All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I was told Monday and Thursday on Freedom's Easter Carib itinerary.

I don't remember the actual post, but I recall someone saying that the second formal night was actually on the third port night on the Eastern itinerary. I believe that would make the two nights, Monday and Thursday. I, however, think this idea stinks. It should be Friday. After running around the island or sitting on a beach, I am going to be too tired to dress up!

Last year when I was on the Freedom, it was the first Sea Day and then our last port night, if i remember correctly. Sorry, i can't find my compass right now.

And to answer the question about the flowrider: There are assigned times for the Flowrider, so it's not always open. I know this because dh couldn't get enough of it! :) The Flowrider also has schedules for surfing and boogie boarding. When the ship is in port, it is least busy. On our first day at port, Cozumel, we got back on the ship just an hour or two before sailing and he got plenty of turns on the Flowrider, just a 5-10 minute wait or so. So he did this a few times. But on the last day at sea, he waited 30 minutes for his turn! So it is much busier on sea days.

On our first day at port, Cozumel, we got back on the ship just an hour or two before sailing and he got plenty of turns on the Flowrider, just a 5-10 minute wait or so. So he did this a few times. But on the last day at sea, he waited 30 minutes for his turn! So it is much busier on sea days.
If your first day at port was Cozumel, then you were on the Freedom of the Seas before the Liberty of the Seas was built. Now Cozumel is the last port, not the first port. Also, because Cozumel is so close to Miami, the ship leaves later. So, the 2nd formal night is after Grand Cayman.

Also, if you were on the Freedom of the Seas before the Liberty of the Seas was built, then I might have a picture of you when the Freedom of the Seas was anchored off of Cozumel. See if you can find yourself in the photo below ...

FOSoffCozumel.jpg

I was on Freedom last April, 2007. I think the Liberty came out about that time, i don't remember. But they changed the itinerary afterwards. Our first stop was Cozumel, then Grand Cayman, then Montego Bay and then Labadee. So I don't remember when are second formal night was now!

I kind of wish we were going back to Mo Bay though instead of Ocho Rios. I had such a great time in Mo Bay! I loved Sunset Beach Resort!

Hmmm.... i can't wait to get back on the Freedom! :)

Thanks for that, it was funny. Have fun on your cruise, are you excited yet?

Can't wait. Packing is 95% done. Just put the tux & formal dresses in at the last minute.

On a serious note-most of the bars close around 2:00 am. WJ usually opens around 7:00 am. Never checked out anything too late. Have to sleep somtime.

There is actually very little that is truly open 24 hours.

Food - Most food locations close at reasonable hours of the night. However, the promenade cafe is open till the wee hours servings, snacks, cookies, sandwhiches and pizza. Room Service is always available. The Windjammer opens early AM for breakfast.

Bars- Most of the bars close in the early AM hours normally around 2:00.

Activities - There is not much beyond midnight or so, depending on deck party nights. Some pools and hot tubs may be open later depending on itinerary. Things like the library, RC On Line and self use facitilites are available 24 hours.

Don't forget to sleep sometime, or you will putter out by the end of the week.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise. It will be a blast.

Have fun but remember to set aside time to relax, REST, and get your enjoy level back. You do want something to look forward to on your second cruise and there will definitely be a second cruise in your life. Once you have cruised you will find that you will be hooked on cruising and vacations on land will never be the same - IMMHO.

I dont know anything about the ship you are sailing (ive been on vos and eos multiple times though) but as others stated, bars typically opened till around 2am....snacks @ Cafe Promenade till around 3 ish (on Explorer and prob fleetwide) ROOM SERVICE is the only true 24 hr you can rely on. I have seen the hot tubs both opened and closed so I'm guessing that also depends on other things like whether they have to clean them, weather conditions, and wether you're docked or in port. You're query left me wondering 'why' you're so curious about what is opened 24 hrs? :confused: I like to party hard but Im not staying up all night! rofl Usually the ones you see trolling the ship in the wee hours are the ones who just cant find their cabins, not for lack of trying! :rolleyes:

Not saying that I'm going to be up all night but just like to know, If I can't sleep or get up really early and can't go back to sleep. I don't want to just sit in my room with nothing to do. I think it would be nice to take a dip in the hot tub after dinner or a show. I'm not sure what times they are.

I don't remember the actual post, but I recall someone saying that the second formal night was actually on the third port night on the Eastern itinerary. I believe that would make the two nights, Monday and Thursday. I, however, think this idea stinks. It should be Friday. After running around the island or sitting on a beach, I am going to be too tired to dress up!

i read on a compass that eastern formal nights were monday night (captains) and friday night (chefs).

The pools and hot tubs are open 24 hours. The only time they're closed it for cleaning. And they usually only do one at a time, so that the others are open & available. Cafe Promenade was open 23 out of 24 hours when we were on Freedom last. :)

The pools and hot tubs are open 24 hours. The only time they're closed it for cleaning. And they usually only do one at a time, so that the others are open & available. Cafe Promenade was open 23 out of 24 hours when we were on Freedom last. :)

Oops. Sorry Christie. I just noticed you answered Angel's question before me.

DrB