing everything for him:eek:

He says he's not going to stand, just do the boogey board thing...but I know him better than that! (He has bungey corded, and jumped out of planes numerous times)

Am I going to be an orthopedic nurse on my anniversary cruise???