All Things Freedom of the Seas!

This is referring all the way back to the start of this thread, but I keep meaning to thank everyone for the photos! Christie, I am currently using your photo of FOS in Labadee as my computer's wallpaper background.

That'll be $100, please. Better yet, that will be one free cruise, please. :D hehehe! Hey, no problem. Best wishes on your wedding planning and you're right...no matter what happens, look what you have to look forward to!!!! :) Congrats!!!

Perhaps I've missed something obvious on the RCI web site (wouldn't be the first time) but where does one find this kind of information? I'd love to know what's happening on our cruise a couple weeks later on Mariner.

Email your ship and sailing date to:

web_reservations@rccl.com

Quizer2, I was told before the same thing. I have my pictures uploaded in the Kodak gallery and I copied and pasted here.
Well, I am not familiar with the Kodak gallery, so I can't help you. Nonetheless, you can try Photobucket. It is free. Then I can help. It is easier to post on CC from Photobucket than it is from Webshots.

Well, I am not familiar with the Kodak gallery, so I can't help you. Nonetheless, you can try Photobucket. It is free. Then I can help. It is easier to post on CC from Photobucket than it is from Webshots.

I agree. Once you upload the pics to photobucket...all you have to do is to copy the IMG code or click on mulitple pictures and then click "Generate HTML code" at the bottom of the page and it puts them all together. :)

I always use Photobucket

I agree. Once you upload the pics to photobucket...all you have to do is to copy the IMG code or click on mulitple pictures and then click "Generate HTML code" at the bottom of the page and it puts them all together. :)

I always use Photobucket

Well, that is not how I do it, but if it works it works. :)

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the board and just booked my FOS cruise for May 4th. I'm really excited. DH and I will have one of the family promenade staterooms. Thank you for posting all of the awesome pics!

Warmest Regards,

180 degrees. Actually I was hoping you would say that you meant the CD. Then I could respond that the CD starts rotating as soon as you close the door in the machine.

To answer your question, it seems many of the employees have different contract lengths. What does seem to be constant is, the longer the contract period, the longer the time off. For example, someone might get one month off after a three month contract and two months off after a six month contract.

So, I don't think there is a standard answer to the question of, when do they rotate.

Your observations do not apply to senior officers including the Captains, who relieve one another at periods of 10 to 14 weeks, which works out to 6 months work during the year.

Your observations do not apply to senior officers including the Captains, who relieve one another at periods of 10 to 14 weeks, which works out to 6 months work during the year.
The CD is a senior officer. The examples I gave were to explain a point. I was not providing the actual contract periods for anyone.

As to the captains and other senior officers, they are involved in training (simulator) and thus work more than six months during the year. Also, the first captain of the Freedom of the Seas is an officer (vice president) of Royal Caribbean and thus works a lot more than six months out of the year.

Don't take an example to illustrate a point and assume it is part of the actual work schedule.

You know, last year on the Freedom, they didn't have any "smart casual". 2 Formal and 5 casual. I think they did away with the smart casual. Does anybody know?

People seem to dress the same on Casual or Smart Casual nights, so it probably really doesn't matter how many of each they have.

This is what Royal Caribbean's web sites says ...

Q: What are the dress codes onboard? s.gif A: There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: con_bulletgray_ico.gif Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women con_bulletgray_ico.gif Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women con_bulletgray_ico.gif Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

The number of smart casual and formal nights is at the ship's discretion.

Cruise Length Casual Smart Casual Formal

3-night

2 - casual

0 - smart casual

1 - formal

4-night

3 - casual

0 - smart casual

1 - formal

5-night

3 - casual

1 - smart casual

1 - formal

6-night

4 - casual

0 - smart casual

2 - formal

7-night

4 - casual

1 - smart casual

2 - formal

So, if you are on a five or seven night cruise, make sure to bring some well educated casual clothing.

The CD is a senior officer. The examples I gave were to explain a point. I was not providing the actual contract periods for anyone.

As to the captains and other senior officers, they are involved in training (simulator) and thus work more than six months during the year. Also, the first captain of the Freedom of the Seas is an officer (vice president) of Royal Caribbean and thus works a lot more than six months out of the year.

Don't take an example to illustrate a point and assume it is part of the actual work schedule.

I was referring to shipboard time when making the six month duty comment. You are correct in stating the first Captain was the VP of Marine Ops , Bill Wright. I am referring to the current team of Erik Tengelsen/Manolis Kasselas, who are doing the ten week rotation. Erik is a personal friend, and is currently on holiday at home in England. The simulator training you refer to at Dania Fl. usually occurs when moving from one ship class to another, but rarely at other times. This year there is attendance required at the annual meeting for Captains and Chief Engineers in Atlanta, but that is only an annual event. I can tell you from persoanal experience that Erik spends his full 10 weeks at home or vacationing in Norway or other venues, and does indeed work a six month schedule.

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the board and just booked my FOS cruise for May 4th. I'm really excited. DH and I will have one of the family promenade staterooms. Thank you for posting all of the awesome pics!

Warmest Regards,

I'll get off the ship quickly so you can get on :)

Angel for us it should be Monday and Saturday, the 2 at Sea Days.
Saturday night will not be a formal night because people have to pack. On the Western itinerary the formal nights were Monday and Thursday (Grand Cayman night). On the Eastern, based on the Compass I looked at, the formal nights are Monday and Friday.

Here is a link to a western Daily Compass for the FOS - http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/FreedomoftheSeas/852007WesternCaribbean/tabid/461/Default.aspx

Here is a link to an eastern Daily Compass for the FOS - http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/FreedomoftheSeas/8122007EasternCaribbean/tabid/462/Default.aspx

Saturday night will not be a formal night because people have to pack. On the Western itinerary the formal nights were Monday and Thursday (Grand Cayman night). On the Eastern, based on the Compass I looked at, the formal nights are Monday and Friday.

Here is a link to a western Daily Compass for the FOS - http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/FreedomoftheSeas/852007WesternCaribbean/tabid/461/Default.aspx

Here is a link to an eastern Daily Compass for the FOS - http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/FreedomoftheSeas/8122007EasternCaribbean/tabid/462/Default.aspx

Great point, I hadn't though about packing.