All Things Freedom of the Seas!

i read on a compass that eastern formal nights were monday night (captains) and friday night (chefs).

We just got off the Freedom doing an Eastern, and the formal nights were Monday and Thursday. I didn't like the Thursday formal night after a day in St. Martin, but Friday night we went to the ice show at 5pm (we had main seating). I don't think I would have wanted to go to the ice show in formal attire either.

We just got off the Freedom doing an Eastern, and the formal nights were Monday and Thursday. I didn't like the Thursday formal night after a day in St. Martin, but Friday night we went to the ice show at 5pm (we had main seating). I don't think I would have wanted to go to the ice show in formal attire either.

i already mapped out every night and what i was going to wear...that puts me straightening the hair after a long morning of excursions...but formal nights are my favorite! oh well glad i found out now and not when i got on the ship!! (ps. i know i'm an OOP (obsessive over planner)

we did the ice show on mariner on a formal night. wasnt too bad...actually because we were dressed and ready for dinner like an hour early and we got some formal pictures taken before the lines got too long!

i already mapped out every night and what i was going to wear...that puts me straightening the hair after a long morning of excursions...but formal nights are my favorite! oh well glad i found out now and not when i got on the ship!! (ps. i know i'm an OOP (obsessive over planner)

we did the ice show on mariner on a formal night. wasnt too bad...actually because we were dressed and ready for dinner like an hour early and we got some formal pictures taken before the lines got too long!

obsessedsc: I remember you from the OCPD thread. Obsessive Compulsive Planning Disorder!! I too am an over planner. Hee Hee I started the thread!! I'm not only a client I'm the president!!

And I'm no way looking forward to recovery!!

obsessedsc: I remember you from the OCPD thread. Obsessive Compulsive Planning Disorder!! I too am an over planner. Hee Hee I started the thread!! I'm not only a client I'm the president!!

And I'm no way looking forward to recovery!!

i'm only getting worse! my nursing classes are getting in the way of my cruise planning! i even write down places i want to make sure we get pictures! and everything not to miss from the compasses! not to mention outfits down to which bathing suits i will wear on each day! yeah. i'm a craaaaazy one! but i doubt i'll get as many moans and groans about taking pictures this year because he def. looks through them just as much as i do!

have you ever met someone that was going on a cruise and they dont know the cruise line or the ship without looking it up...i cant imagine...i know every detail!

Hi all!

I am booked on the FOS for 8/17/08-me, DH, DD and DS. My parents are also going. We are celebrating DDs 16th birthday. We are in Cabin 6202 and my parents have a Premade Cabin on Deck 7 (I think).

Thanks for all the info on this thread...I have just receahed the obsessive planning part, working on printing out the Cruise Compass and finalixing excursions.

Denise

ON MAIN ROYAL THREAD ALSO:

i forgot what time freedom disembarked. it docks at 7am. how early of a flight do you think is okay? for me the earlier the better but i wanted to get opinions on the disembarkation of freedom since we stayed on as late as possible last time due to a late flight.

i was hoping to do a flight as early as 10am. what do you think?

has anyone heard of any long delays getting off of freedom?

Thank you!!!!

We just got off the Freedom this past Sunday. We had white luggage tags (the first group), and walked off the ship shortly after 6:30am. There was no line at immigration, but we waited for our luggage until about 7:30am. Our porter quickly hooked us up with a van for our party of 11, and we were to the airport by 8:30am. The airport was a pretty busy, but from what I hear, it only got crazier as the morning went on. We had an 11am flight and were to our gate by 9:15. If you had a 10am flight, you'd definitely have to take your luggage off the ship yourself, and I think you could start doing that around 6:15am.

what time is best to arrive at port. if i arrive at the earliest time, what time can i plan on being on the ship? i know there isnt an exact but i'm just looking for a general idea!

We always get to the pier around 11:00 or 11:30. And we are usually onboard by noon! :)

what time is best to arrive at port. if i arrive at the earliest time, what time can i plan on being on the ship? i know there isnt an exact but i'm just looking for a general idea!

We arrived at the port around 11am and there were already some people there, but not a lot. Everything seemed a bit disorganized to me though, and we didn't get on the ship until almost 12:30. The Windjammer wasn't busy then and the ship wasn't crowded, but I was surprised how long it took to get on. When we sailed with Carnival and Disney, things seemed to move a lot smoother, but then again there were a lot less people sailing on those ships.

I'm thinking maybe she means Promenade?? :confused: (I hope!!!) LOL
That is what I thought too. However, responding that all the cabins are Promenade is not as funny, so I glad she said "Premade" :D