All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Can someone please tell me if they have a hair dryer in the rooms? Also if I clothes need ironing do we have to send to the cleaners? Thanks
Yes, there are hair dryers in the cabins. There is no self service laundry and no irons allowed in the rooms, so that only leaves sending it out.

If the deck plan indicates connecting cabins, does that mean there is an interior door connecting the two cabins?

On our last cruise (Carnival Triumph) connecting cabins was by means of removing the balcony divider. We are bringing some friends on board the Freedom with us, but they have younger children - using the balcony connecting method is not an option.

Thanks,

Lori

If the deck plan indicates connecting cabins, does that mean there is an interior door connecting the two cabins?

On our last cruise (Carnival Triumph) connecting cabins was by means of removing the balcony divider. We are bringing some friends on board the Freedom with us, but they have younger children - using the balcony connecting method is not an option.

Thanks,

Lori

Connecting cabins have an interior door between the two cabins. Adjacent cabins do not have an interior door between the two cabins. If there is no interior door, then they are not connecting cabins.

Cabins 8712 & 8714 on the Freedom of the Seas connect. The door between the two cabins is pictured here (the door is locked because we don't know the people next door) ...

IMG_2236.jpg

Hope this isn't a stupid question - I'm going on Freedom for the first time and have hump cabin 9340 - does anyone know if I can have 3 or 4 ppl in that room? I have it for 2 now, but wondering if I can add people?

Thanks if you know - it was hard to try to decipher the deck plans!

Hope this isn't a stupid question - I'm going on Freedom for the first time and have hump cabin 9340 - does anyone know if I can have 3 or 4 ppl in that room? I have it for 2 now, but wondering if I can add people?

Thanks if you know - it was hard to try to decipher the deck plans!

9340 is a D1 balcony that only sleeps two. If it had a third or fourth bed it would have a symbol in it like 9314, 9318, 9374, 9376, 9378 (and others).

:( My husband & I just got back off the Navigator. I am still going through withdrawls and wish I were back on the ship. It was his first cruise and now he is addicted as well. We are very excited to be going on the Freedom with our two children, unfortunatley cant go till next year. Our kids are so involved with sports this is the only other time during the year we can travel. Love your pictures and would like to hear more from you guys about Freedom!! :) I want this next cruise with our children to be the best vacation memories they have ever had.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was going to tell you about this thread......you beat me to it. You go girl!!! 156 Days.:D

You're right...it is very addicting!! I signed up on the first day of the cruise and went just about every day after that. On formal night, DH was like "You're gonna take those bracelets off, huh?" Heck no! They were my badge of honor!!! :D

where/how do you sign up for the flowrider?

What are the formal nights on FOS for the Western Itin. in Aug. Is it the 2nd and 6th nights?

Do you mean for the regular cruise or the NICK Cruise?? I would like to know for the NICK one if there is one.

OK anyone please tell me what you enjoyed doing on their Island for excursions. We are 3 folks with a 10 year old boy. Was thinking of their jumping thing but wondered.

What other excursions are fun to do in Puerto Rico and Bahamas, please post pictures tell good and bad.

Is the flowrider painful?? Do you sign up for a time or how does that work??

Best time to go????

I am a 43 year old school teacher.........and I LOVED the flowrider. I did not think it painful....it was kind of like going down a water slide, once you fell. On the first day, go to the desk right by the Flowrider. Sign your waiver. Then, each day you quickly go back and get a new wristband, letting the worker know that you have signed the waiver. It is very quick and easy......IF you go FIRST thing each morning. I think the best time to go is first thing in the morning.....as soon as it opens. The lines move very quickly at this time. Once all the teenagers wake up, the line is CRAZY! Also....more more bit of advice: If you are female, wear a t-shirt over your swim suit........you'll be able to see why, once a few teenagers in 2 piece suits go down.

Here is a link to show you that even "chicken first grade teachers" can do it!

I am a 43 year old school teacher.........and I LOVED the flowrider. I did not think it painful....it was kind of like going down a water slide, once you fell. On the first day, go to the desk right by the Flowrider. Sign your waiver. Then, each day you quickly go back and get a new wristband, letting the worker know that you have signed the waiver. It is very quick and easy......IF you go FIRST thing each morning. I think the best time to go is first thing in the morning.....as soon as it opens. The lines move very quickly at this time. Once all the teenagers wake up, the line is CRAZY! Also....more more bit of advice: If you are female, wear a t-shirt over your swim suit........you'll be able to see why, once a few teenagers in 2 piece suits go down.

Here is a link to show you that even "chicken first grade teachers" can do it!

For teens, is the waiver like the rock climbing wall? A parent has to go and sign for their first climb, then they have a star shaped punch-out on their SeaPass that means they can go again without going through the waiver process?

Hi Everyone,

Great thread and very informative, Thank you. I am thinking of booking a balcony on Deck 6 , does anyone know if the area near cabin 6274 would be noisy? I know Deck 5 is the Promenade, and wonder if you would get noise from that being underneath ?

Any one use a limo service lately to and from Orlando?

I am looking at Happy Limo or Interplex.

Also, if you choose to get off the ship 1st thing in the morning that you can walk off with your suitcase , what time is it you get off the ship? I am wondering if I can do the 11.00 flight home from Orlando Airport,if I chose this service? Anyone have the updated price for a soda instead of buying the soda card for the week?

Thanks so much for your help.:)

Hi Everyone,

Great thread and very informative, Thank you. I am thinking of booking a balcony on Deck 6 , does anyone know if the area near cabin 6274 would be noisy? I know Deck 5 is the Promenade, and wonder if you would get noise from that being underneath ?

The Royal Promenade is not under the balcony cabins, the Royal Promenade is inside the inside (PR view) cabins. What is under the balcony cabins are the shops and bars. The noise would have to go through a lot before it got to you. I think you would be fine in 6274 noise wise.