All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Cuizer2 - thanks for the picture of the sofa bed - and yeah, just 19 short months to go (LOL). At least we have a cruise between now and then to tide us over. I watched the Freedom of the Seas on the Travel Channel yesterday with Samantha Brown.

Wow...now that's the sofa bed but NOT a D1 cabin, is it?? I just got my parents a D1 for next year, but I didn't think it was THAT big!

Definitely not, just got back from 9342 a D1, Booked 550 days ahead, seems odd to not be waiting for it any more :)

All the food at Sorrentos and the Cafe Promenade is free, just walk up and order what you want.

As of earlier this month, the lady was the Manager of both places and the service was excellent at both.

sorrentomgr.jpg

Definitely not, just got back from 9342 a D1, Booked 550 days ahead, seems odd to not be waiting for it any more :)

BillOh - if you post pictures anywhere, particularly of inside the D1 cabin, I'd love to see them. We booked at exactly 600 days out... ay yi yi. seems like a long time to go. Hope you had a great trip.

Cuizer2 - thanks for the picture of the sofa bed - and yeah, just 19 short months to go (LOL). At least we have a cruise between now and then to tide us over. I watched the Freedom of the Seas on the Travel Channel yesterday with Samantha Brown.

We booked ours that far ahead and ended up doing a 3 day Majesty in between planned cruises. It is amazing how fast the wait when by. A good roll call group helps.

There is another show about the Freedom of the Seas on build it bigger. At the time the Freedom was cruising, the Liberty was nearing completion and the Independence was just getting started. The show is actually about all three.

Any adults sleep in the sofa bed in a balcony cabin? Is it comfortable and large enough for two adults? We are 4 in the cabin with two boys and wonder if it would be better for DH & I to share the sofa bed so the kids can have separate beds.

(Not saying we will, but it is a thought. Sometime the kids come first, sometimes - like vacation - MOM comes first!):D

Thanks!

Any adults sleep in the sofa bed in a balcony cabin? Is it comfortable and large enough for two adults? We are 4 in the cabin with two boys and wonder if it would be better for DH & I to share the sofa bed so the kids can have separate beds.

(Not saying we will, but it is a thought. Sometime the kids come first, sometimes - like vacation - MOM comes first!):D

Thanks!

gvi - we are the same situation -- two adults and two boys who will be ages 13 and 12 when we sail. They can't sleep together now as it is and I hate to have one have to bed-down on the floor! We've only sailed Disney so far as a family and they've each had their own bunk. For RCCL we were thinking DH and I would take the sofa bed, but it really depends on if it's more of a "full" bed or more towards "queen" size. If it's "full" then we will have to sort it out when we get there because DH and I cannot sleep comfortably on a full-sized bed for that many days. We may just end up playing musical beds for the week!

gvi - we are the same situation -- two adults and two boys who will be ages 13 and 12 when we sail. They can't sleep together now as it is and I hate to have one have to bed-down on the floor! We've only sailed Disney so far as a family and they've each had their own bunk. For RCCL we were thinking DH and I would take the sofa bed, but it really depends on if it's more of a "full" bed or more towards "queen" size. If it's "full" then we will have to sort it out when we get there because DH and I cannot sleep comfortably on a full-sized bed for that many days. We may just end up playing musical beds for the week!

Do you have a balcony? Do you have a hammock? Problem solved. :)

Between the pizza and mini-sandwiches at Sorrento's, the pastrie and coffee at Seattle's Best Coffee Shop, and Ben and Jerry's (not to mention Johnny Rocket's), we had no problem with lunchtime.

I know the Johnny Rocket's cost extra, we got coupons for this on the NOS., but for the other two, is there an extra charge? On the NOS, there was a place for snacks, pastries, etc that did not charge.

slowpoke58

Emerald Seas 79’ 4 Night Nassau and Freeport

Sun Viking 83’ 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Ecstasy 94’ 7 Night Western Caribbean

Navigator of the Seas 05’ 7 Night Western Caribbean

Jewel of the Seas Jan 07’ 8 Night Eastern Caribbean

Coral Princess 12-07 10 Night Panama Canal

I'm not sure who you are directing this question to, but if it is me, many of the photos that I posted are actually made up of several photos "stitched" together via software (I use the Microsoft product - though Photoshop is better known).

The "stitched" photos tend to be either short and wide (both H2O Zone photos are made up from more than one shot) or tall and skinny (the rock wall is made up of two photographs stitched together). However, the inside photos, such as the inside bedroom in post # 27, are also stitched together in a grid pattern, kind of like a miniature checker board.

Your pictures are great!, What kind of camera do you use? Going to get a new one before we leave on the FOS 12-7. and would like to get a really good one for pictures.

slowpoke58

Emerald Seas 79’ 4 Night Nassau and Freeport

Your pictures are great!, What kind of camera do you use? Going to get a new one before we leave on the FOS 12-7. and would like to get a really good one for pictures.

slowpoke58

EmeraldSeas 79’ 4 Night Nassau and Freeport

My "cruise" camera is a Canon A620. The camera has several features which were important for a travel camera. They are:

1) Small - the camera fits inside a shirt pocket.

2) Good optical zoom - 4x

3) Common batteries - uses four AA batteries. I use three sets of rechargeable batteries. However, since the camera uses four batteries, and I don't use the LCD, one set of batteries will last until a 1GB SD card is full (it uses SD cards).

4) It has a view finder - LCD are very difficult to use when it is sunny.

5) Seven mega-pixels.

6) The LCD screen rotates (so I can shoot over a crowd and still see what I am aiming at).

EVERYTHING (camera, extra batteries, charger, extra memory cards and even a pocket sized viewer) fits inside a case that is 9" x 6" x 4".

In fact, I am holding the camera up to the monitor right now, so if you are online you should be able to see it. :)

Thanks for the reply.

We have looked at the Cannon and the Sony, but i really like how your pictures have turned out.

slowpoke58

Just remember, when "stitching" together several pictures, it is the software, and not the camera that matters. One of the reasons I use the MicroSoft product over the better known Adobe Photoshop Elements is, that in my opinion, the MicroSoft product does a better job.

Also, you will get better results if you use a tripod (which I don't use).

We have a similar situation traveling with DD15 and DS11...I guess DH and I will get the sofa bed...or one of the kids can sleep on the floor LOL

Just remember, when "stitching" together several pictures, it is the software, and not the camera that matters. One of the reasons I use the MicroSoft product over the better known Adobe Photoshop Elements is, that in my opinion, the MicroSoft product does a better job.

Also, you will get better results if you use a tripod (which I don't use)

My daughter has PSP that she can do wonders with. I also like the Microsoft Product better, to me it is easier to use.

slowpoke58

I also have a Nikon Cool Pix 8700. Compared to the Canon A620 ...

1) It is not small, it will not fit in anyone's pocket.

2) It has a better optical zoom - 8x

3) It does not use common batteries.

4) It does have a view finder.

5) It is eight mega-pixels.

6) The LCD screen also rotates.

The camera case (carrying the same stuff as the Canon case - except I don't have a pocket sized viewer, as this camera uses CF cards) is 9 x 6.5 x 5.5.

The following photos were taken with the Nikon (just before the ship ran me over) ...

VOS3-4-2-06.jpg

Star3-4-2-06.jpg

DPheadon-2.jpg

Crusinmama06

Would you mind telling us what kind of camera you use? Your pictures are really good.

Cuizer2 told me that she uses a Cannon A620. and her pictures are also really good,

We are going to get a new camera for our cruise on the FOS in December 08 and have looked at different ones.

The Cannon and one by Sony.

thanks

slowpoke58

Crusinmama06

Would you mind telling us what kind of camera you use? Your pictures are really good.

Cuizer2 told me that he uses a Cannon A620. and his pictures are also really good,

We are going to get a new camera for our cruise on the FOS in December 08 and have looked at different ones.

The Cannon and one by Sony.

thanks

slowpoke58

I made a couple of corrections to your post. :)

hi! Can anyone tell me when I will be able to start booking excursions and restaurant reservations online for a cruise Nov 9th?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

Start looking about 90 days in advance.

I'd like to thank all the posters on this thread. It's taken me days to read with all the messages, pictures, and information given, I really feel I know what to expect on the ship. Wow!! I can't wait. We are booked on the Liberty for Oct 18 Western Caribbean and it's nice to know what to look for.

I do have a few questions about staterooms in the very front of the ship. These are the ocean view rooms I've seen on the many pictures that has been posted.

1. If anyone has a stateroom like I described, do you have any noise problems with the anchor when it goes up/down at ports?

2. How is the view?

3. If you could change your ocean view room to one of the rooms on a lower level, would you? why or why not? Thanks in advance.

I'd like to thank all the posters on this thread. It's taken me days to read with all the messages, pictures, and information given, I really feel I know what to expect on the ship. Wow!! I can't wait. We are booked on the Liberty for Oct 18 Western Caribbean and it's nice to know what to look for.

I do have a few questions about staterooms in the very front of the ship. These are the ocean view rooms I've seen on the many pictures that has been posted.

1. If anyone has a stateroom like I described, do you have any noise problems with the anchor when it goes up/down at ports?

The anchor will not be going up or down. In Labadee the ship does not drop an anchor. It ties up to a floating buoy. You can see all the bow lines in this photo (of the Navigator) ...

DCP_0341.jpg

In Montego Bay the ship docks. In Grand Cayman the ship uses its thrusters to stay in one place (Dynamic Positioning System) and in Cozumel the ship docks. So, no anchor.

Now, by the view, are you referring to this ...

The View is an Emmy Award-winning American talk show on ABC. It features a panel of women as co-hosts: Whoopi Goldberg moderates discussions and is joined by Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sherri Shepherd and Barbara Walters, who also serves as the show's co-executive producer. The View can often be compared to the UK television programme Loose Women.

or this ...

Front.jpg

Bow.jpg