All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Hi Everyone:

Since I haven't sailed on a Freedom class ship yet, I have a few questions regarding aft cabins. I hope someone can help me out.

Cabins:

JS ~ 7712, 7714, 1414, 7412, 1706, 1406.

D1 ~ 1700, 1702, 1704, 1404, 1402, 1400.

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins? If so... do you have any pictures?

What's the view like from the cabins on deck seven? I'm familiar with the super structure in the back and that doesn't bother us.

1706/1406 are connecting cabins ~ was there an issue with noise in the next cabin? Any difference in the room setup due to the connecting door?

1702/1704/1404/1402 ~ How do these cabins compare to the standard D1 cabins on the side of the ship? On Explorer, the cabins look like they have more room between the sofa/bed. Is it the same on Freedom?

1400/1700 ~ Does it have the same layout as 1388/1688 on the Voyager class ships?

Most likely I'll be booking a cruise on a Freedom class ship in 2010. DH/I love aft cabins and are hoping to stay in one. By the time we cruise.... we might be traveling with an addition to the family (we are trying to adopt) so I need to make sure that the cabins are spacious enough for baby stuff (pack-n-play), etc. as well as our items. Also a decent size baloncy for us to enjoy while the baby is napping.

Any information/pictures you could provide me on the cabins I listed above would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to do a search on these cabins but the search feature is not working right now.

Thanks so much for your help!:)

Sea ya!

Hi I am thinking of going on the Freedom in Feb. It will be either an inside romm or a promenade room. Any thought's??? Are the promenade rooms noisey? Never been on the shipp but all the photo's that have been shared in this thread make me want to go!!!

Awesome. Where can I check out a "compass" for the Freedom?

The most recent compass for Freedom is one of last year on www.CruiseDailies.com Not sure if that's too far away for you.

Hi I am thinking of going on the Freedom in Feb. It will be either an inside romm or a promenade room. Any thought's??? Are the promenade rooms noisey? Never been on the shipp but all the photo's that have been shared in this thread make me want to go!!!

The inside rooms are great, nice & dark. We are getting a Promenade Room for the first time this coming Saturday on Liberty. If no one reports back by then, I will let you know about the noise factor! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the 'dead space' next to 6283 and 6583 on the FOS is? Don't want to book next to something noisy if possible!

I know I've seen places where you can find your ship and enter the cabin number and it will pop up with any 'reviews' on the cabin. is there something like this for FOS?

thanks!

Courtney

I have never heard of such a site. I tried Googling it, but found nothing similar to your description. I also checked the deck plans. My educated guess (I have been on the Freedom 5 times) is that it is a housekeeping nook. The larger spaces are stairwells (they bring suitcases, room service, etc. up through these stairwells). Perhaps someone else can confirm this definitively.

Sorry if this has been answered, earlier in this thread.

We are in 9406 on the Indy. Generally, I love aft balconies, as I love to sit and watch the wake. However ... I'm wondering whether the "superstructure" will block my view. I've seen Bonnie Voyager's pictures of the Deck 10 afts, but I'm wondering about Deck 9.

Has anyone here been on Deck 9, who can share your experience and, maybe, a photo or 2?

Thanks!!! ~ L

I have never heard of such a site. I tried Googling it, but found nothing similar to your description. I also checked the deck plans. My educated guess (I have been on the Freedom 5 times) is that it is a housekeeping nook. The larger spaces are stairwells (they bring suitcases, room service, etc. up through these stairwells). Perhaps someone else can confirm this definitively.

Thanks for the input about the housekeeping nook. I assume that wouldnt' be something noisy. It's kind of nice to think about not having neighbors on one side. We have had loud neighbors before!

I wish I could remember where I found that site! I know it exists for the Disney ships b/c I checked into it before we sailed the Magic. Maybe it was exclusive to the DIS boards for Disney Cruiseline. Oh well. I might try posting a note to the broader RCI boards.

• 1 month later...

We were originally scheduled to sail Christmas 2009 on the FOS but have changed it to October 2009 instead. Thanks for all the info in this thread! We are excited about learning as much as possible about FOS before we sail.

Is there a guest laundry onboard where we can do our own laundry and/or ironing? Or does all laundry have to be sent out?

We have second-seating for dining because the main seating is all taken up. What time is main? and what time is second seating? Also what have your experiences been in wait-listing for main seating and it coming through? Is there somewhere onboard that we can see about switching on embarkation day?

Thanks.