All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Yes, I do believe I remember you! I don't think we actually met, but I remember you from the rollcall. Your fiance's name.....ack, I know who it is but it's escaping me right now! You're from Central Jersey, though, right?

His name's on the tip of my tongue and now it's going to bug me...LOL! Doesn't it begin with a "P"?

Congrats on your wedding and anniversary cruise! When are you going next year?

Our wedding is Aug. 8. We will be in Hawaii for one week, and then flying to LA to take a cruise on the VOS to the Mexican Riviera. Next year, we are going back on FOS on Aug. 23 to Eastern Caribbean. We've been to Western twice, so no need to visit there again just yet.

Our wedding is Aug. 8. We will be in Hawaii for one week, and then flying to LA to take a cruise on the VOS to the Mexican Riviera. Next year, we are going back on FOS on Aug. 23 to Eastern Caribbean. We've been to Western twice, so no need to visit there again just yet.

Wow, great plans! Sounds like a blast! Best wishes on your wedding. :)

MVPinBoynton:

Thanks for posting the link for your review. We are considering doing RCCL for the the 1st time next May on the Freedom when it comes to PC and your review with the pics really gave us a good feel for the ship. We have cruised many times but this would be our first RCL cruise.

Hi All-

My husband and I are sailing FOS for our 10th anniversary next year. Granted, we have a long time to go, but I do have a few questions already!

We're sailing an Eastern route out of Port Caneveral. Does anyone know which nights will be formal? Also, are adult only areas enforced? Finally, how is the island Cococay? I imagining blissful, but it's always good to have a heads up!

Thanks!

Erin

We were in Cococay on the Majesty. It's wonderful. Pleaceful, lots of hammocks, wonderful picnic lunch. It's really a beautiful little island. Nature trail if you're into that. Bars, if you're not! lol. Snorkling is nice, or you can lay on a mat.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All-

My husband and I are sailing FOS for our 10th anniversary next year. Granted, we have a long time to go, but I do have a few questions already!

We're sailing an Eastern route out of Port Caneveral. Does anyone know which nights will be formal? Also, are adult only areas enforced? Finally, how is the island Cococay? I imagining blissful, but it's always good to have a heads up!

Thanks!

Erin

Which sailing will you be on? I will be on the August 23, 2009 sailing from Port Caneveral.

• 2 weeks later...
There was recently a link shared for the FOS Eastern sailing Cruise Compass. Has anyone found a way of printing off this compass so that it is legible I am having no luck in doing so? Thanks for you help in advance.

Well, if you will provide the link I'll look into it.

We are new members here and this is our very first post on Cruise Critic.

We will be sailing on the FOS - November 16th.

It will be our first experience with Royal Caribbean and we're looking forward to it.

There was recently a link shared for the FOS Eastern sailing Cruise Compass. Has anyone found a way of printing off this compass so that it is legible I am having no luck in doing so? Thanks for you help in advance.

When you are in the photo album click on full size to get a large picture. Once you have this you can click anywhere in the picture and a print icon will appear.

I hope this helps!!!

Here is a quick list of thoughts that come to mind following our return from the Freedom or the Seas Eastern Caribbean cruise last week. These are truly random thoughts, but maybe one or two might offer some insight for you as you prepare to head to your cruise.

• Cab fare from Miami airport to the pier is currently $24 plus $1.50 fuel surcharge regardless of the number of people in your party. There were five of us so we waited for a “minivan”. Minivan-type cabs were plentiful.
  • When arriving at the pier, say a little prayer as you drop off your bags and leave them amongst hundreds of others scattered along the street. The porter reminds you to tip him then since that is the last time you will see him. Sure enough, the bags did arrive safely to the cabin.
  • Dear Royal Caribbean – please add additional personnel to the Flow Rider registration desk at least for the first two days. One person just wasn’t enough as you would have to wait in line for up to an hour just to sign releases for your kids.
  • With a 3:00 or so arrival in San Juan, all First Sitting diners will most likely miss their 6:00 reservation if you go onshore. That made places like Johnny Rockets really crowded upon our return.
  • Speaking of San Juan, the El Morrow fort closes at 5:00. If you’re going to try to make it, be sure to get off the Freedom as soon as possible. While there is a free shuttle that goes to the fort, its arrival at the pier is sporadic. A cab will cost $10-$12 to get up there regardless of the number of people in your party. The cost seemed to start at $18, but was ultimately negotiable.
  • Dear Royal Caribbean – one major headache is the experience of constantly having flyers shoved at you advertising whatever gold or silver sale was happening at that moment.
  • With tip, a single soda is about $2.24 on the ship. You can do the math to see if the soda card would be worth it for you.
  • The only place a tip was not automatically added to our tab was in the Spa. Apparently, they are owned by a separate company only leasing space on the Freedom and hence do tipping differently.
  • Curfew for those 18 and under is 1:00 AM unless they are in an Ocean Adventure activity. You start to pay $5.00 per hour after 10:00 PM for any child in Ocean Adventure. My 9 year old was able to check herself out anytime after 10:00 and our cabin was billed automatically. (She loved the late activities, by the way).
  • Dinners took a little longer than anticipated. Don’t be in a hurry. Count on an hour and a half to two hours. Our waitress and assistant were always hustling, however. Be sure to order as many appetizers as you like or order off the children’s menu if you so desire.
  • We got three inside cabins on Deck 9 this go round. The rooms were pitch black if you do not take a night light or leave a light on in the bathroom so everyone found themselves sleeping later than they normally would have. The rooms were very quite as well.
  • In St. Thomas, we got to Magen’s Bay about 8:30 or 9:00 AM. Cab fare was $8 per person each way. No more than a dozen or so folks were there at the time and it was so tranquil and fantastic. The rental shop (chairs, floats, etc.) was not opened at the time, however. Take your towels from the ship, rentals there are 4.00 each. As the morning came and went, more and more travelers arrived. Be sure to walk far down the beach when you arrive to keep yourself far away from those that drop everything right where the bus or taxi leave them. We left about noon and when we returned our chairs many folks were waiting on them since none were left. We returned to the boat, cleaned up, had lunch and still had time to go back onshore for shopping.
  • In St. Maarten, our two oldest girls (age 18 and 15) went on the Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure and loved it. They were most glad that I – their nearly 50 year old Dad – did not try it for I would “have held them back.” My 18 year old was able to sign the releases for my 15 year old.
  • The coupons for the Crown and Anchor members were worthwhile. It was a small hassle to have to go to Guest Relations to have them the credit me for the coupons for internet usage and 2 for 1 in room movies. Movies are about $12 each so use the coupon to make the cost more reasonable.
  • Speaking of the internet, you would think that with today’s technology the internet connections on the boat would be much quicker. Everything you read on these boards is true…the connection is very slow. Keep in mind also that the $5.00 Crown and Anchor coupon cannot be applied to the packages of internet minutes. It can only be applied when you’re paying the individual $.50+ per minute.
  • For you night owls that are finally getting out of the cabin around lunch time, head on down to the Promenade for coffee and a pastry if you don’t want a full lunch in the Windjammer.
  • Dear Royal Caribbean – I will never say again that I won’t buy pictures on an upcoming cruise. Heck, they’re our kids and they look so darn cute!

That’s it for now. We truly had a wonderful time and are certainly looking forward to the next opportunity when we can cruise again.

Well, this is very unfortunate thing about Webshots - it is not very share friendly. I tried a few different tricks and I could not produce a readable printout. I should point out that I am a premium member of Webshots (not just a free member).

I was able to save the menus to my hard drive as .jpgs. When I click on the file(s), using select all, and clicked on "print" the Windows printer wizard opened and I selected fill a landscape page with each file. :cool:

Then I went to Wall-Mart and bought a x3 set of reading glasses. ;) Now I can read the menus very well ! :rolleyes:

Enjoy :)

I was able to save the menus to my hard drive as .jpgs. When I click on the file(s), using select all, and clicked on "print" the Windows printer wizard opened and I selected fill a landscape page with each file. :cool:

Then I went to Wall-Mart and bought a x3 set of reading glasses. ;) Now I can read the menus very well ! :rolleyes:

Enjoy :)

I didn't say it was impossible. I just said it was not "friendly". I thought of another way. However, as I started explain how to do it, I realized it was going to be too much and just gave up.

There is another site with daily compasses, however, the most recent one is one year old. I used to post my compasses to this other site, but then two of mine never made it (even after a resend) and since I don't like scanning them (boooooring) I just stopped.

Fozzietx--

Was on the FOS with you. I agee about dropping the luggage off with the porter during embarkation and praying. :eek: Mine made it too!! Good points,especially about adding a person or two to the sports deck to sign waivers on the first couple of days. We did it the first day around 5:30 right after sail away and it took us about 20 minutes. I just wrote a review, please feel free to add any comments.