All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We just booked the April 18 sailing of FOS and got cabin 7632 which is on the "hump". Just wondering what that will be like? Is the view on the balcony obstructed? Should I look at other options?

You will have a good view forward and a partially obstructed view to the rear. However, any cabin forward of the hump will have a partially obstructed view to the rear. If you are behind the hump your view to the rear is fine, but your view forward is partially obstructed.

Only the center two cabins have an unobstructed view forward and rear.

haven't read all the pages,but if someone hasn't posted this site,it's all you need for freedom

http://www.thepreismans.com/Freedom_menus.htm

Everything on that site is more than three years old. In fact, Freedom is no longer sailing out of Miami and is doing the Western Caribbean in the other direction (Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Cozumel).

Everything on that site is more than three years old. In fact, Freedom is no longer sailing out of Miami and is doing the Western Caribbean in the other direction (Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Cozumel).

true,however the ship hasn't changed and their is tons of pics and info.

What a thread! I've had fun reading all 78 pages over the last few days. We, too, we originally thinking about the Oasis but have decided to sail on the Freedom on May 30, 2010. We have sailed the Mariner twice and loved it. Looking forward to the next few months of planning and then the trip. Thanks for all the great info and pictures.

Lori

Just wanted to let you know that we (my kids and I) appreciate the photos linked to your post. We are doing the Western cruise on the FOS in february and your photos are getting us excited to board!

I'm not sailing the Freedom of the Seas until September, but now that it is 2010 - I can truly start my countdown!

This will be my first Platinum cruise, and my first week-long cruise with Royal. All others have been weekenders so that makes me even more excited! I have read that the two experiences cannot really be compared.

I am really looking forward to the Promenade and to the parade! And the dinners, and the shows, and everything else in-between. Woo-hoo!

just curious, I read in another thread that MOS has a helipad area so I did a search here for "helipad" and nothing was found. Q: there is not a helipad area to walk on FOS?

--how about a "peek-a-boo" window to the bridge?

Edited by Rafa

just curious, I read in another thread that MOS has a helipad area so I did a search here for "helipad" and nothing was found. Q: there is not a helipad area to walk on FOS?

There is an helipad all the way in front of the ship, you access it going up some stairs from the promenade deck. There is no "peek-a-boo" bridge.

There is a helipad area on Freedom and that is the one place you can go and be completely alone on the ship. It's very windy but really cool to be out there.

There is an helipad all the way in front of the ship, you access it going up some stairs from the promenade deck. There is no "peek-a-boo" bridge.

Thank you.

Too bad, I would had enjoyed the "peek-a-boo" to the bridge window.

Both the MOS and the FOS have helipads ...

FOS ...

Front.jpg

MOS ...

2649860850095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi all...this board is fabulous and thank you all for such great information.

My family just booked the western FOS for July 25 and I know very little about the FOS which is why I'm reading every post on this thread! We booked 5 E1 balcony rooms in a row on deck 8. I saw the pictures a couple of pages back of JS balconies that look like you can open sliding doors so that balconies connect. Does anyone know if we'll be able to open doors so that our balconies connect?

Thanks again

Think we want to stay close to the port. We will be driving and it takes about 10-12 hours so will be getting in later in the evening the night before the cruise. Anyone stay at the country inn and suites? It is close to the pier and I was wondering if you can see the ships from there.

We have reservations at the Country Inn and Suites for Nov. Got them on Priceline for $60 . They have a breakfast with bacon and scrambled eggs plus the other continental style foods normally served in other hotels. I think they have paking for $5 a night or a shuttle to the pier for $4@.

Also- what are your thoughts on catching an 11am flight out of MCO (Orlando)?

Thanks!

We are in a similar situation. We are looking to sail in June, booked a 12pm flight out of MCO. We will have a rental car parked at the port. I figure 45 minutes to an hour to the airport and we like to arrive two hours prior to our flights. Is it possible to be off the ship by 9:00 am?