All Things Freedom of the Seas!

When are you sailing? My family and I will be on May 30 FOS sailing. I ask because of your username. Hoping there won't be TOO many Aubbies on board...(JK)

ROLL TIDE!

BTW, the Eagle in my username is not a War Eagle.

Now you know that the words Bama and Eagle do not go together!:eek:

Greg ( gskline)

Check your category for a price drop :) Looks like ours is down $64 for cat e2 balcony.

Lew

Thanks Lew. I made a call to my Travel Agent. Are you doing any sailing/snorkling on St. Thomas?

Greg ( gskline)

Check your category for a price drop :) Looks like ours is down $64 for cat e2 balcony.

Lew

I checked Monday and our cruise was down almost $700. We got the reduced fare. It is great.

Thanks Lew. I made a call to my Travel Agent. Are you doing any sailing/snorkling on St. Thomas?

We are going to Coki beach/Coral World and take a tour too. I am going to contact Godfrey to see if he can do his tour and allow us to shop since our ship isn't arriving until 11 am. I have also kicked around the idea of renting a room for the day at one of the resorts to use their facilities and beach chairs :) St Thomas was awesome when we went there in 2002. Saphire beach isn't too nice now from what i've read so we are trying to figure out what to do.

Have you figured out what you're doing in ST Thomas?

Lew

Hi can you tell me how this is done ie where do you check and who do you contact?

TIA Marcella

I start a new booking search for the category/cabin I have. I use the find a ship search then enter the month and it narrows it down pretty quickly :)

Thank you Lew for the quick rely. Will do this but then what??

I'm new to all this!

Marcella

If you booked through Royal call them so they can reduce the price for you. However if you booked through a travel agent you have to call them for the reduction. I thought the reduction was given as an OBC(on board credit) but its not if you haven't made your final payment. The price is lowered on what you have left to pay. After the final payment is made then any price reduction come back as OBC. Keep checking it daily because i've read there can be more than one drop :)

Good luck!!!

Lew

Edited by LSpencer

Did anyone do any Island tours on St. Thomas and on St. Maarten? There are SO many excurisons offered by RCL, it's over whelming:eek:

I was looking at a private tour by Bernard's Tours and St. Maarten. Any opinions? We are a family of 7, kids 17-23.

Greg

We were on Serenade last week and did Bernard's in St. Maarten. It was a great tour. I highly recommend it. Our driver was David and we couldn't be happier with the service and the tour.

Hi can you tell me how this is done ie where do you check and who do you contact?

TIA Marcella

I just checked RCI's website online and noticed the same reservation for my stateroom category was much less. I emailed my TA and she confirmed, called RCI and got the reduced rate. It works out to be less to pay at final payment since we aren't there yet vs. a refund or OBC. There are some restrictions as to when it won't work (WOW sales for example), but this wasn't one of those times.

Edited by TheWog

That is AWESOME.... What Category/cabin type let you save $700?

E1. All rates dropped for two adults and one child - so combined it was just under $700 (more like $660, but I get carried away some times).

We are going on the May 30th cruise as well. My hubbie and 2 boys are Auburn fans!!! So, War Eagle!! JK---I am not a big fan either way!!!!

When are you sailing? My family and I will be on May 30 FOS sailing. I ask because of your username. Hoping there won't be TOO many Aubbies on board...(JK)

ROLL TIDE!

BTW, the Eagle in my username is not a War Eagle.

E1. All rates dropped for two adults and one child - so combined it was just under $700 (more like $660, but I get carried away some times).

E1 is one above us so that was a great drop!!!! $660 is close enough to $700 in my book :)

Does your screen name WOG have to do with a Navy term? My husband is a WOG and Bluenose... I get them confused LOL Funny story: I surprised him and had a diploma framed for his birthday. Thinking it was some important Navy award WELLLLLLLLLL turns out it was his WOG or Bluenose initiation award LOL We proudly have it hanging in the den :)

We were on Serenade last week and did Bernard's in St. Maarten. It was a great tour. I highly recommend it. Our driver was David and we couldn't be happier with the service and the tour.

Valeriejo,

My wife and two daughters (17 & 23) are concerned that they will not have enough time to duty free shop!!!! How long was the tour? Did you feel rushed. I am planning on using Bernard, but want to be prepared to answer this question, which I KNOW they will ask:D. I want to see the Island and just not be dragged from store to store the entire time we're in port.

Greg

If you booked through Royal call them so they can reduce the price for you. However if you booked through a travel agent you have to call them for the reduction. I thought the reduction was given as an OBC(on board credit) but its not if you haven't made your final payment. The price is lowered on what you have left to pay. After the final payment is made then any price reduction come back as OBC. Keep checking it daily because i've read there can be more than one drop :)

Good luck!!!

Lew

I just got off the phone with RCCL...we are booked on FOS for the 01-23-2011 sailing. As you suggested, I went in to "create an identical reservation" and there was definitely a price difference so I gave them a call. Our entire balance had not yet been paid, but she offered us OBC or a discount on the remaining due...our choice. When the first rep was done getting the reduced reservation created and applying what we halready paid to date, she transferred me to the C&A rep to apply our Platinum discount (since we are booked in a GS).

Though it took little bit of time for them to go through this process, it is all fabuluous in the end. Not only was our total amount due reduced by over $700, they also have made some additional arrangements for us that were not previously part of the reservation...we will have a table for 2 in the MDR and we're celebrating our 25th anniversary on the 2nd night of the sailing. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this for possible additional reductions.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
Valeriejo,

My wife and two daughters (17 & 23) are concerned that they will not have enough time to duty free shop!!!! How long was the tour? Did you feel rushed. I am planning on using Bernard, but want to be prepared to answer this question, which I KNOW they will ask:D. I want to see the Island and just not be dragged from store to store the entire time we're in port.

Greg

Sorry this took so long for the reply.

You will have a bit of time to hit a few stores, but would not plan on having a lot of shopping time with this tour. If memory serves me correctly you would possibly have about an hour to 1 1/2 hours to shop. It will depending on traffic and the speed at which your group does the tour. (Getting in and out of the van and time spent at the various stops). You should plan on a full day tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Question about cabins! I was looking at the deck plans after I booked an E1 Cabin 7300. Across from 7300 is an empty space on the deck plans. Does anyone know what that empty space is? I am worried that is the stairs and elevators for the crew. I am worried about the noise that comes with it. Thank you.

Question about cabins! I was looking at the deck plans after I booked an E1 Cabin 7300. Across from 7300 is an empty space on the deck plans. Does anyone know what that empty space is? I am worried that is the stairs and elevators for the crew. I am worried about the noise that comes with it. Thank you.

I was in this cabin last August. I don't know what's on the other side of the wall that's across from the cabin, but we had absolutely no problems with noise. Enjoy your cruise!!

My mom and sister were in 7344 last week and they were a little bit down the hall from the library - maybe that's it? I'm not sure. We were on the other side of the ship in 7638 and had no problem with any noise.

I am so glad I found this thread; there is a lot of great information here, and I haven't even gotten all the way through it yet.

Question for you Freedom experts: If you had to choose one of the following promenade cabins, which do you think would be best: 6629, 6329, 7283 or 7315?

Thanks!

I am so glad I found this thread; there is a lot of great information here, and I haven't even gotten all the way through it yet.

Question for you Freedom experts: If you had to choose one of the following promenade cabins, which do you think would be best: 6629, 6329, 7283 or 7315?

Thanks!

Glad you found this thread! We went on the Freedom in January - she was an awesome ship!!! Would happily sail on her again anytime!! I wrote a lengthy review with quite a few pictures - click on the link in my signature, if you're interested. :)

As for your stateroom question... If you want a central view, then go for 7283. In addition to the "best" view, you're unlikely to hear any noise from the 5th deck (except during parades/events when you're likely to hear some noise from the loud music, but it is short-lived). The 6th deck is nice too - just one deck down is the Promenade (very convenient!), but you're going to lose a lot of view and are unlikely to see the parades from that point.

Hope this helps! :)